Go to page:

how do you stop abusing urself?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

There's a quote that I love that simply says

"one day I woke up, and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. So I changed. Just like that."

It really is as simple and as hard as that. You are the captain of your soul and all that jazz, sweet.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:

It really is as simple and as hard as that.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

It's all joking around... calm down.

Volla
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 27th Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 4

Ignoring everything that is unhealthy to you, be mindful on the healthy stuff and observe the mindfulness closely and respond to the mindful stuff. Walk with the mindfulness.

Jehrnstrom34
Strange Creature
Joined 26th Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 6

I've been dealing with bi polar depression and mental self-abuse for around 10 years now or so.

My "quick reply" would have to suggest that you seek counseling through a professional, chances are you aren't going to find a response that treats this as a one-time solution and you'll be better off with weekly meetings.

My personal experience with self-abuse is not a happy one, nor is it a successful one. I've been telling myself how awful of a person I am for a large portion of the past ten years and I've been screaming interrogatives at the sky for answers that probably don't even exist. There's times where I can easily walk myself through situations, depending on the severity of a personal threat obviously, but that's mostly because I have accepted who I am as a person, rather than trying to be everybody else's Jesse (My name is Jesse lol). It also might just be your paranoia getting the best of you, and if that's the case, I used to close my eyes and visualize myself writing the negative thought down on paper and then burning the paper. In most cases, you probably aren't doing anything wrong and you shouldn't be in a rush to be a "successful" member of society if you can't be a successful mentor to yourself. Mental health has always come first in my life, could just be time to prioritize.

jontSking
Strange Creature
Western Sahara
Joined 3rd Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 3

Things that often help me, when Im in a darker mood (those may sound counterproductive, but for me they work very well): Dont take yourself and your life so serious. Try to visualize yourself from above and see how tiny those problems and your negative emotions really are. Aside from this method from shrinking your own perspective from time to time, what works surprisingly well in a lot of cases is to question yourself. Sure, you may have your problems, you may hate yourself and/or someone else, or at least a part of you may think like that. So actively confront that part. Act as if it were seperate from you at first and ask it what exactly the problem is. Make it verbalize it and work towards union, in the end, mentally reunite with it, no matter if you really do it or not, just ACT as good as you can at first. Then stop thinking about it and repeat at some other time, depending on how you feel. This may require some work to get used to.

Those are methods that i worked out for myself, so an ultimate tip would be: Be creative at dealing with these kind of things. Invent your own methods and see what works for you. If it really goes out of hand ( total loss of control), then go see a professional. But being creative is a good way to go at it and doesnt even have to exclude a psychiatrist.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2456

Ever consider that you take yourself too seriously?  I laugh. A lot. Life is too short to be miserable.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
GChordBlues
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 3rd Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 22

How to stop abusing yourself? Simple. Learn to love yourself, or at least try.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Maybe we should embrace the darkness - make friends with it - it is part of us individually - why view it as wrong or something to be cured - I stopped looking for a cure a short time ago, I found my rage and my dark triggers. I now accept them as part of who I am - Self deprecation is fine, self abuse is not. Being humble is important. Nobody knows you quite like you, only you can make it stop - sometimes you have to be selfish and take care of yourself first :-)

MadelinePender
Strange Creature
Joined 13th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 2

Those who are suffering from depression and anxiety face lot of problems to overcome it. They generally start hurting them-self, whenever they are depressed. It can be difficult for them, but not impossible. And you definitely can't be totally dependent on medications, because it never works. So basically, we have to work on our self itself, you should try changing your behavior, your physical activity, lifestyle, and even your way of thinking. You may also go for some kind of consultation if you are facing a lot of problems to overcome your issue. You may once check out here for more information about it martine-voyance.com/consultation/. They provide proper guidance to individuals and move there life towards positive direction.

Go to page:
Go to: