Go to page:

Then one day you realize you're art is being exploited

DaddyPhantom
DaddyPhantomPhotoTron
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 21st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 41

Congratulations! This poem has been nominated for Deep Underground Poetry's Featured Poem of the Month Competition
Wow! That's great! More website views for DUP! That's what it's all about right? How many good artists have put hundreds of pieces on your site, and received anything but a 'Badge' or honorable mention?
You've been online how long? How many poets have you promoted outside of DUP? How many have made a dime off of your exploitation of people who desire to be heard and read so much, that they'd give your site their hard earned work?
These are the questions people who left DUP have asked themselves (and others). It's time for poets to STOP accepting social media awards and 'Poem Views' as payment for our hard earned work.
One more thing:
Why is it so damned hard to erase my profile from DUP? On most sites it's a simple click of the mouse. How come you practically need a note from your mamma and an attorney to delete an artist’s profile? Something seems awfully fishy about that to me.
Just in case you're wondering why I'm still here? Well because I have a website, a YouTube channel with substantial views, I collaborate with other artists PHYSICALLY, have my own studio, perform on a regular basis, and NEVER put a poem on DUP that's not an ancient piece written 10 years ago when I was raw.
I actually get more from DUP than it gets from me. How many can other Poets on this site say that? (Check your bank accounts for checks from DUP before you answer.

escape_artist_322
Lost Thinker
Joined 6th May 2017
Forum Posts: 58

Lol. Thumbs up.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Perhaps you were utilizing DUP for the wrong purposes, rather than connecting with other poets on a personal level and helping each other improve.

Just saying.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Moving this to Discussion and Debate. Carry on, Gentlemen.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

*edit : "your"

(You're means "you are")

Now at the very least to be exploited you need to try to be exploitable my friend. Your exploitation of titles sickens the gut.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I waited myself through college. Glad to know I haven't lost it.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
escape_artist_322
Lost Thinker
Joined 6th May 2017

Eminem has more awards & sales than anyone else.
When taking that into account, like other rappers say they do, those same rappers say Eminem isn't the King, though all the evidence is against that opinion.

Just thought I'd share that.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

👏

escape_artist_322
Lost Thinker
Joined 6th May 2017

Can you see me?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
escape_artist_322
Lost Thinker
Joined 6th May 2017

But you can see the picture, thus you have social media, otherwise you won't be here. Would have that "better stuff" to do.
Salute.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Kid Blaze.

I like it.

Maybe I could dye my thinning greying hair orange like the Heat Miser.

Go to page:
Go to: