Go to page:

margaret thatcher

poet Anonymous

Mo,
Yep, greed for sure.
She had to have support from others...sounds just like those destroying things over here...started with NAFTA...sold off our manufacturing.....and the rest is history like we're going to be some day....don't even know where to begin...bulls on parade everywhere....rise people!

Oh, that's treason-talk
under our Patriot Act.  
God Bless Jefferson and The Continental Congress....real traitors!

In good company,

Strider

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

I didn't agree with everything she did, but the collapse of the British economy in 2008 took place under a Labour prime minister (the ghastly Gordon Brown) and under a Labour government which had already been in power for 11 years. Our manufacturing base in the 80s was already on its last legs as a result of poor management, over-powerful unions crippling industrial output through constant strikes and go-slows, and cheap foreign imports. Oh, and the day I accept Morrissey as my political advisor is the day I'll have given up on everything.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

"Thatcher will only be fondly remembered by sentimentalists who did not suffer under her leadership"

It's true, some people have nothing but good things to say about the woman. "she saved Britain" blah blah "Iron Lady, never compromised" "crushed the trade unions" Blah blah

On the ground though, real people, real communities were ravaged by her 'vision' and even now third and fourth generations are unemployed because when she shut down the coal mines, she never made an effort to regenerate employment.  

Actually, the Republican Movement owe her so much, because without her shortsightedness and blind hate, they'd have fizzled away into the background.

"The Lady's not for turning"  

poet Anonymous

Mo57 said:just hope the a gun control act come in for you guys...BO's 2nd term..and this is when presidents give up their day job and want to become legends...I think he will push the NRA hard...anything good tho as a legacy would be good.....

Gun control won't happen.  It's
imbedded in the Constitution's
Bill of Rights.  Trying to take away guns from Americans is
the quickest way to another
real revolution...BTW, the current administration is backing down on the legislation already.  This President has a 46% approval rating and the Congress is at 13%.  What's that tell you?
Eeerily similar to other Countries
in history just before the fall...
did someone once say history repeats itself....?

I know lots of people who would like to see it happen.  The Middle Class continues to shrink while we continue to bankrupt ourselves in entitlements and war. The disparity in wealth is widening.

There are more of us than them.

I work for a living and they still want more...

Just sayin'

Strider

poet Anonymous

Rust in piss.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

ahh yes, damn decent Match, good win for City but of no consequence in the grand scheme of things. still great to watch Man U beaten two games in a row.

North no, East coast  

"Margaret Thatcher did great hurt to the Irish and British people during her time as British Prime Minister.
Working class communities were devastated in Britain because of her policies.
Her role in international affairs was equally belligerent whether in support of the Chilean dictator Pinochet, her opposition to sanctions against apartheid South Africa; and her support for the Khmer Rouge.
Here in Ireland her espousal of old draconian militaristic policies prolonged the war and caused great suffering. She embraced censorship, collusion and the killing of citizens by covert operations, including the targeting of solicitors like Pat Finucane, alongside more open military operations and refused to recognise the rights of citizens to vote for parties of their choice.
Her failed efforts to criminalise the republican struggle and the political prisoners is part of her legacy.
It should be noted that in complete contradiction of her public posturing, she authorised a back channel of communications with the Sinn Féin leadership but failed to act on the logic of this.
Unfortunately she was faced with weak Irish governments who failed to oppose her securocrat agenda or to enlist international support in defence of citizens in the north.
Margaret Thatcher will be especially remembered for her shameful role during the epic hunger strikes of 1980 and ’81.
Her Irish policy failed miserably."   -Gerry Adams

poet Anonymous

Mo57 said:understood Strider....I personally think America, as we see the Yen become the pegged currency, is on it's knees, not thru the bnking disaster...but war and a little child called conspiracy in me screams..'how to make the production powerhouse of the world break' well you would stop the ability to buy...as where did the money go??? not seen much of that for the news channel i work for...

Right on.  They stole my retirement...back to square one again.  I do believe there is  method to their madness.  When Texas secedes, I'm moving there...yee haw!

The jig will be up and game on...

Strider

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Mo57 said:Gorden Brown is for me, personally what sterotypes new age, as the press killed him but he was Labour before Labour dared to dream, was fucked by his colleague and bowed out having bailed the UK  post Thatcher
Sorry, Mo57, but have to disagree about Brown. He was the chancellor who took the brakes off banking regulation and allowed an idiotic, runaway boom in property prices, and it was he, not his colleagues, who insulted a staunch Labour supporter he had just spoken to when he didn't realize his radio mike was still turned on. And do you really think that if Thatcher hadn't existed, the mining and shipbuilding industries of the UK would be healthy and prosperous with all the miners and shipbuilders in full-time employment and earning good wages? I have some first-hand knowledge of this as I grew up in a northern shipbuilding town and my dad was a bus driver, so I'm not a member of the privileged upper classes. Thatcher was not the nicest person in the world, but which politician is?

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

On the topic of gun control, I used to believe that it would be for the best. But that isn't true, whether it be for America, Australia or any other democracy. Eventually all governments fall out of line. And the Government must fear and respect its people in order to govern them democratically. And to uphold the values of Liberty, Justice and Freedom.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

deleted; utter waffle

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

You believe firmly in gun control then Mo? Yes or no?

poet Anonymous

Less than 1/16th of a percent of law abiding gun owners commit felony crimes with them.  Nearly 100% of people who use them to commit crimes which includes homicide illegally had them in their possession. The criminals will always find a way to get them.  Destroying all guns is the only way to control them.  Never going to happen...a gov't scared of the people is a wise government.  When you fear a government then tyranny exists...simple world fact fellow humans...

Strider :D

poet Anonymous

Margaret Thatcher was not afraid of the people, defiantly so. With the argument of tact and decency put aside - she was an enemy of the working classes of Britain.

poet Anonymous

Not sure what your point is, Mo.

poet Anonymous

Mo57 said:Evan..Stider..

“A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!”

― Thomas Jefferson

Indeed Mo...what we're talking about...gov'ts are becoming crazy everywhere theses days....

Go to page:
Go to: