Go to page:

Little Miss Catfish

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

" Perhaps an easier alternative would be or rather start a in depth discussion on identity and presentation to gauge the average, and outlying, stances on the topic. To engage as a community where the shortcomings and vulnerabilities are to reinforce them to keep the vile misleaders out, rather than give them a stage or allow a stage for corruption and vendettas to hold sway. "

Seems fair, and in fairness to the host, I think it may have been her intention

I think if such a debate were to happen it would have to include a certain percentage of members to be 'representative' of the community

there does not appear to be an appetite within much of the community to voice an oppinion, so I struggle to see how such a debate could  happen

one Idea might be a debate chaired by Webstress ?

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

JohnnyBlaze said:

The grown up thing to do is tell everyone who the liar is so the liar can be avoided by everyone including those who have yet to be lied to.

And then with any luck, the liar will leave.

Rah Rah sis boom bah and Hooray for common cents.

This is what I believe as well.

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

lepperochan said:" Perhaps an easier alternative would be or rather start a in depth discussion on identity and presentation to gauge the average, and outlying, stances on the topic. To engage as a community where the shortcomings and vulnerabilities are to reinforce them to keep the vile misleaders out, rather than give them a stage or allow a stage for corruption and vendettas to hold sway. "

Seems fair, and in fairness to the host, I think it may have been her intention

I think if such a debate were to happen it would have to include a certain percentage of members to be 'representative' of the community

there does not appear to be an appetite within much of the community to voice an oppinion, so I struggle to see how such a debate could  happen

one Idea might be a debate chaired by Webstress ?

See there, that's the trouble with trying to gauge intent, what appears to be can't be proven to be so.

While I do so enjoy a good debate, the intent of this thread was to bring light that there be Catfish in these here waters, but lacking definitive evidence I was attempting to gauge the will of group for the public denouncing/naming of such.

See I get that even that could be used as a tool by major asshats to fuck with innocent people, like a false claim of sexual assault is occasionally used to fuck with a guy for whatever twisted reason.  But in the grander scheme of thing, I am wondering if the community is of the same bent as society, where they'd rather let a larger number of people be hurt by being silent, than to speak up knowing that doing so opens the door for a smaller number of people to be hurt in a different but still, to my mind, lesser way.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Trixareforkids said:

This is what I believe as well.

I've already suggested a Public Service Announcement thread 6 months ago that would name offenders and their behaviours to discourage them from repeating said behaviours upon re-entry after banishment temporary or otherwise.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/boil/read/9424/

The Boiler Room : https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/boil/  

Craic pre-emptively moved it out of public view into the Boiler Room because he was afraid the thread would become "heated".

And then it was trolled by the very repeat offenders who inspired it.

Member XYZ was banned for this behavior.

Be wary of new members perpetuating SIMILAR behavior.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Ok
since you don't have the balls to do what you believe, I'll do it for you

This whole thread and pretend  debate is because the host thinks profile Dragonfly doesn't look like her in real life...

Newsflash: I am not the moon

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

lepperochan said:Ok
since you don't have the balls to do what you believe, I'll do it for you

This whole thread and pretend  debate is because the host thinks profile Dragonfly doesn't look like her in real life...

Newsflash: I am not the moon

Well ya got the name right but it ain't about a false pic.  A poem that they posted here was found on another website with a male name as the author.  Both pieces had been deleted, as well as the PMs where they were confronted before the person who confronted them thought about the implications.   So there is no proof, just one person's word, and that second hand from me.

So are they a plagiarist or a Catfish?  Are they here for "artistic" purposes or nefarious purposes?  Is the person who came to me seeking advice full of shit or are they?  (I of course do not believe the person who came to me for advice is full of shit, and no I won't name them).  These are questions each person who reads this thread will have to decide for themselves.  

It's a moral dilemma with far reaching consequences, which is why I refrained from naming them and why I am withholding the name of the person who came to me seeking advice.

Craic, your "having the balls" to name them, imo, shows not your moral compass but your irritation with and disdain for those who do see this as a moral dilemma and have attempted to put the interest of the community as a whole above their own.

My instinct, based on my moral compass, is to put the info out there and let each person decide for themselves and to deal with the consequences that are sure to arise, including the possible consequence of being banned.  I did not do so because this isn't about me, I wasn't the one to discover the deception, and I because I couldn't determine if my instinct was what was best for the community.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Cheers lady

see, you left out some really critical bits of information at the start of this.

so now we're getting somewhere. Plago-Ism, as you know doesn't need a change of position to deal with or a debate

Plago-ism is a no no

"Craic, your "having the balls" to name them, imo, shows not your moral compass but your irritation with and disdain for those who do see this as a moral dilemma and have attempted to put the interest of the community as a whole above their own."

No, my having the balls is indemic to my personality. My balls reach far into real life, I'm not an armchair baller

way I see it is you with-held vital information which was pertinent to the question you asked

so like I said at the start, your question was rigged.

can we at least see the links invoked where this person's poem is both a male and female

or is that a secret too

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

lepperochan said:Cheers lady

see, you left out some really critical bits of information at the start of this.

so now we're getting somewhere. Plago-Ism, as you know doesn't need a change of position to deal with or a debate

Plago-ism is a no no

"Craic, your "having the balls" to name them, imo, shows not your moral compass but your irritation with and disdain for those who do see this as a moral dilemma and have attempted to put the interest of the community as a whole above their own."

No, my having the balls is indemic to my personality. My balls reach far into real life, I'm not an armchair baller

way I see it is you with-held vital information which was pertinent to the question you asked

so like I said at the start, your question was rigged.

can we at least see the links invoked where this person's poem is both a male and female

or is that a secret too

Ya missed the part of my response where I said the proof was deleted, which is in large part why I was being circumspect.  

Accusations without proof generally being considered a no no, it becomes a moral dilemma, thus the thread.  I believe what they said in reply to the accusation that they were a plagiarist, that it was their own work but having seen the comments on other poems and an unprompted flirty PM I do not believe that they are here for "artistic" purposes.  Thus, the Catfish vs Artistic expression thread.

Again, all proof, the PMs and both online copies of the poem that started this whole thing having been deleted, makes it a she said/she said.

I did not withhold info in this thread, you asked me in a PM if the thread was prompted by a specific person and I told you yes.  I notice you didn't put the rest of what you said in PM on here about what you believed, so where are those balls of yours about your own convictions?  

Why did you feel the need to "out" my suspicions, and question my motives and morals but not your own?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

"Ya missed the part of my response where I said the proof was deleted, which is in large part why I was being circumspect."

I did.

"Accusations without proof generally being considered a no no, it becomes a moral dilemma, thus the thread."

Moral dilemma didn't stop you starting a thread about a person knowing there was no existing proof. I have done this before. I'm a bit wiser since  

"  I believe what Ldf said in reply to the accusation that they were a plagiarist, that it was their own work but having seen the comments on other poems and an unprompted flirty PM I do not believe that they are here for "artistic" purposes.  Thus, the Catfish vs Artistic expression thread"

Like I say, the thread was rigged. disguised or whatever. I had credited you on the last page for trying to start an in depth debate and you said it wasn't your intent at all

you're still trying to introduce ghosts " I've seen this and that" also something I've done before. it doesn't work

what you're saying is you've a load of proof but you can't show us. because secret. that doesn't really give your thread much of a backbone.

"Why did you feel the need to "out" my suspicions, and question my motives and morals but not your own?"

Blaze said naming the person would be the grown up thing to do.

you agreed...... So I'm the grown up

"I did not withhold info in this thread" ,

fair enough, I missed all the stuff about poems and pm's., I retract my withold statement with humbleness

My suspicions are just that, suspicions, so I didn't start a tread about it. I have no problem throwing my suspicions on your thread though seen as I was prompted to

consider this, ladies and gentlemen. A profile by his own mission statement  poses as really nice looking women. also says he likes the flirting, it's exiting..

consider, on Lil dragon's profile page are some sentences which read (Para-phrase) " I'm more used to writing short stories so go easy on me"

then consider this other  profile posted near the exact same words on the ask a question thread around the same time Lil dragon popped up

and consider the profile in question came back from a long hiatus around the time this dragon popped up

profile in question:

Gemini

.. What say you Gemini?

was dragon one of your creations?

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

My intent and need for the larger discussion are not mutually exclusive.

In naming my intent, and NOT the suspected Catfish, I was ironically pointing out what you yourself said, that we cannot know the intent of another and that their actions, whatever their intent is all that we have to judge by.

My action, was to point out that there are Catfish, to engage in discussion about moral issues and gauge where we stand as a community.

There were not enough participants to form any conclusions.

Your actions show what they've shown in the past, that you don't think or investigate before you speak, and, imo, that you DGAF about this community beyond you're own amusement.  Oh I'm sure there are individuals you care about, but all those nameless faceless people who you haven't had personal interaction with, well fuck them, not your problem.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

That's your opinion, Lady. thank you for it

willing as I am to better myself, would it be possible for you to show me where I

"Your actions show what they've shown in the past, that you don't think or investigate before you speak, and, imo, that you DGAF about this community beyond you're own amusement."

Thanks in advance

I thought I contributed with thoughtfulness

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

lepperochan said:That's your opinion, Lady. thank you for it

willing as I am to better myself, would it be possible for you to show me where I

"Your actions show what they've shown in the past, that you don't think or investigate before you speak, and, imo, that you DGAF about this community beyond you're own amusement."

Thanks in advance

I thought I contributed with thoughtfulness

So you're saying here that you considered the act of naming them, and saying you got that name from me without getting any other details, or and without saying that my naming of them was a simple confirmation of your own suspicions was in the best interest of the community?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

"So you're saying here that you considered the act of naming Ldf,"

yes, at least now the profile can have his or her say. the thread is after all about her

more than that though, I got the impression from your earlier words that you were looking for opinions on where to draw the line with lying

and when to start punishing. clearly you were of the opinion that lying about a profile was enough otherwise this tread wouldn't exist and you wouldn't have distanced it from "creative at the start"  

this has wide ranging implications for the nameless faceless members who call this home

who's going to judge them, you? the community?

I never mentioned a pm, you did.

you sound like a clone of the others screaming for more rules, more sanctions

what kind of hurt are you talking about? describe it

I'd imagine it's more feeling really stupid.

And we as a community are supposed to what when someone is made a fool of?

Gemini
Geminitalian
Fire of Insight
United States 9awards
Joined 28th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 1378

lepperochan said:"

Gemini

.. What say you Gemini?

was dragon one of your creations?

I don't know, Lep. Let me try to wake Holly from her three year hibernation and I'll ask her.

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2640

Gemini said:

I don't know, Lep. Let me try to wake Holly from her three year hibernation and I'll ask her.

giggles at you Gemini damn it you're creative

Go to page:
Go to: