Go to page:

Should we be really scared of death? are you?

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 930

I used to fear death much more than I do now. At this point in my life it's just another fear of the unknown, and I don't have time or energy to dwell on that.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2294

I've never feared death.
I actually tried to speed up the process many times.

I have an insatiable thirst for everything new.  There is always something new to learn, to taste. . .to experience.
Death is just another "new" for me to experience.

My only hope when it's time to go
is that I am at peace (or happy) so positive karma will accompany me on the journey.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

At this point I am prone to think that death would be a relief. Can't say it out loud - my family would kill me. But, if I died right now it would be such a waste of opportunity. A life pissed away quite methodically. I want the relief, just not sure I'm ready to be dead yet. Not afraid of death, only afraid of suffering.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 930

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I totally feel this. I have always feared choking/suffocation. I tend to choke easily, so the fear is based on numerous experiences. Regarding your last sentence, I often times think of a) how happy I am that I have life insurance, and b) how ineffective it would be after a number of years (not a super huge payout, my kids are young).

Ashtal_Leb_Azure
Lost Thinker
Greece
Joined 9th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 3

I rather be dead than to suffer from reality. But thinking about feelings of others is what gets me scared.

SaloKaviar
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 2nd Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 9

I'm not afraid of death because I have witnessed it. I can honestly say right now that I would welcome my own death.

poet Anonymous

In so much as fear of death immobilizes, if it arrives sooner there is less of a loss because maybe you were afraid to live.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 774

I would like to put death in context.  Let us consider this my first installment.

The Creator of the universe did not intend that man should die but He set limits by which man should live.  God created Adam without sin; rather than making him a robot, God gave him the power of choice because true loyalty comes only by free will.  Adam had the potential to sin but he also had the potential to do well.  Satan planted the seeds of death when he tempted Adam to eat of the tree of knowledge, which meant disobedience to God.  God had warned Adam that in the day that he ate of that tree, he would surely die.

DeadiAm
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 10th Nov 2017
Forum Posts: 9

The Last Time I Died

The fear of death doesn't catch my throat.
I have lived over lives without number.
Death seems as familiar
as the embrace of an old friend.  

To feel that icy fog in my throat,
the mist in my face.
When the snows begin, and the winds denote.
Closer now to that ever dreary place.

The darkness of the night, and press of the storm.
The post of the dead where death awaits,
the arch fear in visible form.

Where life and or time will go.
For the journey is over, and summit attained.
Where the barriers to life fall.

I would dislike that death blinded my sight, and forbore,
and by me creep past.
I wish to taste the whole of it, as done by my peers.
The heroes of old.

For sudden, the worst move the best.
The black minute is at end.
The elements that rage, the voices that rave,
shall dwindle, shall bend and change.

Shall become first a piece out of pain.

Then a light clutched in thy bosom.
Oh, the soul of my soul, the ancient of my heart,
I shall clasp thee again.
Written by DeadiAm
Go To Page  

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Placing death in context
I posted part one yesterday.  This is part two.

From Adam’s day to ours, there has been a succession of falls, each greater than the last.  The sin of man has brought decay, deformity, and death.  As soon as there was sin, however, there was a Saviour.  Christ knew that He would have to suffer, yet He became man’s substitute.  He would place His feet in Adam’s steps to demonstrate that man could live without sin.  Hence, God did not enforce the death penalty at once.  Physical death is different from spiritual death:  the first is temporal, the second eternal.  Those who have accepted the Gospel message and received Christ as their personal Saviour have no fear of the first death, which can kill the body but not the soul.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Placing death in context
I posted part two yesterday.  This is part three.

A dead person is just like someone asleep.  He or she is in a state of suspended rest, knowing nothing anymore (Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 146:4).  Each person who dies sleeps in his grave in unconsciousness until the resurrection (John 5:28-29; Daniel 12:2).  The day is coming when all those in their graves shall hear the voice of the Lord and come forth.  The righteous shall come forth to the resurrection of life and the unrighteous to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28, 29).  At Jesus’ 2nd coming, there will be four groups of people:

1) the righteous who are dead
2) the righteous who are alive          
3) the wicked who are dead and
4) the wicked who are alive.

In the next installment, I will explain what happens to each group.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Not Scared Of Death...

Death To Me Is A Beautiful Woman In A Vertigo Comic , Sister To Sandman...

Not Scared Of Any God...F**k God , I Am A God , Awake From Amnesia...

I Shall Choose Which Way I Go From Here...

No One Shall Get In My Way...

If You Can Not Party Hearty When I Cross Over , Don't Bother Comin' To My Wake...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwgjM-teND8

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

As I Have Always Said To My Open Minded Christian Friends...

After Jesus' Second Coming , Mary Magdalene Asked :

" Is That All You Have To Give " ?

Go to page:
Go to: