Go to page:

Should we be really scared of death? are you?

Tori
Strange Creature
Joined 14th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 3

More so afraid of what is going to happen after death rather than death itself

rod
Strange Creature
United States 1awards
Joined 9th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 10

I'm not scared of death but the older I get, I'm 45, the more it seems that I have a better understanding of how real and unpredictable death is. When I see a obituary for someone that is around my age or younger, it makes me realize how precious life is and how quickly life passes us by. I recently had to travel outside of the US and with the way the world is something told me to get things in order for my family in case I don't return. One of the things I did was write a goodbye letter to them and placed them somewhere they would for sure find if I didn't return but knew they wouldn't look there for any reason as long as I came back. Writing those letters were very hard and very emotional but so many people die unexpectedly and never get to say goodbye and I thought that if for some reason I didn't return that my family would treasure those letters because it was a goodbye from me. What I learned from writing those letters is that we get so caught up in our daily lives with work, school, etc that we don't always get to do everything we want and I would not say that death scares me but I would say that I am sure that it will come sooner than any of us want it to. If you went to the doctor tomorrow and was told you had terminal cancer, would you be scared of death or just scared because you are not ready to die?

poet Anonymous

I think everybody is scared of death only because they will leave their loved ones  and there will not be able to see all the beauty in the world with there eyes  but the beauty of death is that we all come to be a part of that Beauty in the world once again but in a different form .
At the end of the day nobody wants to die but you have to that's it it's the only guarantee you have.

Raymat
Strange Creature
Joined 19th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1

Death is inevitable and we don't know when it's gonna knock cause for a fact it doesn't knock. If your fear the truth then automatically, you will fear death. I don't think one should fear what he or she do not know.

Takue
Poetically_insane
Lost Thinker
Zimbabwe
Joined 13th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2

Personally am afraid of the unknown
What lies on the other side is still a mystery

poet Anonymous

Black inescapable silence and peace. discontented from life, like being put under by an anaesthetist and never waking up. Are we the only animal that fears death? Or is the very act of keeping alive by eating drinking and breathing a subconscious fear of death prevalent in every living organism? Can you talk to the dead to find out what its like? Has a ghost if it exists ever told the living what its like to be dead?

I think that those who fear death to such an extent that they are constantly thinking about it are already dead.
Occasionally I think about death and my own mortality, as occasionally as I think about people in other countries or the planet Mars. But to fear death in my opinion is a waste of your life. Whether you believe in an after life or whether your an atheist.  

JD4
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 23rd Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 15

Death outa' be scared of me.

RuNe
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 18th July 2017
Forum Posts: 11

I am not afraid to die. I am waiting and welcoming it, the sooner the better but I don't want to take my own life. That is not for me to take, even in my deepest pain.

always0am
Strange Creature
Joined 25th Jan 2018

It will come off as completely emo and stereotypical, but I guess it won't be so bad. I mean, it will be hard for people who have to live through the loss, I guess. But for those who are dead, it's nothing. I don't know. I guess death is neither easy nor difficult, it simply is nothing cause once you're off, there are pretty rare chance that you'll still be around to feel that you're not existing, right? I guess it's just the idea of not existing that scares the crap out of us.

poet Anonymous

I'm scared
Death is the crow on the fence.
I like your comment!!!!

Lonelyanongirl
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 2nd Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 6

I’m not afraid of death when referring to myself. I’m afraid of what’s going to die while I’m still alive. But I want you to stop what you’re doing for a minute. Try to imagine nonexistence. You don’t exist in any form, physical, spiritual, nothing. Can’t do it? I personally believe that’s because existing in the physical world isn’t all there is. You can form your own opinion on what that something else is, but I believe we all exist for eternity, somewhere.

SPYRO6
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Feb 2018

I do fear death but I am so eager to face god himself to confront him why he would play such a game... Life was never a test... It was a sik fuked up game.  Jesus Christ has my respect bkuz he died to leave us with forgiveness and faith.  But the creator of man can kiss my fukin ass. <excuse my language> Awesome question for debates though!

Austin_Rura
Austin Rura
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 327

I think there are three words that matter in a conversation such as this; Life, death and survival. Personally my days are filled with survival and living has been placed on the back burner. I don't fear death... I fear not enjoying life before death. I fear a world full of fear of death. I fear a world full of people who, like me, only survive and put off living.

Bernice_Black_01
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 1

Well I'm not afraid of death and sure do believe that we all shouldn't be afraid of it. As death is a reality of life and is something that exists whether we choose to be afraid or unafraid of it. Well as poet and someone who believes in fate leading to destiny, eventually, I've come to see death as an art for everything is art. Well, to me death is the final piece of an artists vision. It's like a painter with a picture in mind and (s)he brings to life the picture into a physical and portrayed manner and when done the portrait must be shared and sold - it's the same with life. My belief is that the purpose of life is for us to express ourselves into physical reality by the thoughts we have of ourselves and the world around us, basically what we suggest to self, and after we've expressed ourselves in a manner seen fit by the source which we originate then it's when we exit the dimension which we've come to occupy. And so I don't see why one should be afraid to do his/her duties of expression and exist.

MsAntiMatter
Lost Thinker
Joined 7th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 8

Way I see it, struggling day after day is not life. So perhaps I will LIVE/LOVE, give and receive better on the other side. I suck at it in this one, what's worse I believe the Gods doesn't hear us, we don't hear them from these egoic pitfalls we call doing what's best for us. This can all feel like a slow death.

Go to page:
Go to: