Go to page:

Does love still exist in today's society?

CaliforniaWill
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th July 2017
Forum Posts: 3

How do you and why try to define Love?  Is it monogamy by choice?  Is it romanticized patriarchy?  Love is the anarchy of the heart wanting to rule in life's chaos.  Is it sacrificial and makes you ache?  That's not love, it's self suffering.  Love is what you share freely with another/others in joy.  Don't ya think?

VormStrom
V0RMSTR0M
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 8th July 2017
Forum Posts: 4

Love exists. It is one of the only human emotion that can be experienced universally across the world regardless of sexuality, location, race, age etc. I believe that you are confusing materialism and egocentrism with emotional experience of feeling love through giving and receiving it with another human being, community or some sort of entity in general.

Real love, says I love you unconditionally. And by unconditional I mean it in the sense as, we are all going to die one day, and in reality each person or entity that touches our lives in a profound enough way to evoke that emotion you must also understand is likewise fleeting. Maybe it's only for 2 weeks or maybe it is for 20 years or the rest of your life, but unconditional love acknowledges that in the end we all must part ways. So with that, we must love what we have while we have it, therefore, expressing your love for another human being that evokes those feelings of love within you is never week. Once a person begins down the path of, I love you because I need you it convolutes the concept of love.

With that, I hope that you do not assume I am advocating cheating on your significant other, but real love still exists if you find the right people that incite that emotion within you. I have those people I truly love in my life. They have been momentary and fleeting and they have been constant fixtures in my life for years, both romantic wise and friendship wise.

Instead of trying to find someone to fill that absent void of love in your life, find reasons to love every single day of your life, and with that, you will find like minded individuals that will love the same way and things in which you do.. instead of perverting the concept of love to conform to some sort of societal standard that says I love you because I need you... Not I love you unconditionally.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Datlightguy
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 8th July 2017
Forum Posts: 3

Yes Its just evolved

Postmortal
Twisted Dreamer
1awards
Joined 9th July 2017
Forum Posts: 36

Perhaps love is just a byproduct of a biological imperative gone haywire.

db1
Twisted Dreamer
1awards
Joined 5th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 241

I could write a novel here, but I'll keep it short.
Yes. Love still exists. Love is our true nature. Without love, we wouldn't exist or carry on. Don't let media, or limited life experience convince you otherwise.
Rest assured, love will always exist. ♥️

Go to page:
Go to: