a discussion on multiple profiles

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1337

eh. i'm of the opinion that as long as the multiple accounts aren't being used to harass/troll/be general douche canoes then this is really a non-issue.

how someone chooses to do their art doesn't get to be decided by anyone other than the artist. if i were a photographer and wanted to use different cameras for different subject matters/series/etc then that's my choice. even though I COULD use the same camera and produce the same results with filters/development techniques/etc using the same camera for every photograph i take.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14271

JohnnyBlaze said:Feel free to post your creative output and compare numbers.

Poems submitted in 2017 so far as

Johnny Blaze - 89
Mary Walker - 48
Psycotic Mastermind - 52
Magnetron - 44
Anarchitect - 40

Doesn't include poems hidden from public view by the Mods.

And we're not talking limericks, haikus or one word poems either.

Thank you for playing Whose Poetry Is It Anyway?

You made me want to inventory my 'catalogs' of productivity for 2017 too!

Ahavati - 79 ( this counts 30 days of NaPo listed as one poem )
Ex-Machina - 15
AgentStarling - 9

Ugh! You DO win the Golden Crown of Poetry Production! Bet I be'cha in comments and critiques!

What say we get back to what's important and leave this place behiiiiind, Daddy-O?!

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
[I just wanna write, write, write, write, write
write it off, write it off]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM&list=PLsVEeDqau8ajMwMIIDn92SdkNsSIZEU5L

DaisyGrace said:eh. i'm of the opinion that as long as the multiple accounts aren't being used to harass/troll/be general douche canoes then this is really a non-issue.

how someone chooses to do their art doesn't get to be decided by anyone other than the artist. if i were a photographer and wanted to use different cameras for different subject matters/series/etc then that's my choice. even though I COULD use the same camera and produce the same results with filters/development techniques/etc using the same camera for every photograph i take.

LOL! I am, and do!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

JohnnyBlaze said:Feel free to post your creative output and compare numbers.

Poems submitted in 2017 so far as

Johnny Blaze - 89
Mary Walker - 48
Psycotic Mastermind - 52
Magnetron - 44
Anarchitect - 40

Doesn't include poems hidden from public view by the Mods.

And we're not talking limericks, haikus or one word poems either.

Thank you for playing Whose Poetry Is It Anyway?

Miss_Sub said:Are you seriously lowering yourself to who has written the most poetry? Seriously?

Congratulations. Here's a gold star. They gave those out in primary school to make special kids feel smart.

Quality over quantity any day. Something, for the record, Lepp has in bucket loads. So let's not go there shall we.

Quantity is not what I strive for.

My 273 poems in under 6 months so far this year ( that you can access ) is a by-product of actually writing poetry,

not creating hysteria with misleading information about other people having multiple accounts

and

not sitting around with my thumb up my ass bitching about phantoms at DUP suppressing everyone's Freedoms of Speech.

Missy, I could give a rat's ass what you think of my poetry. Feel free to to infer all you want that Lepp's poetry is a higher quality. Maybe it will light a fire under his ass and inspire him to actually write and submit a poem to his Lepp account in 2017.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:You made me want to inventory my 'catalogs' of productivity for 2017 too!

Ahavati - 78 ( this counts 30 days of NaPo listed as one poem )
Ex-Machina - 15
AgentStarling - 9

Ugh! You DO win the Golden Crown of Poetry Production! Bet I be'cha in comments and critiques!  

What say we get back to what's important and leave this place behiiiiind, Daddy-O?!

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
[I just wanna write, write, write, write, write
write it off, write it off]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM&list=PLsVEeDqau8ajMwMIIDn92SdkNsSIZEU5L

I'm right behind you.

poet Anonymous

Oh I'm not inferring it. No no - I'm stating it. Let me be perfectly clear so we don't misunderstand each other.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

So all of the aforementioned profiles that I see constantly hijacking threads and pissing around is just Johnny Blaze and Ahavati?  Serious question!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Miss_Sub said:Oh I'm not inferring it. No no - I'm stating it. Let me be perfectly clear so we don't misunderstand each other.

Magdalena said:So all of the aforementioned profiles that I see constantly hijacking threads and pissing around is just Johnny Blaze and Ahavati?  Serious question!

Happy Writing and Have A Nice Day, Ladies!

Lena-underneath
Fire of Insight
United States 8awards
Joined 14th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 71

Craic, I have one profile and one personality and no one could keep up with multi accounts simultaneously and have a job or a life, but would seem to have a need or obsession to devote so much online. I don't see any harm in other ID's as long as it's not used as a shield for bullying or stirring up shit.

To be honest, I find some of the greatest poets and artists remain one person and simply focus on the art of writing in various genres and expressing BEAUTY in truly painful,playful, sexy and dark ways instead of how many people they pretend to be and make them all comment in one place as different people.

Welcome back Mr. Craic! Your presence always sets a positive tone in the community and you have been terribly missed.

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:Are you seriously lowering yourself to who has written the most poetry? Seriously?

Congratulations. Here's a gold star. They gave those out in primary school to make special kids feel smart.

Quality over quantity any day. Something, for the record, Lepp has in bucket loads. So let's not go there shall we.

Miss MISS---how many gold stars do I get luv???  I have written around 7000+ poems in my short lifetime, but most of them are shit...so do you have any silver or bronze stars still available?????  How about a free trip to the Azores???????  That would be fucking cool!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

--THE TRASH DISPOSAL 101 PLAN THAT ACTUALLY WORKED STORY POEM--
~A Fantastical Non-Fiction Story About Fooling People In The Cyber World To Gain Profit~~

That's right...I'm a teacher, a damned good one, too!
I am an active member of Local 469, the Trash Disposal Teachers Union of the UK!
Trash disposal is a real art.  There's no way you can collect trash unless you are properly educated.
And, I'm telling you, it's lonely up in here.
Summer online trash disposal courses are a bitch & if I don't have enough students enrolled, my grant gets revoked...oh that's right mates, I don't get fucking paid & I have three rascals & a pretty wife with a bum leg at my flat to feed!
And again, I'm telling you straight up, it sucks being a trash disposal teacher, especially when not a single student  signs up for the summer course.  
And, that's exactly what happened to me---I had no student enrollments this summer--not a single fucking person signed up to learn how to dispose of refuse properly. If that shit happens, our city streets begin to stink, shit just piles up on the street corners. There's no fucking way that I'm going to contribute to the pollution of my city streets.  No fucking way!
So I hatched a plan to correct the situation.

Oh yeah mates, I am one fucking smart online teacher! There was no way I was going to lose my grant or add to the pollution of my hometown.
No fucking way were my rascals and pretty wife with a bum leg going to starve this summer!
So I hatched a plan--you are going to love this shit!
That's the beauty of the technological age...you can create illusions and fool people in cyber space!
I enrolled 67 students in my trash disposal class and all of them were me except for one!
I never had so much fucking fun people.
I was talking to myself relentlessly. My students were talking to each other, too. They were fucking with one another, talking about the course subject & trading private message notes, too.  I heard some of them actually fell in love with each other.  Also, I heard through the grapevine, that at least three couples were having internet sex with each other while studying in my fucking class.  Tell me mates, I knew those students personally, how does that shit happen?  It's like having sex with yourself.

Well anyways, we had great success in this years summer course, all the students passed except for one.
I had know idea who the guy was who flunked.  Poor guy! No fucking idea!  It probably was because he was a real student & I didn't know him personally, I was too busy keeping track of all my other students!
But what's really cool & a smashing success for my plan is all the other students got the highest marks that any trash disposal class ever got in the history of our online trash disposal school.  I knew ALL of them personally, they were all "A" students!  Congratulations & kudos to them--they all got trophies!  Those who were having sex with each other, I have no idea what happened to them!
Well mates, the grant went through because my plan worked to perfection, nobody in administration ever caught on!  What simpletons!  Imagine them trying to run a legitimate trash disposal school!!!

Yep, all is well in my Universe, I got my summer pay, my kids and pretty wife with a bum leg got fed & my rent on our flat was paid in full on time!
The students just disappeared!!!
And, it really doesn't matter if any real students ever sign up for trash disposal course again.  As long as I can get paid fooling people then why not???
Then again, we'd have a hometown smelling like a shit hole...what a fucking dilemma!

clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 281

i m not so much bothered by multiple accounts as i am by the growling number of "half" accounts where it is preety obvious that a cat, dog, tree, or tiger is actually owning the account thru coercion or some form of human-animal hypnotization
myself not included.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

DaisyGrace said:eh. i'm of the opinion that as long as the multiple accounts aren't being used to harass/troll/be general douche canoes then this is really a non-issue.

Therein lies the problem: as much as I would like it to be so, people are not 100% always honest and good. Even the best and virtuous have bad days, and a breaking point which can lead them down the dangerous and destructive paths.

Plus there is the problem of multiple profiles of the same person/address supporting or promoting an idea or theme, and being able to sway, not enforce, but make more noise for an idea than a single profile. Though it is not much of a problem as DU is primarily a poetry site and not a politics site. Though the two often cross paths!

I am not trying to argue against you or belittle your words, but profiles are not quite like cameras. They tend to be more like the person behind the camera: with multiple profiles its more a case of the artist approaching the art differently, than the artist changing their medium.

I also have some hang ups about "how someone chooses to do their art doesn't get to be decided by anyone other than the artist" but that may well be because I took GSCE Art and got an F, and am much more comfortable with the philosophy of art than art itself. Plus some douchebags in art do any old thing and call it art because they can, unlike other artists who purposefully flaunt censorship in order to change the world or at least their country.

JohhnyBlaze - At the risk of making conversation and receiving a thousand death stares from everyone else, your output numbers can hardly be considered as inspiration or pro-multiple profiles evidence. If anything they just show that you have a lot of creativity and can make/craft/pen (what is the right word?: its draw for pictures and paintings, and compose for music) a lot of poems. You could have only 2 profiles or 2,000 and they would all have high numbers of poems. Though I get that you're saying more profiles have meant you have more poems.

- On the lighter side, I am a sure there are some people who would only count the creativity output in terms of limericks and or haikus.
- "Whose Poetry Is It Anyway?": sounded more like What's My Line?/What's My Poetry?. Indeed by Whose Line logic, points mean nothing.

Thought of the Day: Heat is in the moment, but Water is more eternal. And the Emperor protects poetry. Apparently.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Hullo

and thank you all for your input.  

I tried to respond twice yesterday, but my responses were hidden. I was not told why, I can only assume the content hit a nerve with someone who was able to hide it

Mr Blaze. Poetry does not have a class system attached to it. poetry does not have a work count criteria. I'd rather have 2 good poems than a thousand shit ones. I constantly look over what I have written. deleted half of mine earlier this year. some of them because I had written them before I understood the feelings which led to the poems, some of them because I simply thought they were shit

I've read some of my poems live on air, and will do it again soon. I have plugged this place and it's people live on air. because I love the place and it's people  

99%  of my poetry is posted on forums. I try to write one poem per day, sometimes I write more, sometimes I don't. if I don't, I don't

I don't publish every thought which comes into my head. I don't publish revenge poetry. and I don't need constant validation and I don't look down on people who write less than I do. In fact I respect them for it

you asked me to post the quote I alluded to:*

" I believe you posted a comment under a poem which said you use a profile to ridicule people" or words to that effect

I have the quote here now. another member sent it to me. you posted the quote under one of your poems which was deleted for being abusive

you say 20% ( around thirty poems) on Av's  poetry month thread are such poems. fair enough?

are you ok with that, Avahti?  

I think, like most everyone here on this thread has said, multiple accounts aren't a problem until they become a problem.

There are some really good examples here of how a multiple account works well

an example would be Pascale (*the kind of drag-queen persona)
the account is in stark contrast to his other account. syntax, demeanor etc and I found him a joy to read. it reads like it's a part of him busting to get out.

I also have a number of friend here who occasionally write with other  accounts. all good

again, thank you all who have contributed.

... I will try and write a poem by Saturday but I'm not making any promises

"However the silver lining here is their pettiness inspires me to write lots of poetry like the above. said behavior; said behaviour is immortalized in at least 20% of the 150 entries I contributed to this years NaPoWriMo challenge as myself, Psycotic mastermind, Mary walker, and Anarhitec. the clues are a plenty after which is dedicated to who without mentioning any names. Mwua.ha.ha."  -Guess who

Go to page:
Go to: