Go to page:

Should we be really scared of death? are you?

poet Anonymous

That is so exactly right. I feel like I have pissed my life away and now I am numbing it with whiskey. Perhaps this is not a productive approach. Anyway.................your comment is dead on.

Heezy_Voice
Lost Thinker
Nigeria
Joined 19th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 1

This can be a good thing.
fear helps you make reasoned choices and minimise risky behaviour. A moderate fear of death can also encourage you to live life fully and motivate you to achieve success in your chosen field.
For some however, the fear of dying is so strong it can interfere with everyday life.
My view though.

ratcat
rat
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 7th Feb 2019
Forum Posts: 2

KDAmB said:Should we be really scared of death? are you? has anyone made peace with the fact that it might come anytime and are they ready to face it? let's be honest here and see everyone's perspectives on this inevitable fact.

Life is systematic. We live, we die. We may live again, and we may die again. If you do not die, others will.  Every minute a baby is born and another life ceases to be.
Death should never be feared but that will never stop anyone from being aghast upon the mere idea. It is completely natural albeit problematic.
Our perceptions have an important toll on our emotions as well. We often see nothing except terror in the unknown. Knowledge is power and without it we are frail.
We should embrace death, though. Would you rather accept something that is bound to happen or live with the anxiety?

I apologize if this seems abrupt, but I have to go. I am on an unfortunate time crunch, haha.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

No! I was dead for billions of years before this "I" came into existence...when "I" die all these recycled atoms will be recycled again...the Daoist law of reversal.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

My atoms recycled the Daoist law of reversal...😋

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Scared of the dying process

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

I would miss people in my life and my ability to do things, but I am not afraid of dying. I wrote a poem about it recently called 'Final Hour'. Every year at Yom Kippur, we pray and act as if we may not make it through the next day. It is customary to ask for forgiveness, make sure your debts are discharged, to abstain from food, drink, and other things as well. An angel (and a dead person) has no need or use for such things. All I would ask for is a peaceful death, so I could leave with no pain and suffering, to lessen the pain of those I would be leaving behind.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

As you say nobody really knows, I prefer the concept of the black page, truly the end of all suffering

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I do know Buddha's view is right for some , wrong for others

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Most Gods are manmade concepts of hell run the gamut between death and hell is just finally dying with separation from God to the eternal torturing of the should - these have been used to create a climate of fearing death and punishment designed for men (religious leaders) to obtain wealth, power and sex. fear of death and hell has no logic, no sense, it shouldn't enter our heads

Fetchitnow
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 20th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 156

Ditto.

I’m just afraid of the act and thought of dying, for I won’t think once I’m dead and that’s a fact.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

LastofKind
Strange Creature
Joined 8th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 8

That's how I hope I meet the omega, so the alpha and everything in between finally makes sense.

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

I've been hooked on death. This life has made no sense to me. Lately I have started practicing Vipassana. Death is an experience I look forward to, in time.

Go to page:
Go to: