Go to page:

Have I been a bad girl?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

lepperochan said:Yes,  you misunderstood. I said I hid his post on this thread because it named your poem.  comp is anon so it was unfair

that said, I I think you posted the whole poem on this thread too so it'll probably be disqualified. up to Lobo, I guess

again, I'm  sorry for your inconvenience

Oh you meant hiding his post here in this thread. Gotcha.  I was confused because you allowed Missy's to remain, even though she mentions her title directly too.

Miss_Sub said:Craic, Boybrains nominated my poem “Dear Poet” which has also gone missing from the thread. [. . .]

As to the other, I see absolutely no difference in posting it here vs on my personal page.  It's anonymous in the comp - not this thread.  So, if I entered it in other competitions it would be disqualified because it's posted in its entirety somewhere else?

I'm trying to understand.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

lepperochan said:Yes,  you misunderstood. I said I hid his post on this thread because it named your poem.  comp is anon so it was unfair

that said, I I think you posted the whole poem on this thread too so it'll probably be disqualified. up to Lobo, I guess

again, I'm  sorry for your inconvenience

Ahavati said:

Oh you meant hiding his post here in this thread. Gotcha.  

As to the other, I see absolutely no difference in posting it here vs on my personal page.  It's anonymous in the comp - not this thread.  So, if I entered it in other competitions it would be disqualified because it's posted in its entirety somewhere else?

I'm trying to understand.

My brain just blew up.

Seriously.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

guys, guys, gals, we found the problem, a mouse has chewed a data cable,
I apologize for all the PTSD the mouse has caused.

No, but really, in other news, in order to  initiate the mouse,
to initiate him to be a member of an el salvador secret police squad,

they have the mouse do impossible futile tasks, over and over again,
so that he gets into a very irratable mood, I guess, that helps him pull
the trigger when ordered to .

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

I think the difference is this thread is directly connected to a thread which is annon voting so by naming the poem on this thread he gave (albeit unintentional) an unfair advantage

surely you must see that. I mean it seems very simple to me. you both basically told anyone who read this thread about voting for poem of the month the title and body of one of your nominations in the poem of the month comp

that said, as said, it's not up to me

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:I think the difference is this thread is directly connected to a thread which is annon voting so by naming the poem on this thread he gave (albeit unintentional) an unfair advantage

surely you must see that. I mean it seems very simple to me. you both basically told anyone who read this thread about voting for poem of the month the title and body of one of your nominations in the poem of the month comp

No; actually I don't.  I was posting a nomination as an example to be shown where it violated guidelines. Unfortunately, you can't post the direct link to the poem without the entire poem showing up.  

rabbitquest said:guys, guys, gals, we found the problem, a mouse has chewed a data cable,
I apologize for all the PTSD the mouse has caused.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

You know what, screw this.  I mean seriously - just keep all of my nominations hidden. I have won this award twice, and frankly don't feel I should even be eligible to win it again within a year's time.  My issue wasn't so much my personal poems as the ethos of the competition, i.e. - any nomination that doesn't violate guidelines being hidden without an explanation.  

I have an affinity for this comp's integrity because I worked hard to help develop and implement it, just as I did the Poet of the Week. I would like to see it remain fair and aboveboard.

I thank those who took the time to nominate my poems.  It's deeply appreciated.

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

wow... a confusing state of affairs i guess patience IS a virtue

one thing about this anonymity business, though: when we first nominate the poems, surely the name of the person it's written by shows? i, for one, am pretty sure (either there or on other comps) that i've read pieces and gone to their page directly to comment on the poem. And if people are nominating poems, it's not that big a stretch to think they might be well-read, popular pieces and so voters may well know whose 'anonymous' poem it is. for usre i've seen anons by missy and others... i read them before on the published area and recognise them even when names are redacted. not even sure a poem of the month is ever going to have true anonymous status this way.

probably the only way to guarantee anonymity for other comps (not sure it can apply to poem of the month since the reason they're being nommed IS popularity) would be to send non-published entries to the host of the comp who then posts them all, with no names attached.

just my fiddy cents *gaelic shrug*

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

butters said:wow... a confusing state of affairs i guess patience IS a virtue

one thing about this anonymity business, though: when we first nominate the poems, surely the name of the person it's written by shows? i, for one, am pretty sure (either there or on other comps) that i've read pieces and gone to their page directly to comment on the poem. And if people are nominating poems, it's not that big a stretch to think they might be well-read, popular pieces and so voters may well know whose 'anonymous' poem it is. for usre i've seen anons by missy and others... i read them before on the published area and recognise them even when names are redacted. not even sure a poem of the month is ever going to have true anonymous status this way.

probably the only way to guarantee anonymity for other comps (not sure it can apply to poem of the month since the reason they're being nommed IS popularity) would be to send non-published entries to the host of the comp who then posts them all, with no names attached.

Ive ran annon comps. members post their entries to me via pm then i post them under my name on the thread numbered 1 to how many entries

people voted for the number they liked best. It was all so very simple *sigh*
I'm sure this little hiccup wil be sorted soon enough

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

lepperochan said:

Ive ran annon comps. members post their entries to me via pm then i post them under my name on the thread numbered 1 to how many entries

people voted for the number they liked best. It was all so very simple *sigh*
I'm sure this little hiccup wil be sorted soon enough

I mean...You're just talking nonsense now....seems so left field
Are You sure You're qualified for such a statement young man?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

:rollseyes:

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

That could actually work.  The nominator could send the comp host a nomination link he could then just copy and paste into drafts until posting the comp. Although that would be very time consuming.

The majority of members already know who the author is because they've read and/or commented on it. LOL!  Or at least I do, anyway! Anonymous seems out-of-sorts, though there may be a few who do not know who the author is.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Not all the entries that have won anonymous comps up until now were completely anonymous - you can clearly see youtube avatars on video embeds that have been previously used as avatars at DUP.

butters said::rollseyes:

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:
Not all the entries that have won anonymous comps up until now were completely anonymous - you can clearly see youtube avatars on video embeds that have been previously used as avatars at DUP.

Troof.  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Troof.  

Yeps.

Go to page:
Go to: