poet
RainC_Tara
rain1courtel
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 58

Well, I have two accounts, only one active. I've been a member since 2012 and the genesis of my growth as a poet, as well as the authentic poetic relationships I've forged... were born on that page. I couldnt delete it for sentimental and nostalgic reasons. But I needed to do away with many poets on my page that I no longer respected, and the delection of so many was too time consuming. It was much easier to start fresh with a new page that consist of poets I enjoyed following. I haven't revisited my old account since creating this one.

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
33awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

lepperochan said:hullo
[...]
anyhow, I'm more interested in the actual artistic benefits than mud slinging.

After you slung mud via insinuations, of course.

for instance, If I go to Av' catalog then ex-machina then agent starling will I see a noticeable difference in the poetry. ..or anyone's multi accounts

or am i missing the point.

( probably sounds like I'm being sarcky, its not intentional)
[...]

Considering this is about me, I would like to address it. I honestly don't know if you will see a difference in the writing or not. Under the tutelage of the wonderful Mr. Blaze, I'm just learning how to project myself into character. I feel it's from a different perspective; however, others may not. And, then, some may agree.

I was in drama and a secret taught to me was to get into character and remain in character at least a week ( may have been two ) before auditions. Sure enough, I did that and landed every lead role I tried out for.

Poetry is like that too. One can project themselves into a different character and channel. Until you've actually experienced it, you won't understand it. I didn't until I started. Now I LOVE it!

When I'm writing as Ex-Machina ( Ava ), I feel I'm coming from a completely different place than Ahavati. What I produce as Ava doesn't seem like it belongs under Ahavati's collection because it's different. It's based on a series of a more futuristic, sci-fi perspectives vs. the spiritual, naturalistic writings of Ahavati.

Without Ava's persona, where would I store the series? Sometimes I feel like writing something spiritual, sometimes sci-fi, sometimes I want to play agent_starling and use a southern dialogue from a different perspective. How do I keep these series separated? With different personas.

Should they all be interlinked under Ahavati? No. I don't believe so.

While there are some here who are dishonest about their multiple accounts ( or forget to mention them in opening posts about how it's okay to have multiple accounts ), and / or use them for subversive purposes ( such as the muggle account you mentioned, widely known as a "bully account" because you never knew who was using it ), there are those of us who are forthright and open. We actually focus on poetry, as evidenced by our 'catalogs' and extensive hours of critiques to help improve the writing of site membership.  

How are we not "ourselves" by doing this, just because another thinks that to be themselves they must only have one persona?

poet
lepperochan
Craic-in-a-box
Tyrant of Words
63awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 11758

Hullo,

Thanks, AV. That's one of the most comprehensive run-down of reasons for using multiple accounts I've read to date.  It does make a little bit of sense

Mr Blaze, what you read as an accusation was me being candid. I'm not sure of you're denying you use a profile to ridicule and be cruel about members here or not, or of you're denying you said as much on  a poem comment here some time ago

either way it reads like you are,  so fair enough.

AV, I used you as an example purely because only two people this far ( you and blaze)  have commented here and have three or more profiles

I honestly thought your poetry took a bit of a nose dive with Ava. others may disagree

So ok, Mr Blaze can you (of you like)  walk me through the how you decide you need another personality to write

and why you stopped needing more personalities. or do you Kill some off first etc

Rain, this profile is where I learned and grew also. I understand where you are coming from

Thanks everyone for your thoughts

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Hullo,

Thanks, AV. That's one of the most comprehensive run-down of reasons for using multiple accounts I've read to date.  It does make a little bit of sense

Mr Blaze, what you read as an accusation was me being candid. I'm not sure of you're denying you use a profile to ridicule and be cruel about members here or not, or of you're denying you said as much on  a poem comment here some time ago

AV, I used you as an example purely because only two people this far ( you and blaze)  have commented here and have three or more profiles

You mean the only ones who are honest about our 3-4 multiple accounts? Because there are more who haven't been.

I honestly thought your poetry took a bit of a nose dive with Ava. others may disagree

So ok, Mr Blaze can you (of you like)  walk me through the how you decide you need another personality to write

and why you stopped needing more personalities. or do you Kill some off first etc

Rain, this profile is where I learned and grew also. I understand where you are coming from

Thanks everyone for your thoughts

Since we're on trail, just wondering if we need to swear on the Bible to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? Since the Miranda Rights were overlooked?

My writing may have taken a nose-dive as Ava, as I am just learning to project from her viewpoint. Thank you for your honesty. Of course honest critique is always welcome to help me improve from that viewpoint!

poet
JohnnyBlaze
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 628

lepperochan said:

Again ....

JohnnyBlaze said:
p.s. What I write about anyone here or elsewhere is inspired by behavior they have demonstrated. Does that mean I am attacking them? Or am I holding a mirror up so they can see themselves as I see them?

You might want to mull that over for a bit.

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
69awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 5682

FYI (addressed to all) all of this same old shit is getting really fucking old from every conceivable angle.

poet
JohnnyBlaze
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 628

lepperochan said:HUllo and greetings from the Emerald

I've noticed there's been another big influx of multiple profiles. I read about people saying "it's for art reasons" but I don't see much evidence of it when i look at people's different catalogs. its more or less the same

can I ask, without causing a huge drama. whats all this about. who needs three or four profiles for art reasons ?

sounds like a huge crock of shit to me, but I'd like to understand a bit  more if anyone is willing to share  

Miss_Sub said:FYI (addressed to all) all of this same old shit is getting really fucking old from every conceivable angle.

And there you have it.

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Miss_Sub said:FYI (addressed to all) all of this same old shit is getting really fucking old from every conceivable angle.

Unfortunately, I'm working so can't get a pint. But wine sounds lovely. Sigh.

However, I completely agree with you regarding the "same old shit", and was frankly shocked to see this topic regarding multiple accounts ( again ).

But! While we're here lets put it to rest once and for all, shall we? I'd like to see an example of what Craic is publicly accusing me of regarding me "hid[ing], delet[ing] or otherwise fk['n] with [other's] work."

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
69awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 5682

Ahavati said:However, I completely agree with you regarding the "same old shit"

My mother was right. Miracles do happen.

Ahavati said:But! While we're here lets put it to rest once and for all, shall we? I'd like to see an example of what Craic is publicly accusing me of.

poet
MaryWalker
Thought Provoker
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 121

I'm not sure Johnny Blaze writing about my sapphic desires is going to do the world of erotic lesbian poetry any justice.

He's also hairy like an ape.

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MaryWalker said:I'm not sure Johnny Blaze writing about my sapphic desires is going to do the world of erotic lesbian poetry any justice.

He's also hairy like an ape.

Swoooooooon!

poet
Poem-Worm
Poetry Worm
Guardian of Shadows
  profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 307

Ahavati said:

Unfortunately, I'm working so can't get a pint. But wine sounds lovely. Sigh.

TEQUILA!!

poet
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
56awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 4053

I completely agree with this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and perhaps the only sure way to have ultimate peace, is to take away all the forums except competition, so nothing can ever go south and deteriorate into playground mudslinging, like the direction this thread has gone .

But, since that isn't an option and a handful of people would cry "censorship !" anyway, we're sort of damned if we do, or don't .

Solution : can we just knock it the fuck off, already??  No more witch hunts, tit for tat, sucker punching, reach-arounds, nitpicking on semantics of syntax and such, vendettas, revenge, boo-hoo my feelings were hurt....

No wonder, Baby Jesus is crying and I'd rather go paint something I pulled out of a dumpster, then sell it on Craig's List. Good Lord.

poet
lepperochan
Craic-in-a-box
Tyrant of Words
63awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 11758

Hullo

Missy, you don't need to read the thread.

My  opologies for my un-diciplin-ness. and thanks to all who have posted here.

reason for the thread was I read this on a poem comment yesterday

"
It's true the site has about 25 members who are anywhere between 3-5 personas each; however, only a handful ( myself included ) admit to such! "

and wondered if it was true. also I genuinely do not get the 3+ for art reasons. poetry 'supposedly' comes from the heart

anyhow I started this thread thinks ng it was all a crock of shit and on some level still do but have a better insight after one of AV's post

also in terms of being done to death, I'm sure it'll come back up again and again. If you want to take part, take part. If you don't then don't. Simples

again, thanks all who've contributed

poet
Umm
eliza
Fire of Insight
Latvia
  profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 766

Ahavati said:

Well I happen to think "it's swinish". to return and completely alter a post afterwards as well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on what we consider "swinish".

Now I need to go focus on Poetry. Excuse me.

yes, i completely altered a two word post which was up for literally a minute.

I didn't mean to offend you by saying you've corrected an error, it was just my honest opinion when I realized what you meant. After I read your edited reply it seamed to me like you needlessly confused things instead of clarified them ...and for some unknown reason felt the need to throw about a pm which I told you not to send me

I don't think I can even begin to understand your reasoning nor would I ever want to.  

Go to page:
Go to: