Go to page:

Does love still exist in today's society?

Outspokenly_Silent
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 18th Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 2

I Think Real Love Is Slowly Drifting, Its All About A Image And Wanting To Be Somebody "Goals. " A Man Can Post He Want A Certain Type Of Woman Today And She Come Along And Tomorrow He'll Say "He's Not Ready. "  Its All About Attenton Now And Wanting To Be The "It" Couple Or Idol Person.

Leo_Sunset
Twisted Dreamer
Canada 1awards
Joined 18th Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 43

I think the world is going insane and very little people even love themselves and if you dont truly love who you are you cannot love someone else ... j

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Leo_Sunset said:I think the world is going insane and very little people even love themselves and if you dont truly love who you are you cannot love someone else ... j

Apparently the world is more sane now than it has ever been.  For example, you only need to go back 100 years to the First World War to get a sense of the world's insanity.  Millions of people during WWI willingly fought and died for their country and for the better of the world... whatever that meant.

Most people wouldn't sacrifice their own life for the welfare of others, unless they're selfless.  So selfless people must be capable of love if they put the lives of others above their own.

Taking that into consideration, wouldn't we consider people more selfish now than what people were capable of during the Great War?  People these days aren't exactly leaving behind their jobs and families in droves of thousands to go fight in some bullshit holy war against terror.

I guess my point is people these days are way too selfish and love themselves so much that they will always put themselves first in society and in their relationships.

Reasons into why we as a society have become so selfish and incapable of loving 'thy neighbour' could be our infatuation with being happy, to the point we find ourselves in an impossible narcissistic mission to discover our true happiness, blind to the fact that in order to be happy, we must be selfless and humble enough to give love first in order to receive.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

You cannot be selfless with selfies. Take a picture of something else, of someone else, and adore that view, rather than your own face. Something along the lines of Native Americans not wanting their picture being taken as it would steal their soul, point of fact for some in the 21st Century.

Love exists not when you just love thyself or just love thy neighbour, but when the care and humanity is spread around multiple things. It is the time-wasting unproductive selfless action that benefits someone else, and makes you feel better, but does not necessarily benefit you. Such as giving someone an umbrella in the rain and then you getting wet.

I do agree that the standard of selflessness of the early 20th century of WW1 does not quite compare to that of the modern 21st Century. However it is better to look forwards to a time when there is no war or need to leap on a grenade than comparing a time of a war closer to home or further away. The 20th Century also lacked the Universal nature and Post-Imperialism found in the 21st Century and the ability to contact someone on the other end of the globe without having to cross an empire's borders.

drown_already
Strange Creature
Joined 22nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1

real love is rare and like everything it must come to an end, good or bad. i wish i had taken my own advice because when she left she took my heart with her, i know ill be alright, just give me time. it just sucks i had so much respect for her and she threw it away like a candy wrapper. like i didnt mean shit to her, and if im being honest i dont think i did. it hurts to see her happy but as long as shes happy i guess im happy for her because if you love someone you gotta let them go.

Winston_Smith
Strange Creature
Joined 7th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 3

I don't believe in it. Not in an ideal sense. Love, to me, is standing on top of the highest peak, of which you could fall to your death at anytime, for any reason.

EpicUtester69
Just a simple poet
Dangerous Mind
Australia 5awards
Joined 10th Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 122

Love is in the hearts of the owner

Some people are lovers they have a lot of love to give some are fighters who hate love and what it stands for some are neither but in all things there is love there but only a lucky few will not just be in love one day but the person they are with is also I love with them,
I've been in love and I got hurt bad but I do believe that the right person is out there for everyone and so is love it's out there for all of us so fight for it as it is worth it!

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 417

I love coffee. Love does exist we have just expanded its meaning and over used the word. Love in the context of relationships I think is a mix of lust and contentment. We are not very content at the moment in the world so there is probably more lust than love and it doesn't sound very romantic to look for someone to be content together with..

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

I came across this youtube link about the meaning of love and quite liked it.  You may too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcHtSjtNBY

Leo_Sunset
Twisted Dreamer
Canada 1awards
Joined 18th Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 43

Love is a delusion as is life.
It can all change in the blink of an eye. In north american society a relationship is usually faked and only held together by  kids, assets, status. And even then people forget why they fell in love and what they fell in love with. It is out there... but its rare.

LostGirl18
Fire of Insight
Canada 10awards
Joined 15th Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 105

I watched that link and found it very insightful Kate.

LostGirl

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16221

Love exists...of course it does. On different levels. Affectionate love, family love, agape, self love...and others. Erotic love might burn away though as time goes by.

Ladykhia
Lost Thinker
Joined 12th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 6

Grace said:Love exists...of course it does. On different levels. Affectionate love, family love, agape, self love...and others. Erotic love might burn away though as time goes by.

I feel the same way!!!

DeanCassidy81
Strange Creature
Joined 25th Apr 2017
Forum Posts: 3

I don't see love existing nowadays. Like it use to. Its more like lust over love.

Go to page:
Go to: