Go to page:

Olympics be Abolish(GRAPHIC WARNING)

freddwzz
Naked Satirist
Fire of Insight
Singapore 6awards
Joined 5th May 2012
Forum Posts: 496

Indie said:[quote-120421-freddwzz][quote-120412-Indie]whatever you're a fan of/not a fan of is irrelevant. The Olympics are a symbol of global unity. Unfortunately not all countries adhere to basic human rights, that doesn't mean that the Olympics should be abolished, though it does mean that there needs to be better rules in place so that countries that commit these crimes are unable to participate, and that if they want to compete they have to comply with a set of standards that are humane.

whatever you're a fan of/not a fan of is irrelevant
its irrelevant only if you're only seeing me as singular.

its relevant to the competitors if there ain't any viewership there won't be an event for the "work-out"
and by spectating that event, more childrens are trained for that.if there are lots of fans they will get more sponsorship thus getting better benefits.

Football World Cup is a symbol of global unity as well and its a real sport with great benefits with worldwide constant viewership even after the Cup unlike "running" what are the runners gonna do after olympic? more develop countries maybe they do some advertisements, sure but for many other countries they have nothing left, athletes that spent their whole life learning only how to run/swim/throw ball, HAH let shit fall unto them.[/quote]
Where are your facts based Fred? You're being very arrogant and narrow minded. Not everyone likes football or team sports. I personally think football is rather homoerotic, and I don't want to watch grown men running around in short shorts chasing a ball.

I rarely sport at all. I barely watch TV, doesn't mean I think sport or TV should be banned because I might not like either.

I actually like watching marathon running and things like the triathlon, if they're on when I happen to be around a TV. So despite my apathy towards world sports, those events do have my half arsed viewership, but viewership nonetheless.

For some people sports in a passion, like writing is to some of us. The money doesn't matter, they are living for what they love. And in saying that we all have lives (and some of us jobs) outside our passions. [/quote]

i'm being arrogant and narrow minded? I did never did say that everyone likes football of cause i know its subjective but the viewership/supporter/sponsorship/benefits are lightyears better than any sport(fact).

and FOR minorities that enjoy marathon/triathlon childrens are being forced to partake in such gruesome training.

your analogy with writing, yes its passion and own will but i really dont see childrens aspiring to be the best marathon runner and many are forced but footballers basketballers, definitely their own will.
yes we all have our own lifes, but these obscured after olympic events will haunt them for they have trained their whole life on ain't appreciated by the majority outside olympics.

you have a passion for marathon but do you buy the winner's jersey in turn helping them with their livelihood? no you just watch, clap and then switch the tv off.

http://izismile.com/2012/08/02/how_they_train_olympic_champions_in_china_56_pics.html

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 3209

Fred, I honestly have no idea what the fuck you point is here. This entire thread is stupid. Your issue is human rights, not the Olympics. Human rights are violated everyday all over the world and you want to hijack the Olympics because some countries have inhumane laws... for fucks sake, every country has inhumane laws, even mine. It has nothing to do with the Olympics. Those countries would train those people without the Olympics, because there are still other global sporting competitions all over the world all the time that bring money to countries, governments and individuals.

I'm out of this discussion.

freddwzz
Naked Satirist
Fire of Insight
Singapore 6awards
Joined 5th May 2012

to demolish the delusion of a "work out" being a game. If not for the olympics non will emphasis that much for these "work outs". running/throwing ball/marathon eg has been made a worthy event only as a derivation of the Olympics but not football/basketball/hockey/tennis eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q2N6OioAqk

yea im stupid, whatever. thanks for letting me feel a little more humane.

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

You're not stupid, you're highly opinionated, and so am I.

freddwzz
Naked Satirist
Fire of Insight
Singapore 6awards
Joined 5th May 2012

Indie said:You're not stupid, you're highly opinionated, and so am I.

to offend was not my intention in this thread unlike what i did on other.
and i apologize if i did here.

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

lepperochan said:I don't know how the Olympics is run or officiated. I figured there was some kind of governing body.
The Olympics is run in the same way that all these big international sports organizations, like FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association), are run. Behind them you will find a committee ('clique' might be a better word) of very rich men from various countries, many of whom are crooks, bribe-takers and friends of dictators. They spend their time swanning round the world in luxury being wined and dined by the politicians and businessmen who want them to look favourably on their country. That's why China would never be banned and why some of the nastiest regimes in the world are able to pose as 'Olympians'. There's far too much money and vanity involved for anyone to take a moral stand.

poet Anonymous

Astyanax said:[quote-120461-lepperochan]I don't know how the Olympics is run or officiated. I figured there was some kind of governing body.
The Olympics is run in the same way that all these big international sports organizations, like FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association), are run. Behind them you will find a committee ('clique' might be a better word) of very rich men from various countries, many of whom are crooks, bribe-takers and friends of dictators. They spend their time swanning round the world in luxury being wined and dined by the politicians and businessmen who want them to look favourably on their country. That's why China would never be banned and why some of the nastiest regimes in the world are able to pose as 'Olympians'. There's far too much money and vanity involved for anyone to take a moral stand. [/quote]

This is the best response.
It turned out that the massacre of the 10 or so Israeli Athletes at the Munich Olympics in 1972 was accomplished  by a Nazi German wining and dining and bribing the Olympic committee NOT to give Israel the EXTRA protection it was asking for.  Thus with lesser protection, they permitted the terrorists to have access and kill the athletes.
The Russians were notorious during the communist regime of giving performance enhancing drugs to their Athletes BEFORE they had advanced testing techniques....this is about 30 years ago.  The whole scandal came out...just like the Chinese scandal...however like China, the USSR was a force to be reckoned with. Finally the Russians also privately punished athletes who did not win.
ABOLISH THE OLYMPICS - NO
just clean it up.......
Kitty

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
nikkimoe
Tyrant of Words
United States 12awards
Joined 31st May 2012
Forum Posts: 282

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

what?
retards?
is that a jab at the Special Olympics ?

If so your a fucktard, retards cant help it.

and if they compete in a sport you couldnt do with all your mind who truly is the retard?

and if you were not referring to the Special Olympics my bad.

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

What a vile and ignorant remark! If you're referring to the Paralympics, many of the people involved are injured ex-servicemen and women who've lost limbs defending the wellbeing of arseholes like you. As for Paralympians who suffered genetic defects, whether physical or mental, why should they not be able to prove their prowess on the sports field? The loathsome term 'retard' is best applied to those who use it.

SychophanticSlag
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 24th May 2011
Forum Posts: 1958

whyyyyy are you here. go away.
but atleast you're not typing in all caps so..

braggman
Steve Bragg
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 27th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 1850

I slept with your snow mama last winter. She said that my icicle was bigger than yours, but keep training and you might qualify for the lightweight frozen snowdick Olympics. Mama is willing to help train you.

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

braggman said: Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I slept with your snow mama last winter. She said that my icicle was bigger than yours, but keep training and you might qualify for the lightweight frozen snowdick Olympics. Mama is willing to help train you.

Soul_Man_Ken
Dangerous Mind
United States 9awards
Joined 13th June 2012
Forum Posts: 898

who let the troll out? Seems when one troll is finally ignored or gets a life, another greases in to spew their shit.

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5152

I disagree 100%
I used to live with a little girl who was mentally retarded. It is not something to laugh or make fun of. They do not choose to be that way. And if they want to be in activities, who are you, to tell them otherwise? We all deserve to be happy and have fun, no matter what our condition.

Go to page:
Go to: