Are you happy?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

JohnnyBlaze said:

Hi, Annie!

You and I go back a few years; we were accustomed to more or less a group atmosphere blurting out suggestions to a poem within 24 hours - often times several poems at once. We rarely gave out intensely thorough critiques; that just wasn't how we operated. How could we? Some of our challenges were met with 20, 30 or 40 poems in a short span of time.

Here at HCC in DUP, the çritique atmosphere is a different story.

Each poem receives a "thorough" critique by one of the HCC Directors or Stewards, who will take into consideration any prior critiques so as not to repeat observations and suggestions. Any member of the HCC group is welcome to volunteer a poem or critique.

Like Ahavati pointed out, you did receive a response to one of your critiques, which was to a poem that was already critiqued and revised weeks ago.

Unfortunately, not everyone who submits a poem to HCC has been gracious enough to acknowledge the feedback they received.  Ahavati and I have critiqued plenty ourselves without any response. That's often how it is here at DUP. Poets want their poetry assessed, yet put forth little if any effort in revising their work according to well thought out suggestions.

And we deal with a lot of trolls simply wasting our time.

However, we critique because we enjoy it, better ourselves as writers because of it and want to help those who genuinely want to improve their writing skills. And we do it without expectation of anything in return.

That's vital to understanding how our group operates. Your critiques may possibly go ignored.  Ahavati, I and Mel have hundreds of hours of time invested into critiques - but only a fraction of those hours have been responded to with graciousness and even fewer hours have been responded to with actual revisions.

We are happy that you volunteered your time to help others. If only more members of DUP would. But volunteering your own time by critiquing here at DUP needs to be somehow be rewarding in  itself or you will never be truly satisfied with DUP.

We hope to have more participation from you.

^5 💜😊

AndreasWicked
Le serpent
Twisted Dreamer
Russia
Joined 23rd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 52

If  the concept of happiness is taken into account as a social norm then  a man is forced to meet the defined criteria of being happy and often realizes that he feels sad .So this way he overlooks many moments of self contentment.

gazellemon
Bradley J
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 372

Want to get rich quick?

realize what you already have!

Ely
E.A.Rothwell
Dangerous Mind
Mexico 6awards
Joined 20th May 2018
Forum Posts: 297

gazellemon said:Want to get rich quick?

realize what you already have!

Well and truly said, g-mon... Thanks

gazellemon
Bradley J
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Mar 2014

Ely said:

Well and truly said, g-mon... Thanks

<3

Poemlover
Lost Thinker
United Arab Emirates
Joined 5th July 2018
Forum Posts: 4

I'm ALIVE  so I'm happy

gazellemon
Bradley J
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Mar 2014

^ word

If you can't be happy/content in the present, what reasonable expectation do you have in being happy in the future? Happiness isn't something out there, it is an inside job.

Ely
E.A.Rothwell
Dangerous Mind
Mexico 6awards
Joined 20th May 2018
Forum Posts: 297

Happiness is
a balancing act
between Hope and Despair... an excercise in equilibrium...
I am told it builds character

jmerrick73
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 23rd Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 20

Happiness comes in small doses.
It can be a 5 second orgasm.
A homemade dessert.
A nice sized paycheck.
A purchase of a new album or movie.
I say these things for they are my temporary doses of happiness.
I know not what makes others happy.
Maybe they can relate to the things I've listed as to what makes me happy.
In the end, my inevitable death is where my true happiness awaits. My Eternal happiness!!!

poet Anonymous

Tell me about it. Money and the love of it makes it god and we the slaves, yet it doesn't exist does it? It is a trade item, those bills for something we need or want or to pay debts. Debt slavery is our god. Yep.

poet Anonymous

As for my own happiness, I try to be upbeat but then the next day brings a storm and I'm done in. Reality bites. Mine always does always has. Details belong in my laundry basket not on here.

Go to page:
Go to: