Go to page:

Little Miss Catfish

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

What is the difference between artisticly expressing yourself as another person and being a catfishing asshat?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14566

The actual expression. 💜

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Reads like a rigged question, Lady. but I'll play cos I'm curious

the word " artistically " could be the difference, though even that is debatable sometimes.

I guess another word would be intent. So imma go with intent

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

lepperochan said:Reads like a rigged question, Lady. but I'll play cos I'm curious

the word " artistically " could be the difference, though even that is debatable sometimes.

I guess another word would be intent. So imma go with intent

So if a person were to come here representing themselves as a man and posting poetry from a male perspective that's fine, but does artistic expression include sending flirtatious PMs to people without letting those people know the persona they are flirting with is not truly representative?

And it's not a rigged question, I'm dowsing for the ethical well of the community.

What is considered crossing the line here?  We have new rules on being up front about holding multiple accounts, I'm curious as to how that differs from a single account that is non-representative of the actual account holder.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Trixareforkids said:

So if a person were to come here representing themselves as a man and posting poetry from a male perspective that's fine, but does artistic expression include sending flirtatious PMs to people without letting those people know the persona they are flirting with is not truly representative?

Hell to the no; that's underhanded and despicable.

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

Ahavati said:

Hell to the no; that's underhanded and despicable.

I agree, and for me that's a clear line.

I edited my previous comment, I'm curious as to opinions on the addition.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I dunno. It doesn't seem very black and white. Is the person soliciting goods,  or likes,  reading list entities, competition trophies ?

what is the extent of the deception ?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Trixareforkids said: but does artistic expression include sending flirtatious PMs to people without letting those people know the persona they are flirting with is not truly representative?

Seems pretty black and white to me.

Trixareforkids said:

I agree, and for me that's a clear line.

I edited my previous comment, I'm curious as to opinions on the addition.

Are you referring to the "Muggle" account ( formerly known by the Mod Squad and others as a "Bully Account" ), where multiple people had the login info and could sign into it ( admitted by the account holder as " fun" )?

Or are you referring to someone creating another account for the purposes of seduction?

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

lepperochan said:I dunno. It doesn't seem very black and white. Is the person soliciting goods,  or likes,  reading list entities, competition trophies ?

what is the extent of the deception ?

What I read in this response is that, for you, it depends on what they are trying to get from their deception that would be the determining factor in where the line is, is that correct?

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

Ahavati said:

Are you referring to the "Muggle" account ( formerly known by the Mod Squad and others as a "Bully Account" ), where multiple people had the login info and could sign into it ( admitted by the account holder as " fun" )?

No.  I'm honestly curious as to where people in general, and this community specifically, feel are transgressions that are unfortunate but not bad enough to expose and condemn and which are.  

It's been determined that multiple accounts are ok only as long as they are publicly announced.  Where does a single non-representative account differ, from a single person holding multiple account?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Lady, all of the Mods subscribe to Muggle. and one was the editor in chief.

I'm not engaging anymore with you. you clearly have mental health issues and I don't need to be a part of that chaos

Look, it's not simple. If was the person would have been named by now. yes, it's undesirable and more people should learn to use Google image search

what if the person says they were being artistic. What if they say they get into character more than most, or some other artsy-fartsy shite

What if they've been told all their life they're ugly and so think the only way to get him or her is to pretend to be beautiful or what they precieve to be more beautif than they

That's why i asked about intent. soliciting of goods n such.  

Btw

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/Muggle/

That's Muggle.  "original" thoughtful and funny.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Trixareforkids said:

No.  I'm honestly curious as to where people in general, and this community specifically, feel are transgressions that are unfortunate but not bad enough to expose and condemn and which are.

Okay good. Because as far as I know, or what's been determined, there can't be multiple users in one account any longer. I would've hated to've seen that resurrect.

It's been determined that multiple accounts are ok only as long as they are publicly announced.  Where does a single non-representative account differ, from a single person holding multiple account?

It's a violation of guidelines, if I'm reading you correctly. Especially if such person is using various accounts for purposes of seduction so that their main account can remain untarnished.

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

lepperochan said:
Look, it's not simple. If was the person would have been named by now. yes, it's undesirable and more people should learn to use Google image search

what if the person says they were being artistic. What if they say they get into character more than most, or some other artsy-fartsy shite

What if they've been told all their life they're ugly and so think the only way to get him or her is to pretend to be beautiful or what they precieve to be more beautif than they

That's why i asked about intent. soliciting of goods n such.  

I see where you're coming from, and I agree that intent does weigh into the equation, however intent is not something that can ever be determined from outside parties, so I am referring to where the line is drawn based on behavior.  

So maybe I should be asking under what circumstances is it, in each person's and the PTB opinions, is it acceptable to represent yourself as "other"?

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

Ahavati said:

It's a violation of guidelines, if I'm reading you correctly. Especially if such person is using various accounts for purposes of seduction so that their main account can remain untarnished.

No, I'm speaking of someone who holds only one account but that account is not representative of who the actually are. Such as a man representing himself as a woman (straight or gay) or the reverse.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

That's the thing,  I can only speak for myself, and it'll be honest.

I can see you're annoyed at someone's behaviour. and from what you've written I can see why. and perhaps you can see why, for me,  it's a bit blurry or grey

I'll take you back a year or two ago to when I made some errors in terms of judgment call. girls name was Red, she was a Portuguese model. 'cept she wasn't. she was a pretty good poet though and a prolific commenter

similarities here seem plenty and I'm not one to make the same mistake twice. that in mind, I would urge caution.

Go to page:
Go to: