Page:

A free book

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 451

I'm having massive trouble getting critical reviews.

Anyone willing to speak to me

Can get a free first and reborn edition. Collectible, signed.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
Joined 7th Jan 2018

For some reason I can't seem to react to this better than emotionally. I've made my own bed by isolating myself.

Lesson learned!

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Sorry, everyone I ignored.

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 798

i'm sorry you've been left hanging like this, e.w

for me, the urgency and topics, the flurry of postings and their nature, just weren't a place i felt comfortable in. i've had too much drama in my life to happily get into more, especially within any spheres involving grooming and predators & the extreme 'feel' of highs and lows expressed by your posts.

i wish you all the very best, but i cannot journey further with you.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
Joined 7th Jan 2018

No problem. Blessings. I will be putting out a second edition very soon, no matter what. So if you collect paperback first editions... time is running out.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
Joined 7th Jan 2018

One more thing. I'm sure a few feel like distancing from my frantic energy...

When I came to DU 2 years ago I couldn't shed my anxiety to settle down and learn properly. For some reason I tried anyway. So I became a bit discouraged after a point. Then I stopped writing.

And then... things around me were continuing to escalate my parental anxiety. All I could do was go back to my anxious writing frenzy.

At a tipping point I put out books. I hardly believe I went and did that. I don't know whether to be happy about it or what.

Concerning "Pig in a Web" ..I'm not entirely alone in loving it but next to nobody has even cracked it open. Three people, so far, that I know of, I think?

The allegory and backstory have a value, as does the reason it came out. But it must be reborn!

It is the best my fractured heart and mind felt able to do. I truly feel I should double back and redo it ASAP, with help, if possible. I need to iron out things... like paragraphs that didn't stay in shape as I altered my book formatting. And bigger issues, like did I rush anything? I need feedback to be sure, but I'd change a thing or two probably.

Also, imagine this. Me on my iPad... trying to pretend to the world around me as much as possible that I'm not writing.

The process of me.... writing... has been a hated experience for my loved ones around me.

Probably my fault. People, even friends,  wonder how I justify time writing, with ten kids.

So I hide my shame... like I am going off to do something terrible. Sneaking around like I'm having an affair because I don't know how to own my passion like a boss.

And my husband is the better writer, not me.

One more block to writing, in my mind.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
Joined 7th Jan 2018

I'm sorry, this was a silly idea. Anyone worth their time should be compensated. One free book is not enough! Sorry for being cheap.

AspergerPoet56
AspergerPoet56
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 640

EdibleWords said:I'm sorry, this was a silly idea. Anyone worth their time should be compensated. One free book is not enough! Sorry for being cheap.

No one is cheap even if you feel worthless that is something you are definitely not. I have autism late very late diagnosis suffer from depression. Iíve tried to engage by entering competition post on forums comment on poems, but it takes a lot out of me bad enough writing. So my interactions are scarce now not because Iím ignoring people just one of the traits I have. So can understand your plight I think my la k if en o meme to has contributed to no nominations for poem of the month not saying I would ever win. If writing is your secret then itís a secret worth keeping for your own sanity. Never be sorry for putting yourself out there. Itís your world too. End of rant

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
Joined 7th Jan 2018

AspergerPoet56 said:

No one is cheap even if you feel worthless that is something you are definitely not...

.....If writing is your secret then itís a secret worth keeping for your own sanity. Never be sorry for putting yourself out there. Itís your world too. End of rant

Sage and humble advice.

But I feel like you all are worth your time, so I'd rather compensate handsomely by the hour.

Page:
Go to: