Go to page:

Should we be really scared of death? are you?

Mashersthe187
Strange Creature
Joined 10th June 2017
Forum Posts: 2

I'm terrified of death!

Gearigon
Cognitive Ignition
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 22nd Feb 2015
Forum Posts: 43

To me death is just a word.  And a shitty old friend.

Warlord
Lost Thinker
Ireland
Joined 21st Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 31

To me .duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather .
Says it all we live for those we love

SamiBmuse
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 9th July 2017
Forum Posts: 63

Death is nothing to fear, I personally am not afraid of death, its the leaving the ones you love behind that hurts the heart. When my time comes, I will have no choice about it, so why fear it? until then I am going to live and try to find my happiness.

Postmortal
Twisted Dreamer
1awards
Joined 9th July 2017
Forum Posts: 36

If you accept that your conscious self dies with the brain as opposed to somehow leaving the body at death then there is nothing past dying to fear. So do I fear death? No. Do I fear dying? Yes.  

Gemini
Geminitalian
Fire of Insight
United States 9awards
Joined 28th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 1378

To begin with, I have been scientifically dad a few times due to my past drug abuse and revived back to life.

Even before that though I was not afraid of death? It's going to happen and there's nothing we can do to stop it so why bother fearing it.  I believe that I know where I came from and I know that where I'm going after death, my soul is going I should say. So I can't say whether you should or should not be afraid of death because I don't know what your believe system is only you can answer that question for yourself.

poet Anonymous

I do not fear death
Only how I will die

Drowning, fire, shot, stabbed
Yeah that's what grips me

Still even in death I will produce life
to filter and fiber the blood of all creatures
unless I'm cremated
I have never seen any ashy zombies

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14281

Warlord said:To me .duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather .
Says it all we live for those we love

Bravo.

UbiquitousVoid
. . . . . . . . .
Thought Provoker
United States 11awards
Joined 11th Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 245

Given how frequently I romanticize it in my writing, no.

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

sometimes, the reaper is the last friend

sometimes I wonder if there is an afterlife...
sometimes I wonder if I want there to be one...
or not.

thespaceworm
Strange Creature
Joined 28th July 2017
Forum Posts: 6

I do not fear death as much as I fear the thought or the action of dying. I just want to die peacefully

AustinMcCoy
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 2

I'm not worried. Why? Because I'll be dead with no conscious. The way I see it is once I'm dead it'll be like before I was born. I didn't remember or know anything then and it'll be the same after. If that's not the case well... I'll be dead so whatever lol

"Reality is merely an illusion"

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

It's not death I'm afraid of, it's being forgotten. I have no children. Not long after I'm dead most of the people I know will be gone too. There will be no one to remember me. I will be nothing, and that scares me. I have hopes my poetry will survive after I'm gone. But I'm not famous so my words will eventually vanish and it will be as if I never existed.
JJ

Zach_of_all_trades
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 17th Apr 2017
Forum Posts: 14

I do not fear the inevitable. Therefore I do not fear death. I accept death as part of the deal of being human. I do not wish to die anytime soon. But I do not cower in its presence either. Some people fear death so much they forget to live. That is a terrible tragedy.

GChordBlues
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 3rd Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 22

I do not fear death, simply because I believe there's nothing after. Kinda like pulling the plug on a computer and leaving it off. Hard to fear something when I won't even realize it happened.

Go to page:
Go to: