Looking for editors, amateurs to share adventure

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

JohnnyBlaze said:

No.

We critiqued purely to help people and become better writers in the process.

That was and still is the only reward as far as the critiques we volunteer here at DUP.

As far as book editing goes .... if you purchase a car at a dealership for $15,000   when the dealership down the road is charging $20,000 for the same exact vehicle - are you going to camp out in the saleman's office insisting he deserves another $5,000?

If you find an editor who charges lower than most, then take the offer and be grateful.

Im gonna have to go along with that. Sorry for the unbridled idealism.

I don't want to exploit anybody. Or be ungrateful for gifts. It's a balance. I can't give and not take with gratitude.

I do feel like editors are undervalued. I don't want to contribute to that if it is indeed true.

But the editors who own a generous gift in a website such as this are definitely shrewd and ....there will be a feeling of loyalty among the group, because it's no small gift. Im really honored to be able to participate.

There is so much to learn. Thank you.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

I thought of one situation where I could imagine going back to my dealer with an offer. Say they already took my pathetic credit and gave me a car for a 15,000 song. Now, i realize that credit will be tight suddenly. I want a lower payment schedule but i want the dealer to win, too. So I offer that we do 20,000 instead and i pay less per month, over a longer period. We both win.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

EdibleWords said:I thought of one situation where I could imagine going back to my dealer with an offer. Say they already took my pathetic credit and gave me a car for a 15,000 song. Now, i realize that credit will be tight suddenly. I want a lower payment schedule but i want the dealer to win, too. So I offer that we do 20,000 instead and i pay less per month, over a longer period. We both win.

Then you should have no problem promising an editor additional funding to get your books in peak physical shape and promising a reviewer additional funding to get your books reviewed.

Thread solved ..?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

A long shot, but the importance of nutrition?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

Then you should have no problem promising an editor additional funding to get your books in peak physical shape and promising a reviewer additional funding to get your books reviewed.

Thread solved ..?

If someone want to help me based on need or worth I would lock in a sweet deal for them, based on up front rewards, perhaps all my royalties for a certain amount of book sales.

Something fair. I just paid my orthodontist for braces (lump sum up front) off a fixed income from a 100% disabled man who sometimes can't leave his bedroom. Either because of toilet proximity or balance issues. Stress flares symptoms, and the predators are using that against us.

So I should limit my ambitions that way I don't speed his slow murder along myself!

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:

A long shot, but the importance of nutrition?

Why not? Any tips to spare magnesium in a body that rapidly wastes it?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

Why not? Any tips to spare magnesium in a body that rapidly wastes it?

Sure, you could try improving your magnesium absorption by reducing or avoiding calcium-rich foods two hours before or after eating magnesium-rich foods. Also, avoid high-dose zinc supplements, get plenty of vitamin D, eat raw veggies, and quit smoking if you do.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:

Sure, you could try improving your magnesium absorption by reducing or avoiding calcium-rich foods two hours before or after eating magnesium-rich foods. Also, avoid high-dose zinc supplements, get plenty of vitamin D, eat raw veggies, and quit smoking if you do.

Also, don't eat magnesium rich foods with an excessively fatty meal. If you want to absorb it. Rabbit studies showed that.

And d-ribose paired with magnesium is really effective. So is topical magnesium oil.

And, finally, magnesium spares potassium, potassium spares calcium, and taurine is synthesized properly when you have enough of it. But consuming taurine can help buffer against symptoms of magnesium deficiency.

Because I know this and a few more things, he lives.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

Also, don't eat magnesium rich foods with an excessively fatty meal. If you want to absorb it. Rabbit studies showed that.

And d-ribose paired with magnesium is really effective. So is topical magnesium oil.

And, finally, magnesium spares potassium, potassium spares calcium, and taurine is synthesized properly when you have enough of it. But consuming taurine can help buffer against symptoms of magnesium deficiency.

Because I know this and a few more things, he lives.

Good. Then you shouldn't be asking anymore questions that you already know the answers to; thus, wasting people's time for attention.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:

Good. Then you shouldn't be asking anymore questions that you already know the answers to; thus, wasting people's time for attention.

I'm looking at this two ways. One, yes. I shouldn't bug you, because I am looking for attention.

I thought I could glean information by doing so, and I was right, I did. It was helpful. Maybe my prayer wasn't exactly answered like I wanted when I started. That's ok. I'm still learning a lot about human nature.

Two.

I should probably leave this thread because I literally almost cried in front of my husband when I peeked at this. Phew. Time for the brave face. Shit. Brave face gone.

Forgive me for the trouble I made.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

EdibleWords said:

I'm looking at this two ways. One, yes. I shouldn't bug you, because I am looking for attention.

I thought I could glean information by doing so, and I was right, I did. It was helpful. Maybe my prayer wasn't exactly answered like I wanted when I started. That's ok. I'm still learning a lot about human nature.

Two.

I should probably leave this thread because I literally almost cried in front of my husband when I peeked at this. Phew. Time for the brave face. Shit. Brave face gone.

I'm really busy with school and exam stuff but if you need someone to talk to I'll listen <3

..feel like you're just being yourself and looking for support & community. There's nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

*Sending virtual hugs and all that good stuff*

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

Two.

I think Umm's suggestion is wonderful, you should talk to her.  Sorry if I seemed harsh, but I have bent over backwards and offered everything I can to help you - including speaking with you in depth privately.   So I am happy she has stepped in to offer such.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Ahavati said:

O.o
Bit harsh imo.

Go to page:
Go to: