Go to page:

Cheating

Erosarrow59
Strange Creature
Germany
Joined 1st Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 3

SO by popular belief I was told that Men were dogs and were the main ones to cheat, and from what I've seen most of my life that most men do. But does anyone else believe that women cheat just as much as men

BigVirge
Big Virge
Fire of Insight
Barbados 1awards
Joined 15th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 329

Yup, they just don't get caught as much, because they are much smarter in how they cover their tracks ....
and seemingly, hide their guilt a damn site better than men, well, " Supposed Playaz ", who be posing as men !

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

men and women both cheat,
the reasons are as varied as there are people

course, some of us would permit what others would prohibit

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2461

I have seen more women cheat in my lifetime, however I have also seen men cheat as well. What is ones definition of "cheating"? Is it the straight up exchange of body fluids or is it more on a mental level, or both? Are friendships considered cheating? It all depends what your own personal meaning is and what type of arrangement your relationship has and what is allowed.

DisappearHere
Will Adams
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 21st Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 1

There is no connection between infidelity and gender.

Selfishness is a human instinct, not an exclusively male instinct. Or a female's.

I won't make any presumptions about what you may or may not have been through. But if you've been burned by someone(male, female, or other), if you let that experience sour the way you see everyone else of that race, caste, or class is only going to act as a disservice.

Have faith. Very few people are inherently bad.

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014

it is not selfishness alone...

sometimes it is desperation trying to recapture something you once had

other times you suddenly discover that the one you married is not the one you really love

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2461

HHMCameron said:

Ah, that old feelin...its a bitch sometimes.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16217

HHMCameron said:it is not selfishness alone...

other times you suddenly discover that the one you married is not the one you really love

I always wonder about this. Do we slowly fall out of love with our partners or wake up and realise we never did love them?
I was the one left behind in most of my relationships. And I always wondered.

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014

some times it is a suddenness that strikes like lightning, a forgotten memory that resurges.. obliterating past happiness and abiding love with a love that strikes like wildfire

other times it is the slow distancing of affections or slowly being pushed away by ones inadequacies

physical infidelity can be explained away...there are even some relationships that would permit one or both partners to have play toys

it is infidelity of the heart that cannot be explained away
and should not be forgiven

it is not as easily explained away when one has not seen the other woman in ten years, and does not intend to violate a trust, but one cannot go without sparse and prohibited digital communication with one only interested in friendship

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16217

HHMCameron said:some times it is a suddenness that strikes like lightning, a forgotten memory that resurges.. obliterating past happiness and abiding love with a love that strikes like wildfire

other times it is the slow distancing of affections or slowly being pushed away by ones inadequacies

physical infidelity can be explained away...there are even some relationships that would permit one or both partners to have play toys

it is not as easily explained away when one has not seen the other woman in ten years, and does not intend to violate a trust, but one cannot go without sparse and prohibited digital communication with one only interested in friendship

That being said...you would be alright and forgive a partner that slept with someone else because of lust...but not if they fell in love?

Harpalycus
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 3rd Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 130

The standard psychological view is that men and women tend to regard infidelity in very different ways. Though, because of the complexity of humans it is not an absolute division. Because men are capable of fathering vast numbers of children (the claimed record is over 800) whereas women are limited to relatively few, men tend to regard sexual infidelity as worse (in that they will then have to waste resources on a 'cuckoo' that does not carry their genes), whereas women regard emotional infidelity as the more serious (in that they risk losing the support of the man to the probable detriment of their more valuable children). So, in this case, the prediction would be that women would be more likely to forgive.

poet Anonymous

HHMCameron said:

"I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore..."

Don Henley ...Heart of the Matter
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xezg3z5IE8I

DaddyPhantom
DaddyPhantomPhotoTron
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 21st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 41

If you're speaking from an American perspective cheating is wrong and frowned upon. In some cultures it is expected. In some countries having a mistress is totally acceptable. Americans are so uptight and self righteous that we pretend as if we're a moral compass when in actuality, we're just as dirty as anyone else. Other cultures just embrace men's inability to keep it in their pants. Do you know how many times Bob Marley cheated on Rita? Neither does she, but she knows it was ALOT. Did she ask for a divorce? Why not? (Rhetorical) Read the book "No Woman No Cry", by Rita Marley.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

I'm not making any admissions here, but I can fully understand why a person would "cheat" or step outside of their committed relationship.  For some, it comes down to things other than just an exciting fling to see what else is out there, but rather an admission to oneself that what you thought you wanted, way back when, overshadowed what you were actually destined for, and you missed the signs that were supposed to lead you elsewhere, for not wanting to listen to others, be it other people, God, the Universe, Fate, etc.

Sometimes, meeting the person you were supposed to be with, is delayed, for the reasoning above, and sometimes a "cheat" is necessary to reaffirm that maybe, perhaps you did get it right, initially.  Or, another possibility is that an extra-something can work to enhance what you already have and add to the person you already are and will become.  

But most of all, I think it's God's way of saying: "I understand how you feel, and why you think as you do, I can turn any situation around and still give you what I had intended for you by working with what you did for yourself instead of waiting on me, like I wanted you to.  But that's ok, I'm a God of second chances."

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014

Grace said:That being said...you would be alright and forgive a partner that slept with someone else because of lust...but not if they fell in love?

I am poly,
I am the betrayer,

If my wife wanted to play she knows she has permission.
I would not mind it if she fell in love with another also.. I would only ask that I could be friends with him .

But she is monogamous.
And we have yet to fully recover from the sudden resurgence of my obsession with Raven...
I thought I could be normal,
I thought I could be faithful
I thought raven would stay away because she was happily married

Simple lust would be a quick betrayal and over .. eventually... you either get past it or you don't

falling in love with someone else instead of (or in addition to) is a recurring betrayal every second of every day

Go to page:
Go to: