Ultra Feminists, feminists and men

poet Anonymous

Deleted

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1337

Miss_Sub said:I said I consider myself humanist, my dear. As a broad umbrella term. Not the be all and end all of my definition.

i'm sorry that i used label and consider interchangeably.  though, i find little difference in them.

Miss_Sub said:

Sweet, feminism is a lot like a penis. It's a perfectly great thing to have and take pride in, but when one waves the aforementioned appendage infront of my face, then we're probably gonna have an issue.

i wasn't aware i was waving an appendage around, sweet. i was participating in a conversation.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

I'm surprised more women don't dislike men in general.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Umm said:I'm surprised more women don't dislike men in general.

And it is that type of blanket sentiment that perpetuates the daft idiocy. The idea that all men are bastards and all women are somehow putting up with men simply out of necessity.

When the sheer truth is you get evil, stupid, arrogant, annoying, base people regardless of gender, identity, race, culture, or age. The 'rotten apple' of the bunch is universal.

A problem with feminism in general is the problem with any label or group: a counter-culture. In this case, men over striving to be masculine and manly and create their own group in response to feminism.
There is also the side problem that in Western society, an affluent young/middle-aged white male cannot particularly claim any persecution or unfairness as it is taken that the system favours them: that they are 'The Man'. Whereas any other group is seen as a minority and as being oppressed and that they can take pride in what they are, while being 'The Man' is somehow a burden and sin without much justification. - The faults and sins of the past are not the inheritance of the future and modern, neither is it the case for demographics based on chance of history.

I am not an advocate of feminism or masculism or anything like that: I have a hard enough time trying to ascertain what exactly I am without the nonsense of trying to figure out the rest of the world as organised into trivial boxes.

Though the point is not to not represent anyone or under represent or anything like that. The point is to allow opportunities to be universal whilst tailored to an individuals needs. To do something for the greater good of all mortality without getting bogged down in micro organisation that focusses so much on the means that an end is never achieved.

Rambling transmission ends.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Viddax said:

And it is that type of blanket sentiment that perpetuates the daft idiocy. The idea that all men are bastards and all women are somehow putting up with men simply out of necessity.

I was by no means sentimenting that all men are bad, just expressing surprise...a reaction to Brads reply on this thread.

have a nice whatever~

poet Anonymous

Great stuff. I'm thinking that people (outside of this discussion) find the word more important than the depth of what it stands for and stood for. I think the word feminism is out dated now. it served its purpose and now it  encompasses more than it should. Its like any term for mass movements ways of belief.
I also think that the word has changed in meaning over time like many other words.

WE NEED A NEW WORD

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

doggerelsheets said:Great stuff. I'm thinking that people (outside of this discussion) find the word more important than the depth of what it stands for and stood for. I think the word feminism is out dated now. it served its purpose and now it  encompasses more than it should. Its like any term for mass movements ways of belief.
I also think that the word has changed in meaning over time like many other words.

WE NEED A NEW WORD

That would be like saying Christianity should be renamed to That-Religion-Which-Has-Different-Meanings-To-It's-Individual-Subscribers.

walker
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 12th May 2017
Forum Posts: 248

extremism in anything is counterproductive and outright stupidity, as the wise old folks say everything in moderation is good. so when ya take any so called 'isms' to the extreme, you're alienating yaself be it vegetarianism, veganism, buddhism,any other religionism or professionalism. keep it to the point and moderate, avoid the hatred.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Traditional feminism was a lot different from modern feminism it seems, and the latter came about as early as the sixties. Now it has evolved so much, we can call it extreme feminism.

I'm pro none of the above, I would rather be an authentic and not be easily led by the ideals of group culture.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 417

seekingkate said:There are many men who call themselves feminist because they believe in the equality of male and female...one gender is not greater than the other.

On saying that, there is still imbalance in the world in relation to the genders and women unfortunately experience the imbalance more then men.

The word feminist has been hijacked over the decades.  I remember in my uni days studying different 'brands' of feminism and unfortunately people latch on to 'parts' of them (like they do with religion)  e.g., saying women who are feminists hate men, belittle them etc etc etc or that all women who are feminists are lesbians.  This is not the case. Your gender preference has nothing to do with feminism.

Also some see feminism as perpetuating a victim culture.  This is not the case, it is just a step in the direction of a woman regaining her individual power to take control of her life.

Feminism is a broad subject, too broad to put in a few words but I need to say that women of today need to look at what has been gained during the last century by women who have stood up for the rights of women whether they called themselves feminists or not.

BTW, I am a feminist  

women never had power or control over their lives so it would be gaining not regaining... Men get shafted more than women because the laws are ALWAYS on their side

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14263

chump said:women never had power or control over their lives so it would be gaining not regaining... Men get shafted more than women because the laws are ALWAYS on their side

You do not know that. All you know is the history written by the hunters who slayed the lions.

History always belongs to the hunters until the lions have their day.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Ahavati said:

You do not know that. All you know is the history written by the hunters who slayed the lions.

History always belongs to the hunters until the lions have their day.
so you are a prehistoric feminist? Even as underdog as my tendencies lean i wont argue prehistory

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14263

chump said: so you are a prehistoric feminist? Even as underdog as my tendencies lean i wont argue prehistory

ROAR

poet Anonymous

I think it's fair to say both women and men are part to blame for any inequality between genders.

no disrespect to the poster, but lions are near extinct. Hunters and general wankers have seen to that. so the phrase seems defunct. more than that it's connotations imply more of the same only reversed (ie women keeping men down) which is no solution either

I'm curious to know, apart from a fairly big wages disparage,  what inequalities, if any,  women here face in their day to day lives

though, I'm certainly not suggesting there are none  

I think the whole debate needs to be multi-faceted. Ie what part do both genders play, what part does the media play, our role models, literature, all the things which are imbedded in society like church, curriculums, and the family home ie Mammy's boy and Daddy's girl  

I'd venture to say, that most of us sustain inequalities despite any ideology to the contrast .

I think grass root feminism used to be about survival. evolved from "we need" to "we want"

but there's not many movements on earth which can speak for a whole gender with any validly given  there's about four or five billion of both  

personally I think modern feminism is divisive. and holds back equality

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Feminism is a machine built to change the balance of power between men and women. If it was once needed to counter what nature intended, that time has passed. Laws are in place to insure equality and any difference in opportunity is in womens favor. Equality is unnatural and the decline of what has worked for genetations is opon us. When the unnatural legal enviroment that is absolutlely required for the appearance of equality is gone and replaced with kaos inferiority will return...

Go to page:
Go to: