Go to page:

Can you kill?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

there is no need to personalise this discussion - being human gives us all the right to form our own opinions - end  of :-)))

Play nice :-))))

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

That is unfortunate I would rather you reconsider. Troops have fought in many wars to protect out rights and freedoms, one of those freedoms is freedom of speech and expression - any state lacking those freedoms is a fascistic state.

There are some views here that I also find difficulty with so I either write poetry that sets itself against that or just ignore it

poet Anonymous

If you think about it we all have killed once if we all partaken eating  the of meat we have the blood of cows and chickens on our hands and all the other animals we have killed eat but we all do not think about it like that we have become disconnected from our food and the lives it costs .
Yes animals kill to eat but those animals have sharp fangs and claws to kill with humans don't we cheat and use weapons  there's enough food in our garden to go around we don't need to kill  for food .

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Darksun82 said:If you think about it we all have killed once if we all partaken in eating in the of meat we have the blood of cows and chickens on our hands and all the other animals we have killed eat but we all do not think about it like that we have become disconnected from our food and the lives it costs .
Yes animals kill to eat but those animals have sharp fangs and claws to kill with humans don't we cheat and use weapons  there's enough food in our garden to go around we don't need to kill  for food .

Agreed , Darksun...

I approach it from the perspective of Native Americans and other ancient cultures...

I was a vegan and breatharian in the 1970's...long before vegetarianism , veganism ,

or any other ways became mainstream !

If I eat it , I give thanks to the spirits of what I eat...and if something eats me , then

so be it !

( hopefully they will give thanks for what they eat ! )

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

If that is how you feel then go into your account and delete your poems I am more than willing to have you banned from the site if you don't stop the personal insults I already asked nicely

poet Anonymous

So had to come have a look at this thread after receiving some messages...

Wow this got out of hand quickly. Grow up people - no need for slanging matches, we all have opinions at the end of the day.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Well  I was the moderator if if you think that the insulting behaviour of two members to each other is acceptable I do not - the thread is still active and I will not allow bullying or personal insults to remain in any thread I am in the process of deleting all the drivel - the thread remains active not sure what your point was ?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Lets stop all the childish comments and return to the thread as originated - I will if need be lock the thread if it continues to deteriorate

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

I think everyone should be treated the same if I am to be even handed I am getting rid of comments that are either abusive or off topic. I found what you had to say was interesting, probably agreed with most of it. Please feel free to start a new thread, that would be interesting too :-)

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Ok folks normal service has been resumed and nobody got killed or murdered - please keep this thread going it is fascinating to see other peoples views - but please stay on topic - thank you :-)

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

I thought I had replied to this thread but I haven't

no, I don't think I could intentionally kill someone, not unless there were extenuating circumstances. It seems like a huge emotional burden, and I wouldn't want something like that to be a part of my life experience

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

I think this question is one of these questions the you only really know the answer to when you are in the moment, we ca probably thank fear for  stopping us ordinary Joes from killing people - I also agree that we are all capable give the right buttons pushed in the right order - i hope i never have to find out

Go to page:
Go to: