Your Methods: How, Where, When

poet
Tallen
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 431

yelluw_always said:

Showering is another place of fleeting thoughts, like when stuck driving a car. What a great solution. What kind of pens???

I use Crayola Bathtub Markers.  I also have Aquanotes Pad and Pen when I want to soak in Green Tea in the tub.

In the car while driving I have my handheld digital recorder.

poet
yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 99

Here is a link I found while wading through the internets on poetry workshops (this group does a lot of other awesome videos: How Writers Write Poetry, International Writing Program) but this one in particular is about notebooking. I'm sure many of you have similar approaches. I do a lot of those but could become more disciplined.

https://vimeo.com/122562931

poet
yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 99

Tallen said:

I use Crayola Bathtub Markers.  I also have Aquanotes Pad and Pen when I want to soak in Green Tea in the tub.

In the car while driving I have my handheld digital recorder.

I love it, thank you for the water-safe ideas!
I tried video-recording myself while driving as I have to sign not talk and I don't like watching myself, doesn't quite flow for me.

poet
WhispersWeKeep
Twisted Dreamer
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 13th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 1

Everywhere, anywhere, and everything.

Does that count?

poet
FeNyX
Fire of Insight
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Feb 2019
Forum Posts: 3

Of late and often I wake with fresh dreams some personal nightmares and after coffee making I sit and type them out. Most just write themselves in one moment. Others get 1st drafted usually longer writes if none or when done I log in here and twitter and Facebook I have some poet friends on all and read and comment. Sometimes I write or eat breakfast and may have ideas any time. I tend to absorb about everything and for a while now the ideas just bubble or percolate as I have taken to thinking it as and when overflowing I write. Some get posted here, others on Twitter and FB and some only in my Closed Group on FB.
I rarely plan and even my novel I STILL need to complete is just writing it out like after above morning stuff ... Bless and love ... ..

Go to page:
Go to: