Go to page:

Are dark and morbid imaginings wrong? Are you really insane?

elise0622
Jinx
Lost Thinker
Joined 23rd Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 29

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Are you a bad person if when your mind wonders off or when you write you find yourself in a place of torture and darkness. Like if you write things that may be considered morbid and disturbing evil or sick. Does that mean your mentally ill? Is it normal to have an interest in torture blood and gore and to start shaking or having somewhat twisted thoughts when seeing a sharp blade knife chainsaw....ect? Because I've seen people give other's alot of shit about things like that especially when they read something that may or may not be questionable. They automatically think your a psycho and insane and what not.

composedWITHrazors
Blade Artist
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom 6awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 84

Its all very subjective. i think and write a lot of stuff that may be considered questionable. First of all fuck the thought police. We are not living in orwells 1984 distopion future just yet!
We are all human we have thoughts that really cant be curbed. They just run around our heads like angry kids hopped up on pop/soda filled with E numbers.
I fantasise about causing harm to every person from my past who has damaged me in one way or another. Will I act on it?
No unfortunatly not.
Why?
Because as life moves on the pain they caused becomes less relevent to what is going on in the here and now. I think we are shaped as people by the positive aspects of our lives and the negative. Do some people deserve a chainsaw up the ass? Probably. Are we better than that? I hope so.

This was a very brave share on your part. If you were a "psycho" I do not think you would have waved a flag out with this thread.

Talk to me.

add my shit up composedWITHrazors

elise0622
Jinx
Lost Thinker
Joined 23rd Sep 2016

I don't find it brave because honestly there's nothing brave about it but thanx anyway..........

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Tristy
Sredni Vashtar
Twisted Dreamer
France 1awards
Joined 18th May 2014
Forum Posts: 76

Your thoughts do not define you, your actions do. Morbid and dark thoughts are often obsessionnal, in my case anyway, which is often just the result of neurosis. And NO, being neurotic is NOT a mental illness. In fact, it's the most sane a person can be, because basically every one that's not either psychotic or a psychopath is at least neurotic. Noone is completely sane, trauma-free and with pure thoughts, don't worry. I sometimes think about how it would feel to remove someone's eyeball with a spoon, I've tried to imagine how it would feel to peel my own heel with a really sharp knife, I like to imagine different ways to torture people... But that's just a wandering imagination. It doesn't mean I'm going to actually do it.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2400

I write some fucked up shit. But that doesnt necessarily mean I want to do it nor have it done to me. Some yes. Would I bitch slap the woman/man  eyeballin me in the 3rd row....totally. Would I stab you and watch you bleed to death...Never. But I would most definitely write about it. Theres a difference. I think you cross a line when you act out your "thoughts" that would be considered sick or psychotic. Read random poems in the DARK category....Some are better than others and some are down right crazy. Do I think any of the poets are nuts? Na, just me. <3

DaddyPhantom
DaddyPhantomPhotoTron
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 21st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 41

This is actually and issue that criminal justice and mental health professionals have been at odds about over the last five years or so. Since the case of "The Cannibal Cop" in New York, the question of: Are morbid fantasies a gateway for treacherous behavior? Should people like the "Cannibal Cop", be prosecuted by law for having these thoughts?
In my opinion, we have plenty of people in this country that actually DO morbid ish' on an everyday basis with impunity (until later when he's caught for being a serial killer). I'd rather focus on the next door neighbor's 10 year old who likes to bash small animals with rocks, than someone like you who has actually found a way to express those thoughts creatively.
But that's just me.

DaddyPhantom
DaddyPhantomPhotoTron
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 21st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 41

Tristy said:Your thoughts do not define you, your actions do. Morbid and dark thoughts are often obsessionnal, in my case anyway, which is often just the result of neurosis. And NO, being neurotic is NOT a mental illness. In fact, it's the sanest a person can be, because basically everyone that's not either psychotic or a psychopath is at least neurotic. Noone is completely sane, trauma-free and with pure thoughts, don't worry. I sometimes think about how it would feel to remove someone's eyeball with a spoon, I've tried to imagine how it would feel to peel my own heel with a really sharp knife, I like to imagine different ways to torture people... But that's just a wandering imagination. It doesn't mean I'm going to actually do it.
I agree with most of what you're saying, but "Your thoughts do not define you" is not something that I can get down with. "I think therefore I am". "I think like a Republican, therefore I am one". Now if you think like a Dominatrix, those thoughts must define you the moment you suit up because if they didn't, your client list would be really small. Rob Zombie probably lives a relatively normal life but has morbid thoughts that could scare children. Are those the thoughts that he goes to his 5-year-old nephew's birthday party with? Probably not. But if our thoughts don't define us what does? Some other person's thoughts. Oops I, just described 85% of society. Never mind.

poet Anonymous

I'll use the same argument here as I use for Tarot cards. Tarot cards are harmless pieces of printed cardboard. Whether they are bad or not, depends on you as a person. And so it is with thoughts.

I ADORE serial killer documentaries and books. I'm genuinely fascinated about what makes people tick like that. How the human mind works in extremes. Does it mean I'm going to go out and kill 20 people? Absolutely not. It's your mind, and you have control over it.

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

personally I think it is the lack of impulse control not the thoughts that end up with a negative outcome....my mind is like silly puddy on steroids but I have good impulse control so I do not act on these thoughts...psychopaths do not have a filter to control impulses ...

elise0622
Jinx
Lost Thinker
Joined 23rd Sep 2016

If thoughts don't define you and if actions speak louder then words then is it possible that what people see in other's around them are just masks and shells just covering up what festers on the inside.......but that's what gets me thoughts don't define you but if your constantly envisioning causing others harm what does that make you......yeah i know if you don't act your fine but what about if the control you think you have slips because it's all an illusion?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

can you jot down in fifty words of less the contents of your last chain of thoughts relating to " those thoughts "  

just to give us an idea of what kind of depraved thoughts run through your head

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Better to recognise the darkness and turn away from it than let it rule you.
The dark and morbid and violent thoughts are wrong because they are wrong when fulfilled in action; they hurt and harm and are not good or useful. As thoughts they are still bad because they are connected to an essence of 'what if' and actual action, but they are not quite the same; still not useful if acted on but not something anyone should be judged and found guilty of in the same way as actual crime or evil.
Thought crime also leads down the possible path of repression: that simply thinking about the dark things is a crime but that denial and repression makes them even more desirable and needed to be fulfilled in action.

People still seem to judge others by ego or id, not superego: by what a person does or what their base self wants and needs rather than the better-than-human version they try to represent. In other words, we all know we are all shit on some level, but we can live with that. Better to know evil, the devil, and your flaws, than try to be perfect and go mad in attempt or succeed but only through endless lies and cover-ups.

What makes people insane is not having an outlet, not being understood, and having people tell them they are insane when they believe themselves to be sane. Self-fulfilling idiocy and all that: that the bad thing happens because fate kept being tempted.

If you are worrying about the leash slipping on the beast inside, then that is a good sign of vigilance but also a bad sign of worry; of needless worry. (Considering the many other problems it is a rather easy/comfortable/safe worry to have, but that does not diminish the importance of it.) So many things can turn out to be an illusion when they change or break, but trying to see behind all the curtains leads to true madness. We need some wizards behind the curtains so that we can get on with some stuff once in a while.

I think that it is the people who think they are fine who are the most dangerous. I could go on a lot more but it would turn into an even longer ramble and soliloquy rather than a conversation or discussion.

elise0622
Jinx
Lost Thinker
Joined 23rd Sep 2016

lepperochan said:can you jot down in fifty words of less the contents of your last chain of thoughts relating to " those thoughts "  

just to give us an idea of what kind of depraved thoughts run through your head

burning others alive
smashing someones head in until brains splatter
chop them up into pieces
some days just wanting to punch a child in the face because they piss me off
ready to cut people up
peel someones skin off then poor boiling hot water on them
carving into another's skin
and just wanna play in a pool of blood for no apparent reason
................oh and just stab others or...........myself for the hell of it

elise0622
Jinx
Lost Thinker
Joined 23rd Sep 2016

Viddax said:Better to recognise the darkness and turn away from it than let it rule you.
The dark and morbid and violent thoughts are wrong because they are wrong when fulfilled in action; they hurt and harm and are not good or useful. As thoughts they are still bad because they are connected to an essence of 'what if' and actual action, but they are not quite the same; still not useful if acted on but not something anyone should be judged and found guilty of in the same way as actual crime or evil.
Thought crime also leads down the possible path of repression: that simply thinking about the dark things is a crime but that denial and repression makes them even more desirable and needed to be fulfilled in action.

People still seem to judge others by ego or id, not superego: by what a person does or what their base self wants and needs rather than the better-than-human version they try to represent. In other words, we all know we are all shit on some level, but we can live with that. Better to know evil, the devil, and your flaws, than try to be perfect and go mad in attempt or succeed but only through endless lies and cover-ups.

What makes people insane is not having an outlet, not being understood, and having people tell them they are insane when they believe themselves to be sane. Self-fulfilling idiocy and all that: that the bad thing happens because fate kept being tempted.

If you are worrying about the leash slipping on the beast inside, then that is a good sign of vigilance but also a bad sign of worry; of needless worry. (Considering the many other problems it is a rather easy/comfortable/safe worry to have, but that does not diminish the importance of it.) So many things can turn out to be an illusion when they change or break, but trying to see behind all the curtains leads to true madness. We need some wizards behind the curtains so that we can get on with some stuff once in a while.

I think that it is the people who think they are fine who are the most dangerous. I could go on a lot more but it would turn into an even longer ramble and soliloquy rather than a conversation or discussion.

so your saying insanity comes from sanity trying so hard to fit in to society ...........makes sense quite honestly...................

Go to page:
Go to: