Page:

Sorry

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

This thread no longer serves its original purpose. I can see no one in interested in proof reading, for money equivalent, for a cause, or otherwise.

I think the community has spoken, and to say... this is not the place for such help.

Thank you.

nikkimoe
Tyrant of Words
United States 12awards
Joined 31st May 2012
Forum Posts: 282

None of this makes any sense. Maybe try facebook market place, to sell your videos. I'm weirded out by all this, and it takes a lot to weird me out. You keep repeating yourself but in a new thread.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

nikkimoe said:None of this makes any sense. Maybe try facebook market place, to sell your videos. I'm weirded out by all this, and it takes a lot to weird me out. You keep repeating yourself but in a new thread.

What if you saw a man, having a heart attack in the street, trying to press his wallet into people's hands out of desperation for a ride?

Oddly, this response makes me feel scared and alone. Please don't shut me down. Sorry to the mods. They can kick me off or quiet me if they must, and I will obey.

I'll just warm my hands in the cold with my little matches.

Now, I can't use Facebook. Not yet. Maybe in 5 days. My family and I are in an unknown amount of threat from a creepy religious family.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

I thought I was a genius for seeking help from able-minded writers.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

I probably think way too highly of myself.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

My original offer is gone an all I offer is an apology...

All I will take is another chance to figure this place out.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

nikkimoe said:None of this makes any sense. Maybe try facebook market place, to sell your videos. I'm weirded out by all this, and it takes a lot to weird me out. You keep repeating yourself but in a new thread.

I've learned a lot about this kind of reaction in the past 48 hrs.

I don't blame you. There are too many confusing voices out there..

Take note, everyone:

There is no safe place for distressed people with no community.

That is the harsh truth.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6692

EdibleWords your recent posts and threads have come across as frantic and disjointed. Do not play the wounded martyr or claim that is no light and goodness in the world, off the back of that.

Now from stern to helpful. Do not take the following as an attack on your character, but a criticism and comment on your approach.

It seems you have a good reason and aim you are attempting to achieve, however as already stated your words have not been conveyed and understood. You may well know exactly what you are trying to do, and think that DU and its members can help you achieve it, but it has all been rather weird.

People have most likely been put off by the offer to proofread, because you started with more or less an advertisement of proofreading for money, that was somehow connected to part of a cause. Now none of that is against DU policy as far as I know, but generally it is done with some context and is mostly about a cause Or about a new book/story on sale. Your approach however seemed to throw everything at the wall to see what stuck. The limited information, and the manner it was put across, all seemed rather off and off-putting.

If one thread does not work, rather than create a new thread it is a good idea to reuse and repurpose that thread by editing and adding to. Adding more threads can make the overall message come across as spam and a constant need for attention, rather than an earned attention.

I am not trying to belittle your attempts but explain why they did not have the desired outcome. I hope this helps somewhat.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Viddax said:EdibleWords your recent posts and threads have come across as frantic and disjointed....

Now from stern to helpful.....

I am not trying to belittle your attempts but explain why they did not have the desired outcome. I hope this helps somewhat.

Thank you.

Very helpful. My panic-snap has faded. I'm now a frog in boiling water...

Battling battle fatigue
Dangerous apathy
Depression

But I've decided to keep the fighting spirit because before I snapped I was starting to feel/dead dying.

But I'm gonna pace myself like I'm in it for the whole war, not just one skirmish... we are far from victorious, just yet.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

I have a different view of things from where I'm sitting now. Duress does funny things. I'm still spooked but I sound calmer and I'm less hopeful for the kind of help I think I need... prepared to assume I don't really need what I think I do.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

More than being panicked, I have a unique philosophy about books
A philosophy that requires me to both give to those I esteem highly
And sell at a normal to higher book price
I don't want to undercut good books
published by professionals
And I do want wholesalers to get huge
Profit margins
the biggest I can give
Because I am not in it for money
As much as the voice
And the stories I love to tell

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

The voice matters because
it can rally support
or support change

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

SNIP

edited out post.... mama bear problems.... forget it.

Page:
Go to: