Go to page:

do you write because you're a Writer, or a Creative?

poet Anonymous

butters said:it's not... kind of why i was setting it out like that parallels. but what about the restrictions? is there an equivalency of free-expression? would that be cage-fighting?

Think of each discipline as a restriction similar to forms

And mma as free verse

Each has overlap and adaptation but each should also be studied within the basis of their structire.

Boxing would be something akin to a ghazal  the best ones deviate from the frame work just enough to elevate them above and so on and as with writing a small amount of extra natural talent combined with hard work produces excellence.

Then think of a basic pub fight an emotional angst written outburst

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Commentonly said:

Think of each discipline as a restriction similar to forms

And mma as free verse

Each has overlap and adaptation but each should also be studied within the basis of their structire.

Boxing would be something akin to a ghazal  the best ones deviate from the frame work just enough to elevate them above and so on and as with writing a small amount of extra natural talent combined with hard work produces excellence.

Then think of a basic pub fight an emotional angst written outburst

lovin' all these anaolgies

never liked boxing... especially when they have those slo-mo close-ups of sweat/saliva knocked loose and flying through the air. kind of feel that way about ghazals come to think on it

poetry... martial arts for the mind

wait wait... if we get good, i mean really realllllllllllllllly good, does that mean we just sit there and not write because the moment is reduced to the perfect poem and our opponent becomes ourself (or some such shit)? ;P

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

butters said:p.s miss_sub: how are you at sandwiches?

i will support anyone
who can make sandwiches!!

as a creative art form  

BTW, in my family, all siblings are talented artistically but only my Sister was baking-wise!
I've told her many times
she could open up a custom cake shop when she decided she had enough energies for Nursing.

poet Anonymous

butters said:p.s miss_sub: how are you at sandwiches?

I’m quintessentially English so sandwiches aren’t artistry as much as convenience (well... in the working class anyway. Can’t speak for the Conservative party...) and as you know, English people will just about put anything in a butty... Sausages, fish-fingers, crisps, a pie... if it’s available, it’s going in the fkn bread.

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 3209

I definitely consider myself a creative, I write, I draw, I paint, I embroider, I knit, I collage, I sew, I'm into electronics and coding (which I find creative), and I've made my own jewelry in the past. Sometimes some of those things cross over. I embroidered a hat which I can make light up in different patterns, though it still needs some work.

I don't consider myself a master of any of these things, they're just things I enjoy and am constantly learning with. I'm not sure I'll ever completely master any of them.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2254

Some people write
to try
to stay
a little sane
trying desperately
by the skin of their teeth
to hold the balance
between sadness
and screams
to tone down
what empathy brings

The Pain

of those silent screams
within the eyes
of those
who are trying to be
Human

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Tallen said:

i will support anyone
who can make sandwiches!!

as a creative art form  

BTW, in my family, all siblings are talented artistically but only my Sister was baking-wise!
I've told her many times
she could open up a custom cake shop when she decided she had enough energies for Nursing.
:D my mum could cook a lot of basic food well enough so we didn't starve, and i'm sure she had to be pretty creative to make it stretch the way she did... but for the life of her she wasn't great with pastry :D

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Miss_Sub said:

I’m quintessentially English so sandwiches aren’t artistry as much as convenience (well... in the working class anyway. Can’t speak for the Conservative party...) and as you know, English people will just about put anything in a butty... Sausages, fish-fingers, crisps, a pie... if it’s available, it’s going in the fkn bread.
my former username online was chipbutty; you canNOT beat a good chip butty (that's thick fries, to you 'muricans, not the skinny french fries)

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Indie said:I definitely consider myself a creative, I write, I draw, I paint, I embroider, I knit, I collage, I sew, I'm into electronics and coding (which I find creative), and I've made my own jewelry in the past. Sometimes some of those things cross over. I embroidered a hat which I can make light up in different patterns, though it still needs some work.

I don't consider myself a master of any of these things, they're just things I enjoy and am constantly learning with. I'm not sure I'll ever completely master any of them.
some of us just grow up making things... is it a result of necessity or children's tv like watch with mother (long years back!) and blue peter? :D

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

[ When Harry Met Butters ] [ Forms ] Rabbits Gone Wild

Rascally rabbits gone wild game  
 After midnight, they're at it still  
 Passions hotter than campfire flame  

Skip P. Booty was her name  
 Likewise his was Hare E. Hill  

A jackalope only she could tame  
 when hopped up on the blue pill  

Neighbors heard whenever they came  
 Shouts spilling in each window sill  

His honey bunny was quite the dame  
 Hare could never quite get his fill  

Her gentlemen's night club cotton tail fame  
 Combined with his rabbit hole entry skill:  

Written by MaryWalker
Go To Page  
butters said:my former username online was chipbutty; you canNOT beat a good chip butty (that's thick fries, to you 'muricans, not the skinny french fries)

Oi! Here we call them 'steak fries'! But you better believe we have them, Britt ( or is that chipbooty?! )!  

?fbclid=IwAR0l9vxpGWKVV74Z0AdHzvuwGDWo8vPBv0sHvuDJeQWjYBlGmwxqUiug2r8[/url]

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

drone said:Some people write
to try
to stay
a little sane
trying desperately
by the skin of their teeth
to hold the balance
between sadness
and screams
to tone down
what empathy brings

The Pain

of those silent screams
within the eyes
of those
who are trying to be
Human

yes. without writing, we'd all go a little crazy. some maybe all the way to the left-field

so, regarding the original premise, would you consider yourself 'writer' or more a 'creative' or think all labels are a ridiculous construct?

Go to page:
Go to: