and poetry to DU, and being one
of it`s ongoing Supporters.

My decision to leave DU was decided
in the last 24 hrs, and anyone who cares
to know can contact Lady Ahavati.

And Lady, though my concern may have been
petty, but I think the Web Miss could have handled
this more professionally, and not use her Guardians
to do the work for her since this is her site.

And I stand firm when I said That she (web miss) can
keep her fucking site and shove it up her ass!

Most likely I will be banned for this, but I really
don`t fucking care because instead of making
it better for their devoted members who help
make their sites possible, or resolving issues
like grown-ups, they`d rather ban you.

So I am expecting it.

I was going to Deactivate my account
and disappear but in all honesty,
I`d rather leave with my dignity
and my pride knowing that in some way
I am right to feel the way that I feel
and that I have that right to express
my opinion even if it is harsh.

And for those who will disagree, I will
not argue as you are all entitled to your
own opinions and I respect you.

Anyway ... Love to All of You.
You will be missed.

~DevlinDLC

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

Edited: I am not at liberty to discuss this beyond what Devlin has shared. I'm sure the Webmiss will be in shortly.

And Lady, though my concern may have been
petty,

First, I'm sorry to hear of this. You are an integral part of the Deep Side and I will miss your presence tremendously. Secondly, for clarity, I never said nor inferred your concern was petty. It was addressed with Webmiss immediately, and have notified her of this thread.

Again, I am sorry to hear this. It's my hope a resolution can reached that will enable this misunderstanding to be cleared, and, more importantly, you to stay.

poet Anonymous

Devlin, you will be missed.

Looks like people are speaking with their feet now. Maybe a few ears will listen to the footsteps walking out the door.

JohnFeddeler
Tyrant of Words
United States 83awards
Joined 18th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 325

Don't ever forget you're still my Doll...

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2635

I love you Devlin I don't want to see you go lady

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

fights mean family.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Hi Devlin, I'm sorry you're upset but I must say I'm a bit confused about this, is this in regards to the user rank?

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/question/7/

As relayed, member ranks are automatically generated based on current activity; that's comments, poems and forum posts. Typically, activity goes up and therefore ranks will change "upwards". In the event that someone deletes poems or comments, then indeed a rank can change the other way.

I certainly don't choose or manually adjust anyone's rank, so please don't take it personally if your rank has changed.

User ranks don't affect access to any features on the site, nor reflect the quality of a member's contribution to the site.

I'm not sure if I've addressed the matter, or if this is about something else completely, please get in touch with me directly if you have any other queries.

Moderators deal with things day to day because, the little free time I have available to work on DU, I try to spend writing code i.e. bug fixes and developing new features. Although this isn't often actually possible, as there's normally a hundred other things I need to do on here! I'm currently working hard to get DU Groups launched, which is no small task

P.S. Don't leave

flowergirl
Tyrant of Words
44awards
Joined 14th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 231

My Dear Sweet Dev

tell me please.....no
that this isn't so
your voice shall
be in dark silence

how are the meak
suppose to be strong
without your graceful
touch of inspiring luv

poetry that that was
more than just talent
but from a unique soul
who wrote deep within

you inspired me so much
gave me laughter with ease
when tears is are all I felt
luv anyway you taught me

kept me here with your words
gracing my humble ink
DU will not be the same
nor shall some of us

I know you well enough
to know this decision
came with great pain
and I'm sure careful thoughts

my heart feels your tears
as they flow thru my soul
my Sister and Friend
I'm right beside you

holding the door open for you
while I bow in respect and luv
and following you out
with tears in my eyes

Luv ya Sweet Lady Dev xo ;)

Chiyo
Miss Chi
Tyrant of Words
Germany 19awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 891

Please stay, Devlin.
There are so many who wouldn't want you to go.
XXO

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Chiyo said:Please stay, Devlin.
There are so many who wouldn't want you to go.
XXO

And I'm one of them, dearest.  I'd say more but I was gone for two days and now that I'm back and you're gone, I'm overwhelmed as to what I wish I could say that would make a difference.  

ever
~Jade(y) xo

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1616

Dearest Devil-lyn, I am so sorry to see you going. You are a part of me and it feels as if someone took a chunk from. But you I respect you decisions. If you truly are firm in leaving then I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

With love,
Hades

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

Dev,

It's time,  the council of friends have decided,  you come back and amend your decision.   You had every right to take whatever decision and action and we believe not without a reason.
The matter is past that reason now, it's a matter for the friends.
Welcome, you're staying.

Regards
KDAmB

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Dearest DevlinDLC---Please excuse my language but you should really consider staying in the foxhole--we are at fucking war & the site needs real people & real poets.  I penned this just for you.....

--The Phony War--
A Special Write For A True Poetess Who Goes By The Name of DevlinDNC~I don't really know her, but she's real.

I've been doing my research & the list of poets and poetesses who have left this site is beyond fucking comprehension. I mean if there was an algorithm to figure it out you'd have to be smarter than Einstein to know something is really fucking amiss.  Or is it the other way around??? You'd have to be dumber than a rock to know something is not right.  Those who stay are some bad mofos...that includes the ladies, too.  Yep Lep, ladies can be bad mofos, too. I'm not fucking sexist. I love sex. Whoops....I know, I know....TMI....
Anyhow Dev, I'm not far up the DU ranks but like I really give a shit about ridiculous fucking titles, I'm here to write poet primarily.  The rest of the time is to engage in good clean fucking fun. My nickname at the academy was 'Blast Off.'  I was always up for a smashing good time!!!
Focus Messier110, focus. Oh yeah, that's my alter ego--he's a smart arse, a douchbag at times, but I have to live with him. Sometimes he gives me good advice.  Anyhow, it's fucking true, sometimes I do hold up a looking glass & scribe silly serious poems at times to get the anger out of my crazy mind....but, it's all in good fun. No disrespect to anyone in particular (I means it's fucking hard to disrespect so many fake avatars).  A person can't possibly have that much disrespect in their loving hearts. I have a loving heart.  Honest, I do.  It beats for all the real people here.  I pray for the others.
However, it's a good thing I can't get too close to some of these folks.  I would make the news.  FYI,there's some people playing some people in here. Acting like your battle buddy, but behind your back their fucking you with a carrot stick. That shit is not right. It's hard to have good mojo in a community when you can't trust your battle buddies or you're being buggered with a veggie.  Ouch. 
But, I really laugh my arse off watching the chain reactions.  It's so fucking transparent & they don't even know that we really know that they're doing it.  Hilarious.  It's true, humans take ourselves way too serious at times.
I don't fucking judge. Some do. Some don't. I don't.
Like I said at the beginning. Stay in the foxhole Dev, stay with the true believers. We've got your six.  There's no phony's around here going to break your spirit. We are at war & I carry extra ammo.

So, I hope you do reconsider Dev.  Come on back home, come back to Papa Messier110 (wink), come back to the battle & blast a couple of grenades with us...I promise it will be fun!  But, if you still insist that you must leave the underground, Godspeed to ya luv...I will have you on my prayer list...forever.

Respectfully,
Messier110

MY PS goes to the WEB MISTRESS. If you really want to clean some shit up...hire me as a paid moderator. I don't mind being a hired gun. It's what I used to do & I loved it.  Kidding....just kidding Miss!  Lol!

poet Anonymous

rabbitquest said:fights mean family.

First things first, I thought for sure I had been banned.
So, I thank the poet [name withheld] for emailing me
that I hadn`t been.

Since we`re family and we do fight & squabble at times.
I think it only fair that I explain:

I had deleted some poems from DU to put in a book.
Then I noticed I went from a Tyrant to a Dangerous Mind.
Contacted Ahavati to ask why the sudden change in rank?
Said that Web Miss said this will happen when poems are deleted.
Then a link was added to the message re: User Ranks which included being active on DU.
Okay.
Wrote Ahavati back with my appreciation and that I would just have to work my way back up.
No biggie.
However, I did stress that I thought it strange that I`ve shown activity with some not showing any activity at all, yet nothing had changed on their accts.
Plus, I wasn`t buying that deleting poems would affect my acct so drastically.
Personally, I thought that maybe someone was tampering with my acct.
So I related my doubt to Ahavati who felt that a glitch may have occurred so in turn she related this to the Web Miss.
And it was the Miss’s response that sent me into a squat pissing mood because I had expected a more professional response but hers sounded more like a scolding, like I was bothering her.
So I figured that if she can`t take the time to address issues more professionally then she doesn`t deserve my time on her site.

Clearly, this wasn`t about ranks or titles;
just a general concern for my acct, nothing more.

And yes, we’re all busy.
The Web Miss is busy.
But it`s no excuse for informalities.
As adults we should be entitled to some level of respect and personal attention,
because let`s face it, we`ve worked for it, we`ve earned it especially here.

In all honesty I don`t want to leave.
I`m not a quitter.
I take this place seriously though I rarely express it.
I would like to think of DU as my ``playground`` but for grown-ups;
somewhere I can come and unwind and read great poetry;
laugh, flirt, vent – just have a good time.
And I`m sure DU will be the place no one will want to leave
once those chat rooms debut.
I would like to continue poem`ing beside the best of you.
Because after this I will be owing everyone who responded
a shitload of Hallmark Cards and my soul.

Lady Ahavati, I`m sorry for not clarifying
the ``Petty`` being on my part.

Web Miss, I apologize for my language,
and I do appreciate your response, so Thank You.

~Devlin

Go to page:
Go to: