Go to page:

Does True Love Exist?

MsRockyJackson
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 1st July 2014
Forum Posts: 318

Whether or not if you're realistic I would like to know your opinions on this topic since lately I've been struggling with this and feeling like there maybe a chance it really isn't and it sucks for me to not believe it as someone who is a dreamer and is very old fashioned and gets very intuned with the idea of love.
Now I understand if you're the opposite and have a very realistic approach to love and believe if it happens for you it happens for you and it doesn't it just doesn't.
However, I feel that approach is a very dreary way to go through life but as the saying goes "whatever floats your boat". Anywho, I will admit though I'm not fond of the term 'soul mate' I don't believe that nor have I ever believed in that I do believe in "mates" in other words, you'll find someone that's your other half but isn't necessarily extremely perfect or flawless otherwise how in the hell are they human?.
I also think when it comes to true love those who look for it sometimes look for it the really wrong places where they end up finding people that are either married, not who they say they are, or even crazy.
Then end up going back to those areas just to start all over again and not learning a damn thing!
So tell me, does true love really do exist?

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2255

they are words
that are easly said
they are words
that can easly flow
to a lonelyness
that needs to know
they are words
that are mostly
hollow
that lonelyness
blindly follows

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

It is not
love
that is blind
it is
ones wishful thinking

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

why do you need
to see
whats behind the door
are the words
i love you
not enough
any more
why do you insist
on looking
behind the scenes
when you know
what you will find
will not be me
yet you hope and pray
that i will change
while wishfull thinking
becomes your cage
as you lay
on your barron bed
of dispair
believeing
one day i will care

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

I don't know. I think if love didn't exist then neither would poetry.

Fizzle
Ammiture
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 5th Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 99

I think love is a word we give to a multitude of different feelings of attraction/attachment. It's precise meaning is sort of relative.

Lovelost2017
Strange Creature
Joined 20th May 2017
Forum Posts: 1

It does ❤️

coyote
blue coyote
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 25th May 2017
Forum Posts: 12

Fizzle said:I think love is a word we give to a multitude of different feelings of attraction/attachment. It's precise meaning is sort of relative.

This is a really important point.  First you have to define "love" and "true love" which is not easy.  And once you jump down that rabbit hole you realize how wildly different people's ideas of love really are.

It's fascinating to me because we all accept this vague, flowery notion as "love" even though it doesn't clarify or define anything whatsoever.  We talk to each other about love and take for granted that we're being understood.  But chances are, we're having separate conversations that only slightly overlap.

Personally, I don't think "true love" exists.  However you define it, I think it implies perfect selflessness and no one can achieve that.

poet Anonymous

"I hate to break it to you, but what people call "love". Is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed." -Rick and Morty

Sorry, I saw the title and immediately thought of this quote.

coyote
blue coyote
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 25th May 2017
Forum Posts: 12

TheMonsterfromHe11 said:"I hate to break it to you, but what people call "love". Is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed." -Rick and Morty

Sorry, I saw the title and immediately thought of this quote.

Rise above, Morty. Focus on science.

poet Anonymous

Wubba lubba dub dub!! There's rick and morty fans here?!?!

MsRockyJackson
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 1st July 2014
Forum Posts: 318

coyote said:

Rise above, Morty. Focus on science.

HAhAhaha 😂👌🏽

PoetSpeak
Tyrant of Words
United States 54awards
Joined 17th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 166

Love is protection,  if you feel protected than love exists ....

PeaceFlpw
Peace Flow
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 16th May 2017
Forum Posts: 24

for me it doesn't, but I don't know

olablinks
Ola
Twisted Dreamer
Nigeria 1awards
Joined 16th Mar 2017