Go to page:

CHILDREN STORYBOOK IDEAS

Cyndi_Moone
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 180

Currently, I’ve been motivated to “have a go” at creating children storybooks, targetting children ranging from ages 4-8, since I have had a number of people bringing such idea to my attention.

Please offer me, if you will, any TOPIC ideas you feel a child of ages 4-8 SHOULD be taught from such an early age. From morals to basic principles, and from values to life lessons, I am open to any suggested TOPIC ideas you may have.

Thank you all, in advance!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1368

i'd love a book about a kid who really liked their electronics, but through some event (power outage/being grounded/etc) found that using their imagination was just as, or more, rewarding than playing on their device.

Cyndi_Moone
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Dec 2016

DaisyGrace said:i'd love a book about a kid who really liked their electronics, but through some event (power outage/being grounded/etc) found that using their imagination was just as, or more, rewarding than playing on their device.

Ooooh!  What an OUTSTANDING idea!!!  Yes, this is DEFINITELY the ideas I am searching for....If I'm going to write Children's Books, I want them to be MEANINGFULLY EDUCATIONAL, not necessarily ACADEMICALLY (that's what they have teachers/schools for), but of the "LIFE AND LIVING" nature of EDUCATIONAL!  

There are plenty of books on "Please and Thank You," (though ONE more won't EVER hurt). But, your idea, and ideas as such, would be MOST OUTSTANDING this day in age!

If/When I write that book, I'll be sure to post as a FICTIONAL PROSE....and let you know it's HERE!!!!

Thank you SO much, Daisy Grace!  How EXCITING as the wheels in my head are already turning...:)

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Always remember as you are writing , keep in mind with children

the right illustrator teamed with the writer is just as important ;

Sadly , this magical man has passed , but here are some of his

children's books illustrations ;

He was also famous for his mermaid and fairy art , and separately his erotica !

Start planning early !

https://www.google.com/search?q=David+Delamare+childrens+book+illustrations&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjc5aqGuojcAhWHi1QKHerPA4sQsAQIMA&biw=1366&bih=646

Cyndi_Moone
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Dec 2016

Blackwolf said:Always remember as you are writing , keep in mind with children

the right illustrator teamed with the writer is just as important ;

Sadly , this magical man has passed , but here are some of his

children's books illustrations ;

He was also famous for his mermaid and fairy art , and separately his erotica !

Start planning early !

https://www.google.com/search?q=David+Delamare+childrens+book+illustrations&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjc5aqGuojcAhWHi1QKHerPA4sQsAQIMA&biw=1366&bih=646

Thanks, Blackwolf!  

Indeed, this DID cross my mind, as I can't draw ANYTHING, even if my LIFE depended on it. I still draw people with "stick-figures" and even that comes out lopsided...(funny, perhaps, but very true).

However, I did figure I'd do MY part as the writer while I search for a good artist, whose illustration-sketches should come easier or quicker upon receipt of the manuscript, if he/she has a 'keen-eye' in art.

Planning ahead....Excellent idea, Blackwolf! I'd hate to have manuscript-clutter and NO artist to help make a FINISHED book possible!  Thank you!

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015
Forum Posts: 532

Honestly i feel u should write a book that Is titled I am the skin I am. These days racism is running rampant, bullying, and social media is building a perception that you have to look a certain way to appease people. Basically write a book encouraging every skin color black, white, asian, mexican and etc to be proud of who they are and what they were born with. Encouraging them to never feel likr they have to change themselves or feel insecure but instead feel a sense of happinesss and security that who they are is acceptable to them.

Pictures if you can draw or know someome who can animate for you can be of all those different races together as one playing together, lifting each other up, and just being comfortable around each other.

To keep their attention with the book makes sure that its not too long yet not too short. Make it just right for their attention to be kept. Make sure it's a lot of colors and the characters have personalities that keep them interesting because no one can relate to a boring character. Last but certainly not least make sure it is a message there within the story that can they can take away from and use in their life.

If you can have audio books that each child can have a copy of too keep them engaged. Let the narrator have a voice that has personality and wow factor too.

Cyndi_Moone
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Dec 2016

LibraSoul96 said:Honestly i feel u should write a book that Is titled I am the skin I am. These days racism is running rampant, bullying, and social media is building a perception that you have to look a certain way to appease people. Basically write a book encouraging every skin color black, white, asian, mexican and etc to be proud of who they are and what they were born with. Encouraging them to never feel likr they have to change themselves or feel insecure but instead feel a sense of happinesss and security that who they are is acceptable to them.

Pictures if you can draw or know someome who can animate for you can be of all those different races together as one playing together, lifting each other up, and just being comfortable around each other.

To keep their attention with the book makes sure that its not too long yet not too short. Make it just right for their attention to be kept. Make sure it's a lot of colors and the characters have personalities that keep them interesting because no one can relate to a boring character. Last but certainly not least make sure it is a message there within the story that can they can take away from and use in their life.

If you can have audio books that each child can have a copy of too keep them engaged. Let the narrator have a voice that has personality and wow factor too.

LibraSoul...While doing my own "brainstorming" of possible books, days before opening this forum, the "racial issue" was definitely one of the first, if NOT the VERY first, that came to mind. It is, by far, a DEFINITE MUST, yet it also could result to be one "tricky" write because of its sensitive nature. However, I am DEFINITELY up for the challenge KNOWING already in advance to "tread softly" but make the message "clear enough" to get through a child's mind and memory-bank.

Your thoughts for, "I Am The Skin I Am" is wonderfully outlined and I can envision myself researching in MORE depth different cultures/nationalities to bring out THE BEST of the BEST of each one!

Audio-book is something that never crossed my mind. But, at your mention, it is definitely NOT a bad idea at all! On the contrary, it's wonderful!  Thank you for broadening my knowledge of alternate options available!

lennon137
samie
Strange Creature
Joined 29th June 2018
Forum Posts: 2

great man

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

No problem 😃😃😃😃. I 100% agree race is something that is very sensitive in this age and u do kind of have to be careful on how you touch it. This day and age people get offended quickly. People are quick to sue people for little to nothing so if you do use it TRADEMARK IT.
But i appreciate you giving my idea a thought it really means alot. And i believe you can pull it off😉😉😉😉

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Just be sure you use proper spelling and punctuation , Cyndi...

None of this new facebook and twitter talk , or using U for You !

We have talked about this in my thread in the Speakeasy forum ;

Those who cannot spell properly , or use proper punctuation ,

should not be writing books for , nor teaching the young !

They would be a detriment to our proper evolution as a species , in my opinion !

Cyndi_Moone
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Dec 2016

Blackwolf said:Just be sure you use proper spelling and punctuation , Cyndi...

None of this new facebook and twitter talk , or using U for You !

We have talked about this in my thread in the Speakeasy forum ;

Those who cannot spell properly , or use proper punctuation ,

should not be writing books for , nor teaching the young !

They would be a detriment to our proper evolution as a species , in my opinion !

COMPLETELY AGREE 150% with you, Blackwolf!

I was VERY upset when I learned that my little cousin, 8 years old at the time, wrote up a homework assignment using "text-talk" and wrote "ppl" for "people." When his mother reviewed his work, she told him to correct it. His answer? No, mommy! It's OK. Teacher said it is OK!"

Most definitely, Blackwolf, I will NOT be one "2 use txt talk in my bks!" I would LOVE to serve as a "role model" to everyone who reads my books, (whether my self-published poetry books or my future children's books), and learn REAL-TALK and REAL-GRAMMAR, even if "teacher says txt-talk is OK!" NOT in 'my book!'

Cyndi_Moone
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Dec 2016

LibraSoul96 said:No problem 😃😃😃😃. I 100% agree race is something that is very sensitive in this age and u do kind of have to be careful on how you touch it. This day and age people get offended quickly. People are quick to sue people for little to nothing so if you do use it TRADEMARK IT.
But i appreciate you giving my idea a thought it really means alot. And i believe you can pull it off😉😉😉😉

Wheels have been turning in my mind all day today...as I've entertained the two (2) ideas provided through this forum...and I think I have a pretty good idea how to "tread lightly and carefully" and work "around the edges" of the BIGGER picture....:)

Thank you, LibraSoul....and I will be sure to post my finished product as a Fictional Prose, letting you, also, know it is available for preview.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Excuse me Cyndi , for my language...

but if I heard some teacher say that , I would bitch slap that

teacher in front of their students , then apologize for my

terrible behavior , tell them it was *not* okay , explain why

I did it , tell them their teacher was wrong and should be fired ,

then turn myself into the police in front of them , before defending

myself in court as a freedom fighter against educational devolution...;)

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

😉😉😉 you are very welcome and I would love to see it

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

How about a story about a kid who is struggling to learn in school and is not the greatest in academics, a bit of an outcast , but he/she discovers by chance, a portal to time travel , starts using it to go back and observe & even talk with people like Einstein, other famous people, ordinary people , etc., to get a better understanding of historical events that help him get his grades up in history, science, --all his classes.

Then when the turnaround is noticed, he starts getting bullied & accused of cheating somehow, by the mean kids, and he's forced into a dilemma:  take the heat or reveal his source of information which could probably change the world if others started using the time portal.  Maybe he comes up with a win win solution with some help from his historical friends in the time loop? Maybe he gets a trip to the principal's office, or expelled for cheating? Maybe some lessons are learned and he figures out how to study & learn on his own?

Many possibilities for adventure & such!

Go to page:
Go to: