Are you happy?

poet Anonymous

Pure happiness is blissful ignorance that mirrors our corrupt society

Dr_MANCHILD
Thought Provoker
1awards
Joined 22nd Nov 2017
Forum Posts: 169

Besides money, brain chemistry, and ignorance, what makes one happy?

0bs3ss3dp0ss3ss3d
William Colten Sorrells
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 133

Seasoning my steak with the tears of my ex-lovers

Dr_MANCHILD
Thought Provoker
1awards
Joined 22nd Nov 2017

That's specific and a bit...niche. Have anything else?

0bs3ss3dp0ss3ss3d
William Colten Sorrells
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 133

Blowing shit up?
Eating vegetables and worshipping Satan?
lol

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

I don't know, occasionally I'm happy, mostly I'm confused..my life is very complicated right now.

Dr_MANCHILD
Thought Provoker
1awards
Joined 22nd Nov 2017

2 out of three I can see. Why vegetables!?

Dr_MANCHILD
Thought Provoker
1awards
Joined 22nd Nov 2017

Psyodine, would you call content happy or would you say happy is a state of pleasurable exuberance?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Usedbylove
Strange Creature
Joined 10th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 11

I have experienced happiness and that's all I can say, it's just not a state many believe in let alone try to maintain.

fxsts_iron
Strange Creature
Joined 4th May 2018
Forum Posts: 2

Usedbylove said:I have experienced happiness and that's all I can say, it's just not a state many believe in let alone try to maintain.

Usedbylove said it well.  

Happy is an emotion.  Happiness is a state of being and like all states of being it is temporary.  It is appropriate and inappropriate at times.  Your feelings are your emotional interpretation of your personal reality.  

We get hosed up when we think our reality is the only reality.

Angelast1
Dangerous Mind
Mexico 6awards
Joined 30th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 40

Sometimes I wonder if happiness is a memory we drag with us from infancy...when it felt warm and soft to suck mommy's nipple and we had no idea of the world yet. Then, for the rest of our lifes we keep chasing after that moment...that memory. We find things to recreate the warm and fuzzy feelings....like sex, drugs, food....I'm not saying those things are bad, they have a place in life, but to be hooked on them can create some problems. I don't like to be a slave to anything.
I try to be content with whatever I feel. Sometimes it's more difficult than others. Fear is the most difficult one for me to be with. I think chasing happyness creates unnecessary suffering. In the US you get judged if you say you are not happy. Folks look at you like you are at fault, like something is wrong with you. No wonder half the nation is on prozac. I'm not saying one should endulge in misery and self loathing...it's more about accepting whatever is there in the moment. Feelings are like wind...they come and go....joy, anger, sadness, being horny, frustrated, afraid....Happiness is just one of many.

MARVELLOUSJae
Twisted Dreamer
South Africa
Joined 3rd Nov 2017
Forum Posts: 2

Happyness is choosing to be happy with what surouds,finding somethng to apreciate and find joy in.even suffering has beauty,it opens the doors to growth.gues what im trying to say is:happyness is a perspective,its how u chøose to see.thats what i think it is.

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 813

I have food, water
Music, love, and poetry
I dare not complain

Go to page:
Go to: