Go to page:

a discussion on multiple profiles

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Lady, thanks for your time and thoughts.

no doubt you have some good points. and an almost British out look   " hang in there and not be daunted " good stuff. I agree

The originol question was about art. specifically poetry: the benifits, if any; of using multiple profiles

I won't lie, I had a level of scepticism going on pre-thread..

I've written with a couple of profiles here. first poem busted my cover. cannot not be me. that said, it doesn't mean I cannot put myself into someone's shoes. it's handy enough, but when I transfer it to words, they're mine. I own them. ( not talking about plagiarism )

which in itself brings it's own drawbacks. not least the tone-downs on the off-chance family/ friends (re)visit. and that's a problem I  understand, through experiance. and through conversations here

anyhow, from my own observations figured what we have here is a culture. a growing culture which complements the vision of a hundred million members 😆

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 706

lepperochan said:Lady, thanks for your time and thoughts.

no doubt you have some good points. and an almost British out look   " hang in there and not be daunted " good stuff. I agree

The originol question was about art. specifically poetry: the benifits, if any; of using multiple profiles

I won't lie, I had a level of scepticism going on pre-thread..

I've written with a couple of profiles here. first poem busted my cover. cannot not be me. that said, it doesn't mean I cannot put myself into someone's shoes. it's handy enough, but when I transfer it to words, they're mine. I own them. ( not talking about plagiarism )

which in itself brings it's own drawbacks. not least the tone-downs on the off-chance family/ friends (re)visit. and that's a problem I  understand, through experiance. and through conversations here

anyhow, from my own observations figured what we have here is a culture. a growing culture which complements the vision of a hundred million members 😆

I do agree that it's good to branch out creatively by trying different things, and most poets on here seem to have agreed that it's ok if done for creative purposes and in moderation..

But a bit more about my theory if I may,
About a week or two before the new site was launched, a member published a poem called, ' f# this place ',
I don't know how many people read it before it was deleted, but it was basically an angry rant slamming and slandering everyone on here, including the mistress, the member stated also that they had had dozens of profiles in the past and that getting banned was no big deal, and for whatever reason they were at wits end with this site and to Hell with everyone.  I just hope this same member hasn't gotten back on here somehow after such disrespect statements...

But, as you said, this is a culture of many and we can't just live in fear,
also, there's a fine line between malicious and pitiable..

Thanks for listening, I'm just mentioning it because I care, I'm glad you brought up this subject and I was able to comment, and I hope the administrators can continue to do a great job they are doing

Go to page:
Go to: