Go to page:

Ultra Feminists, feminists and men

poet Anonymous

Is there anything for men in feminist doctrine? I love women and I believe that sexual and gender equality is the way forward. I think misogyny is horrific and pathetic, and the rape of women can be viewed as an extreme form of misogyny amoungst other things.

All that aside as a man I can't see anything but derision from feminism.
I wrote it down in a short story entitled C.U.N.T.

Can anyone shed light on feminism for me pro or against?  

poet Anonymous

Deleted

walker
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 12th May 2017
Forum Posts: 248

Miss_Sub said:No, I'm not a feminist. You know why? Because to do so overlooks the fact that men have rights too. Why would I do that? 12,000 men in the U.K. a year are also raped. Nobody reports on that.

For that reason, I consider myself Humanist. Equality means just that - loving the human being, regardless of gender or any attached politics which is something modern feminism simply doesn't consider, unfortunately.

wish there was a friggin like button for forum posts...woulda hit a million times.

poet Anonymous

Hi, Miss_Sub
I really agree with your view point. Humanist is very close to what I believe. You put forward a succinct and eloquent argument debunking feminism, If I get into an argument with a feminist again I with use the humanist comeback because it melts the feminist argument to mush.    

poet Anonymous

Deleted

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1368

feminism is the advocacy of woman's rights so that men and women are equal. it has nothing to do with taking away the rights of men.

poet Anonymous

Deleted

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

what rights have been taken away from men?

i'm not sure what feminism you are talking about, but it's not victim culture. of course, i'm sure you'll tell me you have no idea what feminism i'm talking about.

as with everything, it all depends on what you read/who you listen to and what you've used to shape your opinion.

poet Anonymous

I'm not saying that feminism is taking away men's rights... it's just not expressing them on equal terms. And that's not balanced.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

There are many men who call themselves feminist because they believe in the equality of male and female...one gender is not greater than the other.

On saying that, there is still imbalance in the world in relation to the genders and women unfortunately experience the imbalance more then men.

The word feminist has been hijacked over the decades.  I remember in my uni days studying different 'brands' of feminism and unfortunately people latch on to 'parts' of them (like they do with religion)  e.g., saying women who are feminists hate men, belittle them etc etc etc or that all women who are feminists are lesbians.  This is not the case. Your gender preference has nothing to do with feminism.

Also some see feminism as perpetuating a victim culture.  This is not the case, it is just a step in the direction of a woman regaining her individual power to take control of her life.

Feminism is a broad subject, too broad to put in a few words but I need to say that women of today need to look at what has been gained during the last century by women who have stood up for the rights of women whether they called themselves feminists or not.

BTW, I am a feminist  

poet Anonymous

seekingkate said:

Also some see feminism as perpetuating a victim culture.  This is not the case, it is just a step in the direction of a woman regaining her individual power to take control of her life.

Kate while I whole heartedly respect your decision to believe whatever you wish (and I do, and only offer this in the spirit of discussion) if a person needs the label of feminism to regain their individual power, then they lack courage and self belief. Not feminism.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

Miss_Sub said:

Kate while I whole heartedly respect your decision to believe whatever you wish (and I do, and only offer this in the spirit of discussion) if a person needs the label of feminism to embrace their individual power, then they lack courage and self belief. Not feminism.

By that logic, you don't need to label yourself a humanist. You can just exist without a label.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

And if you are only talking about victims, then yes. They lack courage and self belief sometimes. So if they need to grasp onto something to help get them going, what is wrong with that? And who are we to tell them what words they get to use?

poet Anonymous

I said I consider myself humanist, my dear. As a broad umbrella term. Not the be all and end all of my definition.

Go to page:
Go to: