Go to page:

sexual abuse and violence against men

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 417

mariekeys said:

Yes, in terms of Hollywood, underdog themes are very popular.

You said that woman-on-man violence is worse than man-on-man violence because man-on-woman violence is worse. This shows a lack of understanding about the underdog theme. You did, after all, begin this discussion talking about Hollywood and the media.

For the rest of it:

The women's suffrage movement in the U.S. began in the 1840s; the nineteenth amendment was ratified in 1920. To say that women didn't fight for that, changing opinions and culture, is laughable.

It was not a gift bestowed upon women by benevolent men who'd just have done it anyway... eventually... maybe.
I also started this with Hollywood influences our culture and asked if it was a problem.. I get the theme I just don't like it being reality...

Lots of people laugh when they can't face the truth

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Here is some more intense research...

The old movie leviathon from the 80's robo cop punches bitch in the face....
Find current controversy online over it...

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Fight..first definition at free dictionary . 1.
a. To attempt to harm or gain power over an adversary by blows or with weapons.
Nag... Dictionary .com

to annoy by persistent faultfinding, complaints, or demands.

You be the judge

poet Anonymous

I think I'll just leave you alone with your irony.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

mariekeys said:I think I'll just leave you alone with your irony. and she laid that golden fiddle on the ground at chumps feet ....you know the rest

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010
Forum Posts: 2329

chump said:Fight..first definition at free dictionary . 1.
a. To attempt to harm or gain power over an adversary by blows or with weapons.
Nag... Dictionary .com

to annoy by persistent faultfinding, complaints, or demands.

You be the judge

i'll just leave this here at your feet.... the rest of the definition that you didn't post:

verb (used without object), fought, fighting.
to engage in battle or in single combat; attempt to defend oneself against or to subdue, defeat, or destroy an adversary.
to contend in any manner; strive vigorously for or against something:

He fought bravely against despair.

verb (used with object), fought, fighting.
to contend with in battle or combat; war against:
England fought Germany.
to contend with or against in any manner:

to fight despair; to fight the passage of a bill.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Ladies, its time to put the feminism away until the house is clean, laundry is done and lunches are made for school tomorrow ....then you can vote on xfactor

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010

lepperochan said:Ladies, its time to put the feminism away until the house is clean, laundry is done and lunches are made for school tomorrow ....then you can vote on xfactor

you are so grounded....

poet Anonymous

chump said:and she laid that golden fiddle on the ground at chumps feet ....you know the rest

Aww, snookums, we both know you'd declare yourself winner no matter what. You go ahead and play that tiny golden violin with my blessing.

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:Ladies, its time to put the feminism away until the house is clean, laundry is done and lunches are made for school tomorrow ....then you can vote on xfactor

I don't watch that one. I prefer The Voice.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Jestalessa said:

i'll just leave this here at your feet.... the rest of the definition that you didn't post:

verb (used without object), fought, fighting.
to engage in battle or in single combat; attempt to defend oneself against or to subdue, defeat, or destroy an adversary.
to contend in any manner; strive vigorously for or against something:

He fought bravely against despair.

verb (used with object), fought, fighting.
to contend with in battle or combat; war against:
England fought Germany.
to contend with or against in any manner:

to fight despair; to fight the passage of a bill.
I did say first definition... As in most accepted, most used...
I've said I just think its too strong a word for what happened....that's the problem... Using the unclear English language and choosing words that may apply in a small, down the list way to achieve a connotative unsaid meaning with its use to further an agenda.... Thank you for being interested to look it up...

Ive got big feet lay away...

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Chump, you are free to express your views and opinions.
But that does not mean people have to even listen or agree with you. Whatever grievances you have with the world, either keep them to yourself or seek professional help for them. This website, and the internet is not your private soap box to scream and rant on.

For the record, the human race relies on a male and female to produce offspring. (Technology may change this but that would be a sort of proto-human.) You may then say that there are recessive and dominant genes, and incorrectly infer that the male ones are dominant. Regardless of the sex of the dominant genes, there is then the fact of atoms: unsexual things made up of positive, negative and neutral. Making mortal distinctions seem rather absurd given that all things are made from matter and interchangeable more or less.

Plus on the note of 'equality', people are not equal. They are unequal, unique and different sets of stuff. Though with that in mind, it is to the advantage of the species to have equality in circumstances, such as: 1. equal pay in positions regardless of sex, race, religion/faith, and background. 2. equal vote: one per person regardless of any other factors. 3. respect and tolerance: regardless of person there must be a basic level of this as the species is a social construct and cannot exist by always indulging the path of the solitary.
There are probably more, but I won't bore you with those for now.

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010

chump said:I did say first definition... As in most accepted, most used...
I've said I just think its too strong a word for what happened....that's the problem... Using the unclear English language and choosing words that may apply in a small, down the list way to achieve a connotative unsaid meaning with its use to further an agenda.... Thank you for being interested to look it up...

Ive got big feet lay away...

no bother, i like to check "facts"... Dictionary.com is on my tool bar anyway.

and HAH! how was any of what was said unclear? none of us were unclear in what we meant... but i believe you took a single word and put your own spin on it, exactly what you're accusing any of us of doing. a word that was not used in an unclear context, but was twisted by your 'playing dumb'... or whatever it was you were doing to try to make a moot, (or maybe just circular) point.

but aye, we can fetch more information if you need it. just giz a shout [:

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Viddax said:Chump, you are free to express your views and opinions.
But that does not mean people have to even listen or agree with you. Whatever grievances you have with the world, either keep them to yourself or seek professional help for them. This website, and the internet is not your private soap box to scream and rant on.

For the record, the human race relies on a male and female to produce offspring. (Technology may change this but that would be a sort of proto-human.) You may then say that there are recessive and dominant genes, and incorrectly infer that the male ones are dominant. Regardless of the sex of the dominant genes, there is then the fact of atoms: unsexual things made up of positive, negative and neutral. Making mortal distinctions seem rather absurd given that all things are made from matter and interchangeable more or less.

Plus on the note of 'equality', people are not equal. They are unequal, unique and different sets of stuff. Though with that in mind, it is to the advantage of the species to have equality in circumstances, such as: 1. equal pay in positions regardless of sex, race, religion/faith, and background. 2. equal vote: one per person regardless of any other factors. 3. respect and tolerance: regardless of person there must be a basic level of this as the species is a social construct and cannot exist by always indulging the path of the solitary.
There are probably more, but I won't bore you with those for now.

Wow that's some hipocrisy...
You get on here and tell me to keep what I think to myself....
No thanks... And you chose to listen.. So don't if you don't like it...

Ad for the whole middle section of your comment.... Wtf.... Please send me some of what you're smoking

All these equal things that you listed sound fair and I'm for them

And I expect no one to agree with or care if they do and have expressed hope that they can change my mind with yours so ..whatever

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Jestalessa said:

no bother, i like to check "facts"... Dictionary.com is on my tool bar anyway.

and HAH! how was any of what was said unclear? none of us were unclear in what we meant... but i believe you took a single word and put your own spin on it, exactly what you're accusing any of us of doing. a word that was not used in an unclear context, but was twisted by your 'playing dumb'... or whatever it was you were doing to try to make a moot, (or maybe just circular) point.

but aye, we can fetch more information if you need it. just giz a shout [:
do you have a comprehension problem?

I said the English language was unclear... Look at all the meanings for each word...

How can saying that the main definition of a word can have connotations is putting spin...

What's wrong with the concept of using the most definitive words for the most important social issues

Go to page:
Go to: