Richard_the_third
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 9th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 22

SEAN said:isn't sex the main reason we are here?well it is
no sex no life

I think that's reproduction.
Reproduction, sex, and making love are different things I think. The first aspect is often a unintentional by-product of the second and third. I'm no expert, I hasten to add - which probably shows

SEAN
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 8th Nov 2012
Forum Posts: 279

Oh no

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16069

Sex is an ingredient of love...leading to procreation to populate the earth. My humble opinion.

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

I know how you feel...the three erotic poems i have written have more reads then everything else i have written combined...but i think it is like giving kids the choice of candy or broccoli....it's candy every time...

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2400

comment deleted due to I no longer want to be a part of this thread.....lol

kmart2013
K
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 13th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 34

As long as there isn't more poems like those ones speaking of child rape and abuse in the view of the abuser than I don't really care what everyone writes about.

Just sayin 😅

Richard_the_third
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 9th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 22

Mating? Such  a strange description of sex, erotica etc. Reminds me of canines, or farmyard animals.
Sex and erotica make the world go around - I'm no connoisseur - in fact I have probably even spelt it wrong but I do find that women write the best erotica and I have not come across one yet who would describe sex as 'mating'. Maybe that's a rarity. A 'mate' where I come from is a bloke you might go to the football with. Anyway, just felt the need to comment. Lots of deep people on here I'm finding. I hope my hidden shallows don't surface too much. You don't have to be deep to enjoy poetry, but maybe it helps.

JakeBlack
BLACKnBONE
Twisted Dreamer
Kenya
Joined 15th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 7

Sex and love are  two different  things, learning  to differentiate  the  two helps avoid heart aches

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 103awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 331

Grace said:Sex is an ingredient of love...leading to procreation to populate the earth. My humble opinion.

I would agree with Grace on this, adding sex is no fun without love.

Sex is a 'creative' (be it procreative or recreative) act - making love is diametrically opposite to making war when sex is performed in that spirit - so it's perhaps not surprising there is much to be creative about in writing about it. I think that is why so many of my poems are in the erotic section.

poet Anonymous

Ah, yes, must be Spring. The foul stench of the evil Erotica as it emerges from its cave. Hungry after its hibernation. It slithers, slimy into the opening, raises up on two hind legs, scratches it's balls and heads off to devour all that is pure and right about DU....
Perhaps all who stand on the righteous side of the line they've drawn in the sand could write an app that would pin a sneering emoji with the caption "I write erotica" to the sleeves of those who stand on the wrong side of the drawn line whenever they log onto DU? Thereby solving all the problems here.....

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Dear Tornado...there is a thin line between wrong and right and the grey in between of love erotica and sex. Especially with the much advocated 'freedom of expression' tag. Therefore the problem  is solved (  with the 'extreme content' flag.  Here in DU anyway.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

kmart2013 said:As long as there isn't more poems like those ones speaking of child rape and abuse in the view of the abuser than I don't really care what everyone writes about.

Just sayin 😅

Absolutely agree...but again 'freedom of expression' and the right to choose what to read and what not to read. 'Freedom of Choice'.

poet Anonymous

Dear Grace,

Not knocking anyone's rights. It's all fun and games. It just makes me laugh that this "smoking gun" surfaces like clockwork as the root of all that's wrong. It's just so damn funny some times Sorry, was just an opinion, and you know what they say about them....

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

tornado said:Dear Grace,

Not knocking anyone's rights. It's all fun and games. It just makes me laugh that this "smoking gun" surfaces like clockwork as the root of all that's wrong. It's just so damn funny some times Sorry, was just an opinion, and you know what they say about them....

No worries...no knocking at all. Not when we are at the same side of the door.

Go to page:
Go to: