a discussion on multiple profiles

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

hullo
thank you all for your opinions. I did have ( as Avahiti pointed out) a profile called Ard-Ri. the profile was made for privacy reasons.  I did however deactivate this profile first, and deactivated the Ard Ri one before I reactivated this one

anyhow

J. Blaze. " It's about putting one's self into an alternative mindset, then receiving inspiration and writing without the limitations of being your usual self"

it's interesting right enough. I dunno if that would work for me, I kinda do it anyway, don't we all on some level when we write poetry. not to get too personal but I noticed at least one of your profiles was used mainly for what I'd call revenge poetry, I believe a member flagged around fifty of them as thinly veiled snide, cruel etc

I believe if my memory serves, you say it somewhere on a comment that you use one of your profiles for such poetry. struck me as cowardice to be honest

anyhow, I'm more interested in the actual artistic benefits than mud slinging. for instance, If I go to Av' catalog then ex-machina then agent starling will I see a noticeable difference in the poetry. ..or anyone's multi accounts

or am i missing the point.

( probably sounds like I'm being sarcky, its not intentional)

also  Eamonn IS NOT CUTE

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

lepperochan said:

J. Blaze.

not to get too personal but I noticed at least one of your profiles was used mainly for what I'd call revenge poetry, I believe a member flagged around fifty of them as thinly veiled snide, cruel etc

I believe if my memory serves, you say it somewhere on a comment that you use one of your profiles for such poetry. struck me as cowardice to be honest

anyhow, I'm more interested in the actual artistic benefits than mud slinging.

No to defend or point the finger, but there were and are, plenty of members here who have used multi-profiles as well as singular ones, for revenge and mud slinging poetry.  Lots of reports were registered in on many different members, over time--not just JB.

I do know you were just using that as an example though , and my thoughts on the whole multi profile bit, are that at some determined cutoff point, all new members are limited to two or three profiles, maximum. Those registered prior to, are of course grandfathered in, if they already have multiples .

Personally , I find it enough to manage one account and don't really see the need for hoardes of them, like some members have .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

lepperochan said:hullo
thank you all for your opinions. I did have ( as Avahiti pointed out) a profile called Ard-Ri. the profile was made for privacy reasons.  I did however deactivate this profile first, and deactivated the Ard Ri one before I reactivated this one

anyhow

J. Blaze. " It's about putting one's self into an alternative mindset, then receiving inspiration and writing without the limitations of being your usual self"

it's interesting right enough. I dunno if that would work for me, I kinda do it anyway, don't we all on some level when we write poetry. not to get too personal but I noticed at least one of your profiles was used mainly for what I'd call revenge poetry, I believe a member flagged around fifty of them as thinly veiled snide, cruel etc

anyhow, I'm more interested in the actual artistic benefits than mud slinging. for instance, If I go to Av' catalog then ex-machina then agent starling will I see a noticeable difference in the poetry. ..or anyone's multi accounts

or am i missing the point.

( probably sounds like I'm being sarcky, its not intentional)

also  Eamonn IS NOT CUTE

Based upon your "beliefs" and these so called facts involving a particular member whose named you failed to mention, could you please identify "the one account I mostly use" to write these "revenge poems" you speak of?

I would certainly hope it is not my JohnnyBlaze account.

A simple majority of the 176 poems under this account would be 89 poems.

Are saying that between you and this other person, you can point out at least 89 specific "revenge poems" in Johnny's list?

Or at least those "around fifty" you mentioned?

Craic, would like to try making another accusation more grounded in reality?

p.s. What I write about anyone here or elsewhere is inspired by behavior they have demonstrated. Does that mean I am attacking them? Or am I holding a mirror up so they can see themselves as I see them?

You might want to mull that over for a bit.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

The number of accounts on this poetry site per person
may from time to tome, vary from 0, to 1, 2,3 or a max of 4.

Each has its own positive and/or peculiar effects
An avatar count of zero indeed causes alarm ripples  

as a flock of sheep feels when the wolf keeps
making one amongst them vanish as
his hunger sees fit.

Thats right, i missed you
I was about to send some of my avatars out to look for you

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

MadameLavender said:

Personally , I find it enough to manage one account and don't really see the need for hoardes of them, like some members have .

Dear Madam Lavender,
Did the cat write this or was it the lady behind the cat?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

rabbitquest said:

Dear Madam Lavender,
Did the cat write this or was it the lady behind the cat?

Bronson did---he's a cat of many talents and mischievous purr-sonality.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14271

MadameLavender said:

Bronson did---he's a cat of many talents and mischievous purr-sonality.

Glad he doesn't have a drumstick for a paw any longer. It may have proven difficult despite his may talents.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Ahavati said:

Let me just share my private message to you publicly so there are no misunderstandings.

I think sharing my personal messages(sent or received) on the forums is an invasion of privacy, so i've reported your post. Surely there are other ways for you to defend yourself.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Umm said:

I think sharing my personal messages(sent or received) on the forums is an invasion of privacy, so i've reported your post. Surely there are other ways for you to defend yourself.

I didn't share yours. I  have no personal messages from you. I shared what I sent, which is perfectly acceptable for clarification considering you returned to edit a post after the fact.

I defended myself with the Truth.

The sharing of any private message is acceptable ( and legal ) with permission from the author.  I. am. the. author.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

I didn't say you shared mine and I still feel it is an unnecessary invasion of my privacy.

I edited my post a minute later because It was unclear to me what you were referring to, then clarified the reason for the edit in the following post. You've edited all of your post in our exchange at least 2 and 3 times  ..not to mention (some)hours after they were originally posted.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Umm said:I didn't say you shared mine and I still feel it is an unnecessary invasion of my privacy.

I edited my post a minute later because It was unclear to me what you were referring to, then clarified the reason for the edit in the following post. You've edited all of your post in our exchange at least 2 and 3 times  ..not to mention (some)hours after they were originally posted.

And I will continue to do that if I see a grammatical or spelling error. Or,  if someone else has completely deleted their post and replaced it with another, I will edit to clarify, as demonstrated in this thread.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

quoting my posts and editing in pm's you've sent me are not grammatical errors. it's swinish.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Umm said:quoting my posts and editing in pm's you've sent me are not grammatical errors. it's swinish.

Okay, now you're just being deceptive if you're inferring I didn't quote my apology to you verbatim. There is not one word altered in the apology I sent you and the quote in this thread.  And I'll have the Webmiss verify.

Addendum: Quoting posts in discussions is advisable because, as demonstrated in this very thread, people tend to go back and alter them completely.

P.s. - I edited this thread three times. Once to correct the spelling of you. Another to add the addendum. And the third to explain why I edited.  

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

editing pm's you've sent me into your forum posts**
(as in sharing them)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Umm said:editing pm's you've sent me into your forum posts**
(as in sharing them)

Well I happen to think "it's swinish". to return and completely alter a post afterwards as well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on what we consider "swinish".

Now I need to go focus on Poetry. Excuse me.

Go to page:
Go to: