Go to page:

Selective "Glitch"

poet Anonymous

The last couple of days some of us have been questioning the reason the following thread hasn't been showing up in the forum as one posts in real time.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/9227/1365/
And just now i contributed in the following comp and it failed to show up in the forum as all threads show up when one posts immediately.
(Unless of course, its hidden by the mods and only the one's who have access (subscribed) to it can see and comment.)

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9437/

At this point given the fact that both the comp and the thread was created by a certain member who couple of the mods have had issues with recently, it no longer seems random.

The question therefore is, why can the person be seperated by the threads themselves given the fact that both were created with good intentions and most of us have been enjoying them greatly including some mods themselves chiming in now and then?

To be given the reason, as was suggested previously that it is visible to the ones who have subscribtion to it is fallibale because most contribute to threads when they login/see in the forum rather then search in their updates where eventually it loses interests and dies away.  
Let's keep in mind most fun threads are fun because of different interractions with random members, and not playing ping-pong with the same 2-3 people in a hidden room.  

By posting this thread i'm truly hoping that out of the 9 mods (if my numbers are correct) that the other 7 mods can give us an objective explanation to this issue other than ML (who has been kind enough to acknowledge at best of her ability) and Av.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

There are supposed to be 9 supreme court justices
But there are only 8.
This may have some bearing

If we take the bull by the horns...
However google news has pulled out of spain...
Which leaves the friek weather on both the east and west coasts and the recent long term weather outlook for europe which will experience massive cooling.....

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

I'm just guessing that perhaps all threads started by accounts that were later banned result in this.

If so, then it isn't selective, but rather a bug of sorts in the forum software utilized by the Mistress.

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

JohnnyBlaze said:I'm just guessing that perhaps all threads started by accounts that were later banned result in this.

yeah...point is...separate the thread from the person if it is enjoyed by the community as a whole...to do other wise is silliness and a tad extreme to "wipe-out" an existence ..(just bad form) .this is the first time it's been seen with members who have been expelled.
Other threads have lived since dawn of time-Who cares who created it.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

souladareatease said:

yeah...point is...separate the thread from the person if it is enjoyed by the community as a whole...to do other wise is silliness and a tad extreme to "wipe-out" an existence ..(just bad form) .this is the first time it's been seen with members who have been expelled.
Other threads have lived since dawn of time-Who cares who created it.

Then I suggest someone test other older threads created by other expelled members to see if this issue extends to all banned accounts.

If that is the case, the Mistress might be able to rewrite a bit of software code to rectify the problem.

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012

JohnnyBlaze said:

Then I suggest someone test other older threads created by other expelled members to see if this issue extends to all banned accounts.

If that is the case, the Mistress might be able to rewrite a bit of software code to rectify the problem.

Lets hope..I really hate to see a "Orwellian Underground"
Transforming to  a sanitized realm  is not why I joined or chose to stick around.

If other threads disappeared from banned members-they probably weren't noticed or popular in any way...these are rather current and being put to use.  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

souladareatease said:

Lets hope..I really hate to see a "Orwellian Underground"
Transforming to  a sanitized realm  is not why I joined or chose to stick around.

If other threads disappeared from banned members-they probably weren't noticed or popular in any way...these are rather current and being put to use.  

My money is on it just being a simple bug that was never noticed until recently.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

JohnnyBlaze said:

I agree that this could be the issue and I'll pass word onto the Webmiss to have a look. There has been no hiding or moving of threads, and again, as long as you can find it in your updates until we figure out what's going on, that will have to suffice.

Vee :
Other mod's --not all of our team is currently active or as active as some, so whoever happens to be online at any given time, is who will respond . If input is requested from all the mod's, then I'd recommend messaging each, individually, as they'll see that sooner than a thread that may have dropped away by the time some of them come back around.

As said in the previous discussion in another thread, one can always restart a new installment of the thread in question, if it's important to have it in the current feed, until the issue is resolved. Timeframe for that, unfortunately, I can't dictate or pinpoint .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Vee said:
And just now i contributed in the following comp and it failed to show up in the forum as all threads show up when one posts immediately.
(Unless of course, its hidden by the mods and only the one's who have access (subscribed) to it can see and comment.)

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9437/

JohnnyBlaze said:

It is showing up for me - both in the forum as the most recent post and is listed as the latest post in the Competition Forum.

However, it is not showing up in the list of "Latest Forum Discussions" at the bottom of the page.

poet Anonymous

ML, I believe most members who have been quite active in Q&Q have expressed the desire to keep that original thread present and active in the forum and accessible to all as long as possible till it's truly exhausted.  

At the moment that particular thread is 92 pages and for reference purposes i just checked the 4 letter thread got locked at 229 pages and Anagrams at 180 therefore the Q&Q has long ways to reach the point of storing away.

If it is a glitch, then no other time then the present to address the issue for simplifying things pressing forward and i hope the webmiss can see into it.

As for the other Mods, It's completely understandable that not all are present at all times but it seems that given the delicate nature of the issue concerning the member in question who started these threads, it would be more than beneficial to have their objective input in this matter, afterall there's a reason to have so many on the board to have fairness and balance.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Vee , I can assure you that this will be passed onto the Webmiss for review as far as a potential and probably software/programming issue.

I'm not sure what the other mod's could possibly contribute to the fact that this is a programming glitch. Yes, we've noticed this because of the status of the member in question, but what can they say? Is everyone looking for some conspiracy or an admission that there's dirty dealings going on in quiet , which there are not?

Some of the mod's have not been active in months, so you'll be waiting a long time, I'm afraid, if you want their input.  Yes, it's unfortunate that anyone should end up with their account in question as said member of delicate situation , but frankly, it's really not very productive to be making a public display of finger pointing and such, with regard to members in that position .

In otherwords, this is a programming issue for the Webmiss to resolve and the rest of us need to not jump to conclusions that there's some ill intent behind it.

poet Anonymous

ML, In all honestly, we were all questioning very quietly on why Q&Q (hidden from the forum, glitch or not) and we were told (paraphrasing here) we can just start a new one dismissively.  
Most of the public didn't have center stage to it since it wasn't showing up in the forum.
If you think this thread is about finger pointing or dirty dealings..(like certain comments mysteriously disappearing from the boiler room thread) you're mistaken.
You can scroll up and see there's nothing in my original plea or thereafter.
My request for other mods to address this particular issue was merely shifting the focus into others who are in position as well to tackle the task of moderating.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Vee said:If you think this thread is about finger pointing or dirty dealings..(like certain comments mysteriously disappearing from the boiler room thread) you're mistaken.

Not that it has anything to do with this topic .....

Posts of ALL banned users are rendered invisible to guests and active members in ALL threads said banned users have posted to.

If you do not want their posts to be rendered invisible, that is an issue you will probably have to take up with the Mistress.

Now that that is cleared up, hopefully your finger can be given a well deserved rest

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012

JohnnyBlaze said:

Not that it has anything to do with this topic .....

Posts of ALL banned users are rendered invisible to guests and active members in ALL threads said banned users have posted to.

If you do not want their posts to be rendered invisible, that is an issue you will probably have to take up with the Mistress.

Now that that is cleared up, hopefully your finger can be given a well deserved rest

Hopefully once again said, it CAN be fixed...again...Frequent used threads deserve it.
another hopeful moment is that this doesn't turn into another troll in the park and tit for tat -tally
Comments mentioned was actually from a standing member of the community who is highly regarded and respected
I Typed this with One finger

Lets bring the purpose back to reactivation of Q&Q  

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

I have indeed sent word to the Webmiss about this, and as far as suggesting to create a new thread, that was not at all flip or dismissive, but rather a sincere attempt to rectify the situation.

The threads in question can be found on everyone's forum catch up as well as being visible, right where they were originally started in their respective forums such as Speakeasy and Comps. They can indeed be accessed by anyone though the actual individual forum, if people want to partake.

The fact that they don't show in the live feed at the bottom of your screen, well, again--word has been sent to the Webmiss and personally I would weigh whether or not this is absolutely necessary, as it does seem as if a reprogram is needed to fix it.

The fact that the threads can be accessed via two different means, by anyone, may or may not influence the work that the Webmiss could have to do, just for a couple of threads.

I was even able to see the threads in their forums, while not even being logged in, so how much of an issue this needs to be, will defer to the Webmiss .

Go to page:
Go to: