Go to page:

Guns for everyone!

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

Ok, here's a radical idea from a liberal mind...
Since Republicans think everyone should own a gun, as a Constitutional right, I believe the wealthiest 1% should provide those who can't afford to protect themselves by purchasing one, an AR15 of their very own, free of charge.
I wonder how quickly Republikills would change their mind, knowing the people they hate would be able to defend themselves against those who hate them...
Isn't equality grand?
JJ

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

it all sounds a bit mad. take the words "defence budget" and think about the  colossal amount of money which it entails over yonder, and the percentage of that money which comes from the people. so I think it's only fair the government hand out ar15's to anyone who can hold one

then, the next time the government play you off one another..

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 417

what you dont think a bunch of the top 1% are democrats. ...

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

chump said:what you dont think a bunch of the top 1% are democrats. ...

Well, Donald Trump may have been a Democrat in disguise but he has shown his true colors.
While there are wealthy Dems, few are billionaires. If repubs want everyone to own a gun, knowing that the vast majority of poor people are Democrats, what they really are saying is, anyone who can afford a gun should have a gun.
By the way, what country are you in? You don't show a flag in your profile and I am wondering if your opinion about an American issue is from someone living elsewhere.  Republican can mean something entirely different in another country.

The question stands, will the wealthy who want guns pay for the poor to stand our ground on equal terms?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Bugger that! I see hardly any valid sane reason why any citizenry should suddenly be turned into an armed militia, funded by the wealthiest 1%. It definitely should not be done in the USA, what with the Senate and Eagle symbol, a 1% funded armed citizenry sounds a lot like the privately funded armies of Ancient Rome: power hungry oligarchs conquering foreign lands with their own private army in the name of empire as though it is their birth given right.

Besides which letting the rich and 1% get involved with any that affects the entire country is a prime way to literally have the country shoot itself in the metaphorical foot. Any smart and sneaky 1% would look to ways to enhance their money and power through such a 'charitable' and democratic act. Sure, now everyone has a standard gun, yet suddenly ammo is a at a premium, bulletproof body wear costs the earth, and bulletproof cars and houses are a necessity.

Equality is a joke. A lie that for the soul of existence, has taken root and seems to be a grand brilliant thing to aspire to. When in reality we are as diverse as the numbers of stars in space, and any legislation or right to equality but only exist at the most basic and broad level in order to preserve or further or enhance life without threatening or endangering the sanctity of life of any other living being.

Forget guns, give everyone a heart and some common sense: that way they will do the right thing and be able to feel it.

(Additional. Surely any militia and all citizen based weaponry requires a highly reliable model firearm that can be easily maintained and resupplied. On top of that stringent administration is required to document all such firearms in order to handle the logistics and any federal or international criminal cases. [No good if everyone in the country is a suspect for the bank raid.] Once something becomes commonplace there is also a habit and trend of it becoming outmoded and inferior to rarer, more advanced and more expensive weaponry. Plus once a militia has become established and achieved, it is in the interest of the state and citizenry militia to become well trained and organised and not just a placeholder militia; with tactical application and economic use.)

poet Anonymous

Owning a firearm is a right, so your Constitution says, but back in the 1780, when north america wasn't really a safe place to live, a large land with few people, often hostile people, and not a guaranteed protection provided by the police. To allow firearms  nowdays, I can't see any valid reason, i feel more safe in a country where firearms are forbidden, what if i have a car crash and some nut will get out from his car with a firearm? Only police and army should be allowed to use firearms, not the people.

poet Anonymous

Poetryman said:

Well, Donald Trump may have been a Democrat in disguise but he has shown his true colors.
While there are wealthy Dems, few are billionaires. If repubs want everyone to own a gun, knowing that the vast majority of poor people are Democrats, what they really are saying is, anyone who can afford a gun should have a gun.
By the way, what country are you in? You don't show a flag in your profile and I am wondering if your opinion about an American issue is from someone living elsewhere.  Republican can mean something entirely different in another country.

The question stands, will the wealthy who want guns pay for the poor to stand our ground on equal terms?

The top billionaires in the world are
by majority Americans.  Bill Gates the wealthiest man in the world. Gave a 9k donation to the Democrats, 14k to the Republicans. And 25k to Independents.  #3 Warren Buffet gave
$2500.00 to the Democrats and 30k to independents.
I guess what I am getting at,the top 1%is not all Republican. And if you follow politics. The Republicans say"Democrats want to take your guns away "
It simply is not the truth. The Democrats want background checks for anyone trying to purchase a gun. What is wrong with that? All Americans have the right to purchase a gun. I would feel safer, that shmoe, who just left jail on bond. For shooting the neighbor. Who has been convicted, awaiting sentencing .(By the way a poor person would not be allowed bond .) I would hope by law, a gunship owner would have the right to refuse.
You have to take a test to handle food.
Why not a check to see if you killed someone with a gun?
Our justice system is slow. Our courts. Are beyond overloaded. By the time they where released on bond, walked to a gunshop, was able to get our home. Who's to say someone else wouldn't be dead. My bet would be anyone who pissed this person off enough, who already was pissed enough to shoot his neighbor.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
niknshell
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 5th Nov 2012
Forum Posts: 67

Can you give me a site or point me in a directino to look that up?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Guns don't kill people. People kill people, no matter what weapon they use.

poet Anonymous

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>
Taurek, I really do understand both sides.  First hand experience in my family. I just hope one day,people will be checked before they buy a gun.
My family member, might have lived, if the person who shot her,had a background check. The gunshop owner told us, He would have never sold a gun to a felon with prior violence on his record bad enough to put him in prison. It didn't matter to this slime, whether he had a gun. He still would have killed her. She was shot 3 times in the back. Really nothing would have saved her. ✌💫

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Why the fuck does an American civilian need a semi-automatic weapon that fires 800 bullets in 60 seconds?

poet Anonymous

Sarah Palin, to hunt wolves in a helicopter. Reality check. Sorry ,not a laughing matter.   No one, but our soldiers

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Only when data is cherry picked.  This didn't happen because there was no armed trained person in sight, there was an armed cop doing security, a regular thing here in FL.

Anyone who says having armed, drinking citizens is a good thing is a fucking idiot.  I have gung ho pro gun "in every hand", (except those that might actually shoot them for their bigotry of course) family and I get shouted down every time this shit comes up but it ain't people like me who go out in a blaze of gory "glory" it's angry entitled fuckers.

Pulse is, well was, one of the places I went to have a good time with my friends, one of whom performed there and fortunately was not there a couple nights ago.  That anyone with a reasoning mind says this is not the direct fault of the American obsession with having ready easy access to guns makes me just as furious as the fact that a sad, angry, lonely man was able to commit this atrocity.  Had we woken the fuck up after any similar incidents it would not have.  

People kill people, but a fuck ton more are willing and able to do it with a gun purpose built for it than would be if they had to exert some actual effort.  The further a person can remove themselves from killing the easier it is to do as has been shown again and again and again.

This was a terrorist act because it instills fear in people, it was a hate crime because the perpetrator chose to do it in a place filled with people he hated.  But it was something even more sinister, it was fucking easy!  I, and I think most people, know at least one person who the thought of their owning a gun is fucking frightening, knowing human nature that "someone" is everyone as far as I'm concerned because even I can think of circumstances where I would not hesitate to end someone's life were I able to remain at a safe distance.

You like your guns, your right to bear arms? Think about why and if you're not at least a little frightened by the answer, you frighten me.  Guns do not equal safety in today's society, the only thing we have left to conquer is ourselves and the only way a gun can do that is if you put it in your mouth and pull the trigger.

Go to page:
Go to: