Go to page:

Does love still exist in today's society?

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015
Forum Posts: 531

I want to know do you all feel love still exists in a generation driven by the amount of likes you get on a picture, the amount of money you have, if your body meets today's standards of the fake breats/ ass shots.

Cuz me being single I'm losing faith by the day seeing men disrespect their girlfriends and just cheat thinking its cool. No one knows how to express their love for one another without being portrayed as weak.

So DUP family let me in on your thoughts

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

you'll be happy to know your view of our generation is very limited and based only on a subset ..of a subset ..of people. . There's parents love for their children, the love for nature, even the romantic kinda love still exists, if it didn't ..this website probably wouldn't exist.

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

Yass I totally agree with u but what I mean is based off relationship wise. I feel that  love is losing its value with so much hate around us everyday

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

LibraSoul96 said:Yass I totally agree with u but what I mean is based off relationship wise. I feel that  love is losing its value with so much hate around us everyday

it's a matter of perspective, whatever you surround yourself with..either environmentally or just mentally is what your perception of today's society is going to be based off of.

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

Exactly I totally agree with u. Its the idea that ppl never found their true love yet. A part of me still believes it exists and it is just a matter of settling for someome who won't make u feel insecure about itself and who can accept u for who u are

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

U are also right. I think the idea of actually witnessing someone give their all in a relationship only to get nothing but disrespect in return discourages me.  That being simply because I don't want that for myself

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

ahm, the kind of love you're looking for is overrated. just like.. be kind to yourself and accept yourself and if you happen to find a person who you like enough to spend some time with and that person feels the same way..spend time with them.

and/also, in the past..the world has been much worse hate wise.

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Love is verb (doing word)
It shall never survive if it
ever attempts to be a (recieving word)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

"love is all around you" - wet wet wet

and it is. take a walk around your town or city and have a look at the people walking holding hands or kissing  

some peeps want love so much, want to love, want to be loved etc but don't really understand what it entails.

sure, love is a great feeling. but thats not the meat and potatoes of it ...it's just the feeling

it needs to be nourished, to be susstained. sometimes chances must be taken, things need to be worked on

you don't just feel love and it's happy days for the rest of your life.

generation wise, maybe you're ( their) lazy, maybe the whole social media thing has made people 'want now' maybe the social media thing throws up 'better and nicer looking' perspective partners every few seconds, so maybe its like a big ol' gang-bang

either way, love will survive

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

lepperochan said:"love is all around you" - wet wet wet

and it is. take a walk around your town or city and have a look at the people walking holding hands or kissing  

some peeps want love so much, want to love, want to be loved etc but don't really understand what it entails.

sure, love is a great feeling. but thats not the meat and potatoes of it ...it's just the feeling

it needs to be nourished, to be susstained. sometimes chances must be taken, things need to be worked on

you don't just feel love and it's happy days for the rest of your life.

generation wise, maybe you're ( their) lazy, maybe the whole social media thing has made people 'want now' maybe the social media thing throws up 'better and nicer looking' perspective partners every few seconds, so maybe its like a big ol' gang-bang

either way, love will survive

Delete what I said and listen this clever dude! That was quite emotional stuff Craic... Wow!

poet Anonymous

I think that it's interesting you chose the phrase "No one knows how to express their love for one another without being portrayed as weak."

Is love not, in it's essence, a weakness? I was writing about this theme just yesterday. Love isn't a strength, it's a vulnerability. It's a risk of showing the true colours of yourself in the mad hope that somebody else might not find you too terrible.

I think that's the beauty of it. The risk. It's two mutual wierdos just ganging up and saying "hey, me too!".

It definitly exists, and doesn't happen terribly often when done right... but it's fkn fire when it does.

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

Wow u summed that up quite well.  That's how I feel, I feel as if everybody wants to be in love but don't know how much has to go into it.  Of course  I see and admire those few happy couples that still exists. I also know not everyone out there to hurt u. So I will take ur comment into perspective.

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

That was beautifully said. I do believe that its all bout masking ur true self and being willing to let somebody in. I guess that too is the scary part because of the fear that person won't except ur flaws but hey I guess chances are meant to be taken.

Blue42
Lost Thinker
Canada
Joined 10th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 14

Of course love exists! I love my friends though I hate my family, I love family guy unconditionally and weed stole my heart a long time ago. We've been in a smoking hot relationship ever since😂😍
If love ever stopped existing everybody would stop what they were doing, sit down and just wait to die.

Go to page:
Go to: