Go to page:

How do you judge a mental problem?

fieryangelsouljia
M6rr6g6n
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 30th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 263

How do you judge if somebody has gone a bit wacko? Do they introduce you to a crazy idea of theirs that just might possibly make them millions? Is there a full proof way of judging one's intentions and being exactly sure that there is something wrong with them? They could be complete geniuses or complete nut jobs or both. Is there a way of telling for sure? What are your thoughts on this?

freddwzz
Naked Satirist
Fire of Insight
Singapore 6awards
Joined 5th May 2012
Forum Posts: 496

No way to judge it, it might be a completely rational act but from anothers eye might be insanity. "Insanity" is deemed by anothers eye.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Good question. I normally go with my gut feeling and if my gut tells me to 'proceed with caution'  then i do.

always trust your gut.

failing that make them take this test.

http://penddraig.co.uk/pen/tests/sanity.htm

poet Anonymous

In all honesty, I have a degree in psychology and am quite mental myself at times-BUT, it's when their strange sense of logic turns strange-even for them. I have witnessed it many times-from plain ole crazy to flat out insane-for most people I know who are also genius-the loopiness comes in spells-that being said, if it's someone you don't know well, I would just have a conversation of various topics and if they have reached their beliefs-no matter how mad they seem, by any kind of logical process-I accept them as innovative but if they reach their decisions based on paranoia, narcissism or have any desire to hurt themselves or anyone else (who is undeserving) then, they are probably mentally ill...LOl...but, look who's deciding-ha ha ha

firedaughter
StayAwayFromTheNutcase
Fire of Insight
United States 17awards
Joined 14th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 808

insanity IS geniuse..... in my opinin.. unless they are like psycho nutjobs that try to replicate your DNA and make a clone of you!.............(sorry... irrational fear #37 poked in bit there)

SychophanticSlag
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 24th May 2011
Forum Posts: 1958

firedaughter said:insanity IS geniuse..... in my opinin.. unless they are like psycho nutjobs that try to replicate your DNA and make a clone of you!.............(sorry... irrational fear #37 poked in bit there)
No it isn't.
It's an illness that shouldn't be glorified.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
freddwzz
Naked Satirist
Fire of Insight
Singapore 6awards
Joined 5th May 2012

@Christian, those are not disorder and are just another state of mind.

raorrick
Rachel O.
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 17th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 1590

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

True. Doctor's only guess the diagnosis, then they give meds to treat their guess, then when the meds don't work, they guess again. They keep doing that until they accidentally get it right.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
RSena
Sena
Thought Provoker
United States 5awards
Joined 13th May 2011
Forum Posts: 309

My Personal opinión would no do i know somebody said it but it. Can be very rationAl. Or normal to them, the questions is does it bother the envioroment where you guys are, or his conduct is weird to the eye of other compare to you, are you the only one that see this? This people have other way of setting things different than us. Do we understand them?  I would no judge them.

Sena

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
freddwzz
Naked Satirist
Fire of Insight
Singapore 6awards
Joined 5th May 2012

http://www.cchr.org/quick-facts/introduction.html

quote "Psychiatric disorders are not medical diseases. There are no lab tests, brain scans, X-rays or chemical imbalance tests that can verify any mental disorder is a physical condition. "

Mental illness is just another society stigma that is labeled on people that don't act like the majority.

freddwzz
Naked Satirist
Fire of Insight
Singapore 6awards
Joined 5th May 2012

RSena said:My Personal opinión would no do i know somebody said it but it. Can be very rationAl. Or normal to them, the questions is does it bother the envioroment where you guys are, or his conduct is weird to the eye of other compare to you, are you the only one that see this? This people have other way of setting things different than us. Do we understand them?  I would no judge them.

Sena

exactly

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: