Go to page:

is god a collective?

Blue42
Lost Thinker
Canada
Joined 10th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 14

Is god a collective? No, god is an idea crafted to explain and sedate. The complexity of everything is too much for anyone to understand yet everything demands explanation. God is humanities counter productive "answer all".

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

'spose poetically god needs to be a collective
It's too much pressure for one person to take on
underground miners need to think of one tho
I'd imagine thier lives depend on that.
deep hearted thinkers would rely on no gods to rule em
but would end up saying "them" and "they" pushing
it all back to a collective anyhows.

But then is love a god...?

*mumbles as he walks off to imagine new possibilities and hypo-theories"*

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

RevolutionAL said:'spose poetically god needs to be a collective
It's too much pressure for one person to take on
underground miners need to think of one tho
I'd imagine thier lives depend on that.
deep hearted thinkers would rely on no gods to rule em
but would end up saying "them" and "they" pushing
it all back to a collective anyhows.

But then is love a god...?

*mumbles as he walks off to imagine new possibilities and hypo-theories"*

Back from a proverbial mumbling walk. It must be concluded that love is a trickster god!

Conclusion is then most definately a collective and most possibly a couple because look mood swings like floods and locusts would need a wife and building shit like dams would need a dude with a hammer. Mmmm
Is it possible that more than one couple is needed?

*walks off mumbling the possibilities and various gods... My cotton on my right arm has 9 knots. Mumble walk mumble*

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Aaah yes and no... Fair enough then... But it is somewhat single faithed to argue that one god exists for worshiping then if he is her and he is he. Therefore it must be them and they and that opens the doors for this all to be a rather unlimited number which in it's own needs in depth study.. According to this there are a finite number of gods that can be listed.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-gods-are-currently-worshipped-on-earth

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

320 million gods ?  jaysus, Hindus must have a god for every blade of grass in India

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Aaah yes!

An extremely valid point in terms of paganism, which I didn't account for.
You have indeed added plenty of food for thought... I shall be busy contemplating & meditating at length on your added value.

Thank you!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
jontSking
Strange Creature
Western Sahara
Joined 3rd Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 3

Why trust in your own experiences? Why even ask that question? Its a nice thought to have, that there is a god, something higher, something that could explain all of the complexity of reality. An entity which, from our perspective, can even be seen as the cause of all there is! The following may sound strange at first, but giving yourself (your mind, your soul, your whatever) over to a higher being actually may give YOU control in the following sense: It enables you to trust in your own experiences, it validates them in a sense, it lets you believe that you (or the universe) are not subjected to randomness and chaos and that your subjective perspective is to a certain extend true.

We all have the ability to reflect, to look into the mirror and actively confront the information that our senses reflect back into our brains. Then its a nice thing to say: " Yes, there is something out there which gives sense to it all! ". Altough such a being would be above us, one could imagine a clear connection. We wouldnt be alone, there would be a hyperintelligent "super mom" or "super dad" all around us/watching over us/residing inside our core/... .

If Im very true to myself only half of what i think is a lie. The other half of my brain asks: How many of your thoughts and how much of your behaviour is actually rooted in your fear of death? Total senselessness, which, for a reflecting organism would be something similiar to total non-reflection, raw absorption, could be considered as a kind of death.

My personal opinion? Why think about something like this? (to get back to the beginning of the post) Asking unanswerable questions may be an interesting thing and can lead to interesting thoughts, so it can be rewarding. Personally, I think that there is much more beautiful things in life than god. In the end it amounts to how much credit you give this god/God/gods/yourfavouritedeity. A believer would say: "But god is everything, it is life, it is the universe, it is the beauty!" And here lies my problem with the concept.. If you want to see it, you see it! If you pray/believe with enough passion (which also includes despair), you WILL hear an answer. Your only picture of the world is the one you get through your brain. Your vision, your feelings, your whole world can be altered by the way you eat ("real" food and mental food), psychoactive drugs, how much sleep you get,.. the list is endless! So its just too vague. Its too selfexplanatory and its just boring. I can and want to live my life without the need for something "higher". There are so many wonderful things there already, whatever spectrum of chaos and order, so where is the need for an all pervading hyper-entity, which up until now hasnt been detectable by any objective means? I dont see any need for such a concept, altough i dont mind others doing it.. as long as they dont try to hurt me for not believing.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

Why think about something like this?
- Well it sure beats some other lines of thought. Like working out who is inferior and how they should be killed. Or what the latest soap/celebrity gossip is. Or all the benefits that cold fusion would have, without ever achieving any progress in developing it.
Besides, natural laws like gravity and time have so far lacked a mythology or lore to create worship in them, despite their unrelenting power in comparison to gods or god which may or may not exist.
Plus sensible and evident talk is utterly pointless, and no one really has a desire to worship a void and lack of an other or indeed even of reality and self; seems our material based forms have no affinity with nothingness.

I am not trying to convert you (rather impossible as I have no religion and only a fuzzy sense of 'spirituality' instead) or correct you or argue, but simply wanted to make those points.

Given how the modern world is still acting daft and dangerous, then the desire for a higher force or higher purpose will still be relevant. At least until things get better. Not necessarily more logical and organised so as to be totalitarian, but actually replacing a need for organised religion by having better organisation so that the poor and helpless and sick are protected and cared for, the honest work gets an honest life (not just pay) and leaders work to better the world (not just for themselves or themselves).

All rather idyllic really.

Go to page:
Go to: