poet
JohnnyBlaze
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 628

MadameLavender said:

Wait---I thought you had dreads...you know, your avatar, and all...

You're confusing that with the comb over from my back.

poet
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
54awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2363

DUP provides a platform for anyone to showcase their work and as Hemi says "it's free"  Considering all of the years you have been a member here , you yourself have exploited that.

We put our writing here out of choice as did you.  No one said you had too.  The OP reads like a futile tantrum.

poet Anonymous

not sure if you're calling me an exploiterer but I'm going to take offence anyway because fuck it  it's been ages.

I like your logic. reminds me of an old Irish proverb "  which translates loosly as  " lube the hand which pulls you off" ..Irish always translates bad into UKish

I think the word exploited is an unfortunate choice of word to defend d or justify. to exploit something or somebody is a negative thing. if you are offered an apple and you accept are you exploiting the hand which gave it to you. I wouldn't have thought so

if its free, then nobody owes anybody anything

poet
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
54awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2363

I don't care to know what you do with your hand mister.

And, no, you exploit the apple, as in benefit from, utilize, make use, blah, blah blah... Take offence, I'm in a don't a give a fuck mood anyway and it's been ages.

poet
DarkEnchantress
Dangerous Mind
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 377

souladareatease said:

Much agree with this point...the other place I keep scribbling's are paper and lap-top .......I know crazy right? I could be making pennies a day off this hacked out crap
This site was my first for Writing...and still the only one I care to call home.
It is still the savvy one of the lot out there!!!
If You are looking to make a buck...best to find a job

***I have some very rare prints of originals I penned at 15...I sell them out of my garage on weekends ..Authentic Mead paper (mint and near/mint condition) stop by they're going fast

Soul, and ArdRi-- Identifying with the positive in both of your opinions!
To write, or not to write....to publish, or not to publish(solely for monetary gains)....Hmmm...invariably the dilemma, and the ever- present, proverbial point to ponder...

If the instant gratification of wealth is one's primary goal of writing, then this is one that will--undoubtedly--remain out of reach initially.....unless you manage
to capture the fifty-shades-of-luck that found E.L. James , of course !!!

This site wasn't my first choice, but it is the only one that feel's like "home". Of all the sites that offer opportunities for publishing, DUP is definitely numero uno!  And to reiterate---once again--ALL that DU has to offer is f r e e ...contribution is totally optional....remaining a part of the community is a
personal decision.  

( and Soul...those "rare" copies on Mead paper...at garage-sale-bargain prices....WOW....can hardly pass on those! Ummm..do you offer printed, advanced lists of your poems, or do i have to wait in line??)

poet
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 341

Last time I checked I was not enslaved by DU or a poetry worm. If my memory serves me right I chose DU as a place to put my poetry, where I could chose the type of critique. I really don't get this used and abused feeling, I don't feel exploited although I seem to be outside the loop on internal politics.

The day I no longer want to be here or I feel exploited is the day I will leave quietly out of the side entrance. No fuss, no debate - "and like that; he's gone!" :-)

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
33awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 1110

All your art are belong to us!*

*Disclaimer: Joke

poet Anonymous

poet
LobodeSanPedro
Guardian of Shadows
Sierra Leone
105awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3026

I'm ballin' with the money that comes from poetry ...

poet
hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
Australia
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1333

LobodeSanPedro said:I'm ballin' with the money that comes from poetry ...

Dude....ya fuckin' light-weight. My dildo is a lear jet, prose-powered...

poet Anonymous

poet
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
55awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 4044

IronFears said:If you are acting like clows i'll expose more how web sites works today. Regards.

Lighten up--people are allowed to joke around in life, here as well.  There's no big conspiracy at DUP and members are certainly at liberty to come and go at their choosing and can deactivate their own accounts as well as reactivate them, at will.

poet Anonymous

IronFears said:If you are acting like clows i'll expose more how web sites works today. Regards.

What do you do if you are attacked by a gang of clowns?

Go for the juggler.

You're welcome.

poet
hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
Australia
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1333

I think you may have over-estimated two things;

Our ignorance
How big your "secret" is

(In other news, tinfoil futures are looking very good right now...)

poet
walker
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 12th May 2017
Forum Posts: 248

Art? Exploitation?  Are you tryin to say this is a Chinese red brick factory and we're but mere slave labor?  

Go to page:
Go to: