Go to page:

Should we be really scared of death? are you?

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 776

Hi, Blackwolf

I hear you, man, loud and clear.  Respect due.

Obviously, -- as is to be expected -- different opinions will populate this forum.  God Himself allows free will!  The reason I share my opinion is that it speaks to my personal conviction.  Moreover, there may be someone looking for a kind of hope not found among the other posts here; someone who is receptive because he/she is of like mind, who finds consolation.  The Bible states that "...the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:  for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

Truth is, nobody has the ability to judge the heart of another.  Man judges the outward appearance, but God judges the heart.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Respect Back...

I just do not agree anyone / thing is our judge as a "higher power" ,

nor did someone / thing give me "free will" as a gift...

Now , I do believe there are many gods and goddesses ,

created by energy and belief in them...

Some , I choose to interact with , some not...

But none "own" me , and I always have the option to not

believe or interact with them with no "penalty"...

Always remember...sharing info is different than *stating*

something as a *fact* , such as "God Himself allows free will! " ,

or "God judges the heart"...

That is where it intrudes on someone else's beliefs...IMO

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Me again, Blackwolf.

For you there are no absolutes, then?
The things I believe are my absolutes, my facts.  Surely, you are not deprived of your own beliefs when I state mine?

How do you suppose you came about:  what is the source of your origin and what is your destination, if any?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

cabcool said:
Obviously, -- as is to be expected -- different opinions will populate this forum.  God Himself allows free will!  The reason I share my opinion is that it speaks to my personal conviction.  Moreover, there may be someone looking for a kind of hope not found among the other posts here; someone who is receptive because he/she is of like mind, who finds consolation.  The Bible states that "...the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:  for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

I don't understand why You don't start Your OWN thread with this subject  and spare us from biblical scripture (I prefer the NLT or NIV to your KJV -- btw)

I believe we had new and old members participating and then you felt LED to proselytize and now this conversation is between You & BW.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

cabcool said:Me again, Blackwolf.

For you there are no absolutes, then?
The things I believe are my absolutes, my facts.  Surely, you are not deprived of your own beliefs when I state mine?

How do you suppose you came about:  what is the source of your origin and what is your destination, if any?

Again, You try to kidnap the original post with Your faith.
I've nothing against Christians (my entire immediate family are) but I dislike pushy preachy people who show no consideration for us who do not share Your beliefs.

Please,
start Your own thread and take all of this there.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

KDAmB said:Should we be really scared of death? are you? has anyone made peace with the fact that it might come anytime and are they ready to face it? let's be honest here and see everyone's perspectives on this inevitable fact.

attempting to bump this original over the proselytizing and confronting banter.

Let's get back to what we were sharing about?

solanaceae
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 17th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 16

“And I am not frightened of dying
Any time will do, I don't mind
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime —
If you can hear this whispering you are dying”
- Pink Floyd; The Great Gig in the Sky

Here are some of my thoughts:

I’m more afraid of having a painful death than anything. Of course, I have my fair share of existential crises too, but yeah, none can escape the end. I’m kinda afraid that I’m going to find out I have some kind of illness or something, even though I’m young. But that’s just the hypochondriac in me talking.

Sometimes, I wish I was religious so that I might believe that I’d go to heaven or something, so that I could have some kind of comfort in knowing what might happen. Sadly, that’s not going to happen so I just have to find out some other way to cope. I seriously have no idea what will happen when I die, and I just kinda have to be okay with that.

I think one of the best ways of looking at death is to just accept that you will be returning to the “life force” (or however you want to put it.) You’re gonna become one with the earth again. That’s kinda amazing if you think about it, the whole ‘circle of life’ thing.

I guess it also makes me feel relieved to know that so many others have died before me, and if they did it - so can I. (I know that seems rather silly, but it helps me for some reason.)

Anyways, yeah. There you go.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Hi, Tallen

I mean no harm to you or anyone else; I simply saw the discussion, considered it interesting, and thought I'd share my opinion.  If I have violated the forum rules, which have not been stated, please forgive me.  I have no intention of hijacking the subject.   The context I've given is to enable me to return to the question and say whether I am afraid of death and why or why not.  I have one final piece to post and then I'll be done with this.  Is that fine with you?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

cabcool said:Hi, Tallen

I mean no harm to you or anyone else; I simply saw the discussion, considered it interesting, and thought I'd share my opinion.  If I have violated the forum rules, which have not been stated, please forgive me.  I have no intention of hijacking the subject.   The context I've given is to enable me to return to the question and say whether I am afraid of death and why or why not.  I have one final piece to post and then I'll be done with this.  Is that fine with you?

Fine.

Just no preaching Your faith.

I was tempted to do as You have done but resisted as my journey should not influence or taint another's..........but this is me

Say Your peace and go in peace, Brother

& Please start Your own thread -- I'd be more than willing to participate in such a topic as I was raised Christian.  I have many shares with respect to that belief system.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Hi, Tallen

Heads up to you.  Thanks for softening your tone:  I believe you understand that I really mean no offence.  Gee, I've never started a thread of my own but maybe I will take your advice and do that one of these days.  True to my word (I have your permission, I believe), I will post my final installment (just to round off my contribution) and then give my direct answer to the original thread.  Okay?

NB  Everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord is called to be a witness:  “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me." (Isaiah 43:10 NIV)

I go in peace and hope I leave you the same.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Placing death in context
I posted part three yesterday.  This is the final part.

God will transform the living righteous, who will be caught up with the risen righteous to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).  The brightness of the Lord’s coming will slay the living unrighteous (2 Thessalonians 2:8).  After that, there will be neither righteous nor unrighteous persons alive in the earth, which will become desolate (Jeremiah 4:23-26).  The Lord will confine Satan, along with his angels, to the earth for a thousand years, with no one to tempt (Revelation 20:1, 2; 2 Peter 2:4).

During the thousand years, the saints (transformed righteous) will judge the unrighteous (1 Corinthians 6:2).  When the millennium ends, the unrighteous will rise, the devil and his angels will be loosed, and all will receive their final reward of total destruction (Revelation 20:5).  They will freely confess that God has been fair and just in doing all He could to save them and they will agree that, by their own choice, they rejected His free salvation (Philippians 2:10, 11; Revelation 20:9,15 ). God will create a beautiful new world and He will dwell with His people forever in the Holy City, New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:1-3).

-30-

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Should we be really scared of death? are you?

If I should live without Christ and die without Him, I should have every reason to be scared of death.
However, because of His forgiveness and grace, I live in Him.  Hence, I am not afraid of death...

…Nor am I ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

solanaceae said:
“And I am not frightened of dying
Any time will do, I don't mind
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime —
If you can hear this whispering you are dying”
- Pink Floyd; The Great Gig in the Sky

Here are some of my thoughts:

I’m more afraid of having a painful death than anything. Of course, I have my fair share of existential crises too, but yeah, none can escape the end. I’m kinda afraid that I’m going to find out I have some kind of illness or something, even though I’m young. But that’s just the hypochondriac in me talking.

Sometimes, I wish I was religious so that I might believe that I’d go to heaven or something, so that I could have some kind of comfort in knowing what might happen. Sadly, that’s not going to happen so I just have to find out some other way to cope. I seriously have no idea what will happen when I die, and I just kinda have to be okay with that.

I think one of the best ways of looking at death is to just accept that you will be returning to the “life force” (or however you want to put it.) You’re gonna become one with the earth again. That’s kinda amazing if you think about it, the whole ‘circle of life’ thing.

I guess it also makes me feel relieved to know that so many others have died before me, and if they did it - so can I. (I know that seems rather silly, but it helps me for some reason.)

Anyways, yeah. There you go.

I think You got this!  You got a handle on this gig called death.

When we worry about death we often rob ourselves the zeal that can be had in living.

It's like when I tell my friends about how I don't want to know my future......
it will rob my zeal and surprises (sychronicity) in my life.  

Rachelleundrgrd
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 17th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 80

I think that once my kids are grown, I will fear not the act of dying itself, but the leaving them behind. Once they are older, I feel like that goes away and I will no longer be scared. But, man life is so amazing, I am not in a hurry to get there, either!

melskoot
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 1

I think someone said something similar to what I'm about to say but for everyone it's different. And by that I don't know … but for me, fearing death is just basically fear of not fully truly living out your life yet. Because lets be honest, we all have plans and dreams that we have and to not be able to get there before we die is … "fEARING" … FEAR OF NOT TRULY LIVING

Go to page:
Go to: