Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

deepthreat1490
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 24th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 56

Love is being there for one another. Helping, building, and uplifting each other. Being there for better or for worse and always be loyalty to one another. Also never let anybody tear the love you have for a person down. Love is unconditional, but don't nobody follow the rules of love

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

deepthreat1490
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 24th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 56

My definition of the rules of love is, if you love someone don't betrayed that person or hurt that person. Also, if you say you love someone please show it, because action speak louder than words. Rules of LOVE

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

What an interesting word love. A word so powerful yet so meaningless all at once. In its true essence love is merely a word like cat or dag or mouse or run or sit. For some reason or another it holds a far deeper meaning somehow due to our feelings giving it power. Funny how that one word along with another known as God has caused more death, suffering and pain throughout the course of human history. A bit ironic though. Perhaps love is an unrealistic idea that we create sleep better at night dreading the reality of what love truly is. A fake love so to speak. In terms of appearance well there is none just an abstract thought/feeling.

I can keep going but I'll get bored.

poet Anonymous

A fleeting feeling or rather an illusion caused due to infinite human loneliness.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

To me, love is feeling a disconnect with the rest of the world, to the point where you wish God would call your number and take you home to be with the one person who completed you and already got their number called. It's an understanding of how some of those longtime elderly married couples, die within weeks or months of each other when one passes and the other follows, because of such an incredibly strong bond of love for each other.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

*hugs MadameL tenderly*

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

Love is the fancy term for human greed- the chariot driven by the three horses- want, need, desire and the food they eat is sacrifice!

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Love is a thirst
For something
Love is flame
That burns
It's selfish
And selfless
It's a boxer
That hits you
In critical places
Knocks you down
Let you see the stars

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Something that people feel and is always needed more in the world, or so I hear.

Tristy
Sredni Vashtar
Twisted Dreamer
France 1awards
Joined 18th May 2014
Forum Posts: 76

Love... L0ve... Take the 0 and add 1, take the O and add an "I", and you can Live. Selfish view perhaps, but ONE cannot truly LIVE unless he's IN "Love".
I'm not only talking about love for another person though, but for anything. For yourself, for a purpose, for a people, for family, for animals, for Nature and everything that surrounds us.

I aspire to love my friends, my enemies, and everyone in between, for only this way I can hope to bring them to loving in return. I aspire to love every living thing, and every non-living thing. I aspire to love Nature, in every form. And I aspire to love myself.

On a second thought, this might not be answering the question... Well, it's what the question has made me think of anyway, so I'll just leave this here. As to my answer to the question in a more direct way... Well I have as many answers as the number of times I've thought about it. One time I feel like it's simply being willing to put someone (or something) above yourself, above your own existence, being willing to die for them (or it). One time I feel like it's being able to acknowledge what makes someone or something beautiful, what makes them ugly, and putting that aside to care for them as a whole. One time I feel like it's an illusion that simply doesn't exist, a creation of Men to give their life "meaning", and thus cannot be defined as it's different in everyone's mind.

Here's a poem I wrote about Love a long time ago. About love as commonly seen, love for another person. I'm not sure how I relate to it right now, but still being recovering from a really hard break up with the only woman I've ever loved (again, love as most commonly seen), I might not be the most objective person about it. If anyone can ever be objective about love. Anyway, here it is :

"Psychedelic illusion of life,
Love takes us and leads us to strife,

It lures us,

Deludes us,

And appears to shine before our eyes
But we never seem to realize.

For us whole it will devour,
And when we find out, it will be too late,
Because then we will meet our fate
And realize that has come our last hour."

KyleL29
SilentShadeofGray
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 26th May 2016
Forum Posts: 13

Love to me is purely sexual ambition. We as humans think we're simply more transcendent than the beasts that roam our world. In reality we're no different than they are; we as humans are compelled to pass on our dna. Hoping it survives on to among the next generation. So called love is just a by-product we tell ourselves once the sexual attraction evaporates after so long. I'm sure this sounds rather cold, however I will say the love between the a parent and a child is more palatable in comparison to romantic love.

Go to page:
Go to: