Go to page:

When to stop spanking?

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16221

Spanking is not good, nor hitting, nor slapping, nor any form of abuse. Discipline have to be instilled when children are very young; and make it a culture, a way of life; like saying sorry for wrongdoings everytime, punishment is never pain, but thoughts and withdrawal of privelages; saying thank you when bestowed anything material or otherwise, help out with the dishes, help out with the garden; teach them humility, compassion...respect....  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16221

I am of course speaking from my point of view and from experience.  

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

I got spanked more by the Nuns in Catholic school than I did by my parents. Actually, just twice by my parents that I can recall. The Nuns, on the other hand, did not use their hands, they had thick wooden boards that you'd swear must have had nails sticking out of them. And the wooden rulers that had to be made from solid oak, for cracking across your knuckles. Did I say Nuns? Oh I meant witches, dark, angry witches who hid their broomsticks under those long black dresses. The difference between being spanked by my father for doing something bad and being spanked by those rotten old witches in Catholic school was what I call abuse. What my father did was discipline, not abuse. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to grab that board and start whacking witch-ass right there in class. But I was a good little Catholic boy that never deserved a spanking in school. I recall once getting paddled for spelling a word wrong in a spelling bee. I suppose that was to make me a better speller, but the only thing keeping my spelling from being embarrassingly bad here is my spell checker. My computer is my best friend, wish I had one when I was in school. We just had stone chisels on rock tablets in them days... One time when I was in grade school, I pounded out this funny list of rules and my English teacher Moses found them under my seat. Next thing you know he's holding them up in the air all crazy like, callin them the ten conundrums, er-sumpem like dat... Then when I went to grab them back outta his hands, they fell on the floor and broke into pieces. I got a real good whoopin from the witches for dat mess, and then they made me sweep da floors. Imagine dat! jj

poet Anonymous

It's never right to teach with violence.

goodest
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 3007

wel i dont hav kids but i got lots of nieces & nephews & lil cuzs & bein blac & from da south i didnt get spanked....i got my ass whooped & i am gr8ful 4 it....but u gotta start while da child is yung othawise it wil b unproductive....i dont steal 2 dis very day bcuz i stole sumthin from a store wen i was bout 4 or 5 & i stil hav nightmares bout dat ass whoopn....lol....all im sayn is DONT abuse da children....dont beat dem 4 stupid stuff like not putn da milk bac n da fridge....but wen its sumthin dats gonna make dem a betta citizen n da long run den by all means beat dey ass....& as u whoop dem u gotta giv da lecture....da child has 2 no y dey r getn da whoopn....& i saw dat sum1 said sumthin bout da child wil fear da parent....wel dats how its supposed 2 b....lol....& think about it like dis....if u dont beat dem while dey r yung den da cops wil beat dem wen dey r olda....u rememba bac n da 50s & 60s wen it wasnt a crime 2 beat dey ass....violent crimes were at all time lows durin dat period....u cant whoop ur kids now & look at how violent crime is runnin rampid.....jus my opinion doe....

poet Anonymous

[font=Verdana]When I was very young my father used a makeshift cane made I think from a length of skirting board. He abandoned that after a while, admitting it was a mistake; he claimed he'd picked it up from how his mother disciplined him as a child. He still used violence though. A couple of times when provoked he did things which would probably have got him in trouble if I or my brothers had told someone.
I don't know if spanking works or not. I think it depends on the child. I grew up hating and fearing my father. To this day I don't like sharing anything personal with him, because the way he disciplined me as a kid means I can't trust him. But that could just be me. My brothers don't seem to feel the same. Plus my father may have used more force than the average spanker.

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

No big surprise that kids would be opposed to spanking.

"Oh mommy, please do not spank me !"

Hell, growing up in a rural area a spanking would be most welcomed over a switch cut from a peach tree or a thick leather belt. I remember back many moons ago during my teenage years a night of drinking and having to come home. Meeting my father at the door and feeling cocky enough to ball up my fist. He shoved me off the back porch and when I attempted a swing at him he knocked me over a fence with a right uppercut and into the neighbor's yard where I woke up that following morning. For awhile I thought my jaw was broke.

Oh how a little hand pat to the butt is so terrible !

I am fortunate enough to have kids who were good and didn't require spanking as a form of punishment, but some of these kids and the parents who raised them that way both need the shit knocked out of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRn4edxHvo4

goodest
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 3007

atheqehua u all da way on point wit dat....n da kuntry no1 can hear u scream....lol....but its only dun wen its needed....& i wud Love a hand smack as opposed 2 dogwud switches cherry tree switches da classic hedge switch....& who can 4get da brush broom....dats jus a hole group of switches all tied 2getha....stil wit da keen tips dat leave da welps but all 2getha dey seem like a blunt object....dats classic kuntry....lol

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

In Shawnee society any form of corporal punishment in child rearing is usually frowned upon, but I was one to test my parent's will. My father figured if I was old and bold enough to raise a fist at him, then I was old enough to be delt with in a similar manner. Never happened again.

ravenmoon
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 99

i hope i never get tired of being spanked
come play with me

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

That figures

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

Haha, my dad never spanked my, he beat me black and blue with a shambock. Never held it against him,life's too short, at least this way I learnt quickly.

uniqueshaky
Thought Provoker
Wales 2awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 196

I'd never hit my son.

firedaughter
StayAwayFromTheNutcase
Fire of Insight
United States 17awards
Joined 14th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 808

I don't do the whole.. Physical punishment thing.. that leads to mental scarring.. I know..

My real mom used to beat the crap outta me..

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: