Go to page:

women's laws cheat men again..

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 417

MaryWalker said:

Men pay more for some auto and life insurance policies because men cost those companies more money than woman. Do as the womenfolk did and petition Congress to create laws against insurance companies doing it. Or petition Congress to repeal the laws against charging women more for health insurance.  Not sure what all the fuss is.

One man does not a petition make.. I am doing what the women folk did and trying to raise awareness and gather like opinions to further my cause.. The fuss is overe having an unpopular opinion...

MaryWalker
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 225

chump said:

One man does not a petition make.. I am doing what the women folk did and trying to raise awareness and gather like opinions to further my cause.. The fuss is overe having an unpopular opinion...

You need to present your case to people who can adjust the laws.  It is from that batch of people that you need like opinions. Here, like opinions amount to little more than signatures on a petition. You might get a handful of signatures here. You are likely to get up to millions of signatures via Facebook and more prominent social media sites. You need to cast your line into a bigger pond than this.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

MaryWalker said:

You need to present your case to people who can adjust the laws.  It is from that batch of people that you need like opinions. Here, like opinions amount to little more than signatures on a petition. You might get a handful of signatures here. You are likely to get up to millions of signatures via Facebook and more prominent social media sites. You need to cast your line into a bigger pond than this.
if I get slammed in the "open and franc debate" section of "the dark side" where would you suggest I go..

MaryWalker
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

chump said:if I get slammed in the "open and franc debate" section of "the dark side" where would you suggest I go..

What's to debate? When the facts are the facts, there is no argument. Debating what requires no convincing would only distract you from actually acomplishing the end result which is fairness, equal treatment, whatever, etc. Facebook is your friend when it comes to acquiring signatures of people who already accept those facts. To engage with those who don't is pointless.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

MaryWalker said:

What's to debate? When the facts are the facts, there is no argument. Debating what requires no convincing would only distract you from actually acomplishing the end result which is fairness, equal treatment, whatever, etc. Facebook is your friend when it comes to acquiring signatures of people who already accept those facts. To engage with those who don't is pointless.

if you look back I have had to debate facts... And engaging those who don't share my opinion is the only way to change them....

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Magnetron said:

I get that you started a thread complaining that men are being treated unfairly. I understood that from your very first post.

And my response to your complaining is that in comparison to women being treated unfairly past and present, you sound RIDICULOUS.  I acknowledge that you have a valid point. You still sound RIDICULOUS.  

Welcome to the Internet where you are allowed to start topics and I'm allowed to present my opinion instead of just agreeing or disagreeing with you or not engaging your opinion at all.

Just as you are more than welcome to rebuke with all manner of RIDICULOUS counter arguments

Hmmm....I think it's actually an age-old ridiculousness, that just keeps getting re-hashed based on what time period it is.  Let's set our Tardis for the Book of Genesis, chapter 3, verses 9-13 where it says:
______________________-
And the LORD God called unto Adam,.....And he said....Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Seems to me, that Man has been blaming the Woman since the beginning of time for his woes.... Eve fesses up and tells God, "Yeah, I screwed up, I did it." and Adam points the finger at Eve and says "It's her fault--she made me do it."

Perhaps if Adam had just admitted he was at fault too, then he and all his descendants wouldn't have had to toil so hard and end up insurance discrimination because of all that pain in childbirth and women's healthcare needs due to the devil pulling the wool over Eve's eyes?  

But hey, I'll bet that even though a woman might not be able to physically do some of the "men's" jobs out there, a man definitely couldn't handle a "woman's" job of giving birth and having your body practically ripped in half to birth men in the first place.  Yeah....we need the better insurance....

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

And then there were 2....
Unless its just another johnny alter altere

Anarchitect
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 21st Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 105

chump said:if you look back I have had to debate facts... And engaging those who don't share my opinion is the only way to change them....

Man, you are wasting your time! BIG Insurance doesn't give a rat's balls about being fair. Any excuse to make you pay more is a good excuse to them. If you are more prone to shitting your pants, Corporate 'Merica will find a way to charge you more for your adult diapers. They'll say it has nothing to do with being male or female. They'll say it's because you possess the LAG. What's that you ask? Why it's the  Loose Anus Gene!  Put you finger in the leaking dyke and another hole will open up. We're sorry to inform you that because you have Type 43B spinal fluid, the risk of your neck snapping from an air bag deployment is increased 168% and we have no choice but to raise your rates and that Type 43B only manifests in men is not our fault.

MaryWalker
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

chump said:if you look back I have had to debate facts... And engaging those who don't share my opinion is the only way to change them....

You established that men are being charged more than women for particular services. It is a fact and not your opinion. It is your opinion that this practice Is unfair, but once upon a time it was fair because women were being charged more for a similar yet completely different service. Your opinion is what is subjective and trying to change the opinion of others is where you keep tripping yourself up. You have opened up a can of worms that wriggle out of your hands as you try to put them back in. Not fair now, was fair then - Johnny points out that it is fair because of other unfairnesses that you brush off as subjective. You should have just stuck with the facts and asked, "Would you please sign my petition to fix this by forcing auto and life insurance companies to treat men and women equally?"

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

MaryWalker said:

You established that men are being charged more than women for particular services. It is a fact and not your opinion. It is your opinion that this practice Is unfair, but once upon a time it was fair because women were being charged more for a similar yet completely different service. Your opinion is what is subjective and trying to change the opinion of others is where you keep tripping yourself up. You have opened up a can of worms that wriggle out of your hands as you try to put them back in. Not fair now, was fair then - Johnny points out that it is fair because of other unfairnesses that you brush off as subjective. You should have just stuck with the facts and asked, "Would you please sign my petition to fix this by forcing auto and life insurance companies to treat men and women equally?"

It's as if you were Magnetron trapped in a woman's body.

I would be turned on if I wasn't him.

Or you.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

MaryWalker said:

I don't agree with the its fair to be unfair now because it was unfair before angle... Or the unfairness never stops....

True equality can not be obtained by enacticing laws against one gender, only by blinding laws completely to sex can it be fair to all..

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

...see, now my unpopular opinion is being partially censored by not showing this thread in the latest forums discussion pane...so that less people will see it

MaryWalker
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

chump said:I don't agree with the its fair to be unfair now because it was unfair before angle... Or the unfairness never stops

That's not what I said. Or what Johnny said. It was suggested that you accept that it is unfair to men just as wage inequality is unfair to women in that it puts them at a disadvantage when it comes to purchasing insurance or anything else for that matter. Despite what you said about there being a law against it, wage inequality still exists. Both sexes are still being penalized, but you only want to acknowledge one.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

MaryWalker said:

That's not what I said. Or what Johnny said. It was suggested that you accept that it is unfair to men just as wage inequality is unfair to women in that it puts them at a disadvantage when it comes to purchasing insurance or anything else for that matter. Despite what you said about there being a law against it, wage inequality still exists. Both sexes are still being penalized, but you only want to acknowledge one.

no I acknowledged that women still make less than men in some areas.
I said that the laws were in place to fix that and would take time to even out not that it wasn't happening.
I just don't acknowledge that pay balance can or should be fixed with an insurance unbalance

MaryWalker
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

chump said:no I acknowledged that women still make less than men in some areas.
I said that the laws were in place to fix that and would take time to even out not that it wasn't happening.
I just don't acknowledge that pay balance can or should be fixed with an insurance unbalance

No one that I am aware of says that one fixes the other. People are saying that both sexes are still being screwed and some people find comfort in the fairness of that. As for wage inequality, laws have been created to address it going on 59 years now.

Overcharging for insurance is a greedy corporate asshole maneuver as Anarchitect previously suggested. It's not a woman versus man issue as you insinuated in your thread's clickbait of a title. It is not a "woman's law". Women aren't cheating men with this law.  Insurance companies have been gouging people in general since the conception of insurance. Women were able to stop women from being gouged in one sector. Men need to stop men from being gouged in another sector and you could do it with the help of women.

You aren't going to get much help from women with anything if you keep creating arguments perpetuating the notion that women are being "given" preferential treatment or advantages in this or that aspect of life, which is why your other thread involving women and the right to vote turned into such a shit storm.

Go to page:
Go to: