Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

TAKING AIM
( a non-violence modern sonnet )

It never changes through the ages, life,
To dwell upon this in a comfort place.
Our world is more & more obsessed with strife.
When sadness settles in one's dreary space.

What Lennon sang in song, happiness is,
These days, even for crim'nals on the run.
Of ev'ry single kind, both hers and his,
But as for me, I'll never own a gun.

In truth, it is the way we'll always be,
No matter where I am, north, east or south.
As for the west, I'll abstain for a fee,
So sayeth I, when I "shoot" off my mouth.

Please learn a thing or two from what I say,
It's not worth getting shot on any day.

*quietly bows and sits back down*

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

case28 said:Why the fuck does an American civilian need a semi-automatic weapon that fires 800 bullets in 60 seconds?

Why the fuck don't you know the difference between an assault rifle and a semi-automatic weapon?

Regardless of my ignorance, I still think it's overkill to go hunting with a weapon that allows you to pump 100 bullets into a bear in 7.5 seconds.

Even if you're going to do background checks, are people permitted to take assault rifles and semi automatic weapons back to their family homes for safe keeping?

poet Anonymous

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Trixareforkids said:

Only when data is cherry picked.  This didn't happen because there was no armed trained person in sight, there was an armed cop doing security, a regular thing here in FL.

Anyone who says having armed, drinking citizens is a good thing is a fucking idiot.  I have gung ho pro gun "in every hand", (except those that might actually shoot them for their bigotry of course) family and I get shouted down every time this shit comes up but it ain't people like me who go out in a blaze of gory "glory" it's angry entitled fuckers.

Pulse is, well was, one of the places I went to have a good time with my friends, one of whom performed there and fortunately was not there a couple nights ago.  That anyone with a reasoning mind says this is not the direct fault of the American obsession with having ready easy access to guns makes me just as furious as the fact that a sad, angry, lonely man was able to commit this atrocity.  Had we woken the fuck up after any similar incidents it would not have.  

People kill people, but a fuck ton more are willing and able to do it with a gun purpose built for it than would be if they had to exert some actual effort.  The further a person can remove themselves from killing the easier it is to do as has been shown again and again and again.

This was a terrorist act because it instills fear in people, it was a hate crime because the perpetrator chose to do it in a place filled with people he hated.  But it was something even more sinister, it was fucking easy!  I, and I think most people, know at least one person who the thought of their owning a gun is fucking frightening, knowing human nature that "someone" is everyone as far as I'm concerned because even I can think of circumstances where I would not hesitate to end someone's life were I able to remain at a safe distance.

You like your guns, your right to bear arms? Think about why and if you're not at least a little frightened by the answer, you frighten me.  Guns do not equal safety in today's society, the only thing we have left to conquer is ourselves and the only way a gun can do that is if you put it in your mouth and pull the trigger.

Seriously?  To conquer ourselves, to you. Is to put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger? Please be careful. There are some members on here, that would do as you say. Simply because you said to.
I thought this was a discussion on guns and owners.
Along with Guns, here comes politics, and the elitists.  
My family used guns to hunt. And eat your kill.
No Bloody Fucking Suicide by gun.
Yes, it was another tragedy. Of mindless pricks, who say they're Muslim. They obviously don't practice as a Muslim would.  To kill in the name of their religion, is Bull Shit.
They killed because, they're prejudice, mindless, waste of human skin,pricks.
Just another false pretense, killing in the name of religion, to cause more hatred for the Muslim world.✌

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

I am pro-gun, I own a few guns though I do not hunt, I am not anti hunting but unless I am going to eat what I kill I'm not going to kill it. Banning guns would be stupid, I wouldn't have much of a problem with a ban on assault weapons, as mentioned above there really is no need for that kind of fire power for a typical person, not in most of the country anyway. Prohibiting things does not work, especially not in America, don't believe me? Look at drugs, drugs are illegal and yet I could get some heroin in thirty minuets, heck I live next to a trailer park of meth-heads, I used to live directly next door to a bunch of meth-heads. I sometimes carry a weapon on my property because we have wild dogs that are known to be aggressive, they pets and on occasion will become aggressive towards people and for meth-heads stealing things, I wouldn't shoot someone unless it was life or death but usually having a weapon scares them away. And when stuff has gotten stole and I call our local officers they act like it isn't a murder so they couldn't care less, giving one the impression you have to protect your stuff yourself. That's my view, I'm not a conservative nor a liberal, I am in the grey having opinions on either side, but when it comes to owning weapons I am and will always be for it, it has been proven to me they are needed. If I really thought them being legal caused more harm than good i'd say so, I'm not going to let the fact I enjoy owning guns and shooting them get in the way of what I think is best, yet some would say I am only pro-gun for my own selfish likes, I'm not that selfish. If guns are banned all together it will be another situation like the alcohol prohibition, only instead of no boos, it'll be no way to protect oneself. That's my two cents.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I know right?! I cannot believe people have a problem with that...

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

Forgotten_Mom71 said:

Seriously?  To conquer ourselves, to you. Is to put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger? Please be careful. There are some members on here, that would do as you say. Simply because you said to.
I thought this was a discussion on guns and owners.

Seriously? Your reading comprehension is questionable if that's what you took away from my statement.

poet Anonymous

anonymouslyhere said:I am pro-gun, I own a few guns though I do not hunt, I am not anti hunting but unless I am going to eat what I kill I'm not going to kill it. Banning guns would be stupid, I wouldn't have much of a problem with a ban on assault weapons, as mentioned above there really is no need for that kind of fire power for a typical person, not in most of the country anyway. Prohibiting things does not work, especially not in America, don't believe me? Look at drugs, drugs are illegal and yet I could get some heroin in thirty minuets, heck I live next to a trailer park of meth-heads, I used to live directly next door to a bunch of meth-heads. I sometimes carry a weapon on my property because we have wild dogs that are known to be aggressive, they pets and on occasion will become aggressive towards people and for meth-heads stealing things, I wouldn't shoot someone unless it was life or death but usually having a weapon scares them away. And when stuff has gotten stole and I call our local officers they act like it isn't a murder so they couldn't care less, giving one the impression you have to protect your stuff yourself. That's my view, I'm not a conservative nor a liberal, I am in the grey having opinions on either side, but when it comes to owning weapons I am and will always be for it, it has been proven to me they are needed. If I really thought them being legal caused more harm than good i'd say so, I'm not going to let the fact I enjoy owning guns and shooting them get in the way of what I think is best, yet some would say I am only pro-gun for my own selfish likes, I'm not that selfish. If guns are banned all together it will be another situation like the alcohol prohibition, only instead of no boos, it'll be no way to protect oneself. That's my two cents.

Thank you! Well said,your two cents are worth more than you think. A level head is exactly what we need.✌💫

poet Anonymous

When someone is carrying a gun, soon or later he is going to use it. Think about a kid bringing to school his parent's gun to show it out. Guns are made to kill. If you want some selfdefence use a taser gun or some pepper spray.

poet Anonymous

Trixareforkids said:

Seriously? Your reading comprehension is questionable if that's what you took away from my statement.

Not here to be mean. I don't write to
hurt someone's feelings. There's a few ways "my reading comprehension,"could take it. I chose what resonated for me.
I lived in Punta Gorda,for 14 yrs.
West coast, in case you don't know.
Its why I left.The violence, politics, police. I preferred to raise my children anywhere else but, Fl. Maybe I made the wrong choice? Seems to you,I have a reading comprehension problem. Enlightened me,teach me what I couldn't comprehend.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

I think anybody using terrorism as a reason not to consider gun reforms in US needs a reality check. The war on terrorism is currently being fought in Syria (Middle East), not on US soil. Gun homicide deaths in the US has a higher death toll than terrorism and homicide without a gun.

Guns in the US: The statistics behind the violence: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34996604

It's also worth checking the stats on how the USA compares to Australia, Canada and the U.K, see link above.

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

Forgotten_Mom71 said:

Not here to be mean. I don't write to
hurt someone's feelings. There's a few ways "my reading comprehension,"could take it. I chose what resonated for me.
I lived in Punta Gorda,for 14 yrs.
West coast, in case you don't know.
Its why I left.The violence, politics, police. I preferred to raise my children anywhere else but, Fl. Maybe I made the wrong choice? Seems to you,I have a reading comprehension problem. Enlightened me,teach me what I couldn't comprehend.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Guns do not make people safe, they only beget more violence.

My statement was, the only way to conquer yourself with a gun, is to use it on yourself.

Your statement was, the only way to conquer yourself is to kill yourself.

Not the same.

To conquer fear, hatred, our own violent tendencies cannot be accomplished with a gun, a gun is made for killing and only for killing.  People who own guns "for protection" feel empowered because they are, they are now empowered to quickly and easily kill.

The whole circular logic that criminals and terrorists have guns so we have to have guns to protect ourselves from them usually ignores the fact that guns being so readily available to "law abiding citizens"  is WHY criminals have them so readily available as well.

The man who shot over 100 people killing 49 of them obtained his guns legally and easily and, until he used them on people, was a law abiding citizen with every right to purchase them.  Violent yes, suspected of ties with terrorist groups yes, and within his rights to purchase as many guns as he could afford.  Just like every other criminal or terrorist or law abiding citizen that has not been previously caught and convicted of a felony or institutionalized for mental illness.

Just look at the statistics of reported gun violence this year alone.  I have immediate family that own guns, some of whom carry those guns damn near everywhere they go.  I think they are more, not less, likely to be victims of gun violence than me because carrying those guns makes every one of them just a little bit cockier, makes them feel a little more badass makes them less, not more cautious as it has each of them actively looking at "suspicious characters" with the thought that they are safer because of the gun they carry but it's simply not true.  Criminals use guns for intimidation more often than for violence, someone pulling a gun in return all but guarantees that one or both will now fire and my money is on the criminal because they are more inured to use of violence and are unlikely to be intimidated in return and less likely to hesitate before firing as they have more to lose.

Pulling a gun and effectively using a gun are worlds apart add fear, adrenaline and inexperience together and all you're likely to get is dead or wounded or worse yet, to end up harming a bystander or family member by accident.

poet Anonymous

Agree. ✌💫
I was wrong. It's just to many people in my life are gone, by suicide. When I hear, put the gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. I snap .I start to remember all the lost souls. I apologize.

Go to page:
Go to: