Go to page:

Marijuana

Cannaballester
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 3rd Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 112

Besides the Obvious,,,If you replaced The alcohol at the bar with pot for just one night,,everyone would still have a good time,,without the fight,,,without no one falling down drunk,,,with no dwi,,,now on a larger scale If you legalized it and sold license to grow and export just say 250,000 $ per acre then you could probably pay off the deficit in the first two year with the added savings of releasing all those jailed for marijuana related charges,,and not only that,,,in order to run it like a business you would have to hire thousands of people to Plant Grow harvest,cure and package,advertise,Market transport,and sell Domestically and Internationally ,,so basically if you would admit defeat and realize that the war on marijuana is no closer to being won today than when you first began then The United States would follow canada and legalize  just because it simply cost to much to wage a war ,,when you are getting nowhere,,,,and thats where common sense should Kick in   but I dont think there is any of that left in our government,,,, there are trillions that could be made,,If we just thought about it a different way

DukeDeltree
Duke Deltree
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 15

It just comes down to sovereignty... the people's right to freedom of action and choice within their borders without DC interference. each state has a bill of rights and Constitution that supersedes Federal claim to all states and there efforts to control all like they (the Feds)own it all. and we the people are just straw men. they need to be reminded that they (the Feds) are just the district of Columbia, with control issues.

rustyoltool
Strange Creature
Joined 26th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2

I never seen a toker get staggering drunk/stoned like on alky, much less cause the 100's of thousands of deaths that occur from people drinking and driving each year. Worse yet the family problems, serious health risks incurred as well. Sure pot smokers have there hang ups and problems too. But I see it as a lesser of the two evils in a worse case scenario. Regardless if it's legal or not, users will want and get it. And the only reason it's illegal is the government cant find a way to put a tax on it. But they have figured a way to make plenty thru the legal and judicial system --those are the real kingpins and money makers...

MsManicure
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1

I know most of you are relating to the US laws but here in the Uk it is even worse as not available on prescription under any circumstances and no way will they legalise coz they too flippin scared of the 'do gooders' who wld kick up a stink. Can you believe they have just bought in a law wherby it is now 'illegal' to have any tobacco out on display, its all shut away in draws and cupboards and you have to ask for it like you some kind of flippin criminal gettin illegal drugs.

As an avid pot smoker of many years I agree with alot of the comments especially that ive never known an aggressive toker and it is medically proven to also help MS sufferers, I can vouch for the sleep disorders as is main reason I myself partake and numerous other ailments. The only negative relates to people who start smoking it at a young age (teens to age 20 ish) as it does appear to link with psycosis later in life but legalise it with a 21 age except if on prescription. The govenment would make millions on tax duty so they missin out on making a fortune.  

Jimmyos
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 13th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 25

I have a poem on my profile that perfectly states how I feel about the subject :)

babygurljrl
Jenn Rawlines-Leblanc
Lost Thinker
Canada
Joined 29th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 10

I agree that weed should be legalized and I do smoke once in a while but very rarely. I used to smoke all day every day but i got to the point where i was basically immune to it and had to smoke ten joints to get a buzz. It is rediculous that liquor is legal and weed isn't. Look at the death per year by drunk drivers, look at the drunk tanks being full of rowdy drunks every night, look at the stupid things people do while drunk. You just don't see that with weed. As far as other drugs I do not think all drugs should be legal AT ALL. I am speaking from four years experience as an addict and as someone who has tried pretty much every drug available plus a few i wasnt even sure what they were. Drugs ruin lives and tear families apart. It is the truth and I have lived it. I think that as far as weed being a gateway drug it just depends on the individual. Some people just seem to have an addictive personality. My drugs of choice were opiates (oxycontin and hydromorphine) and crack cocaine and the turned my life upside down. I now have a criminal record of about five or six charges, each of them directly related to drug use. I had child protection involved in my life for three years and just finally got them out last year. They will ruin your life and that is a promise.

I do not care if people smoke weed but it is like any drug, there ias point when it begins affecting your life negatively and that is when you have to be able to recognize that and take a step back.

JAITO
Magic poemz
Fire of Insight
Kenya 8awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 171

if   u  come  from    egypt  u  will   tell   me    dont  mention   that  name.if u  are  in  jamaica   i  know  this   is   your  favourate  topic

mbass33
matthew bass
Fire of Insight
Honduras 7awards
Joined 22nd Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 334

The federal law aginst Marajauna was heavally endorsed by states that have historically pushed states rights issues.  State constititions have never superceded the federal constitution.  We tried that once with the Articles of confederation and it was a dismal failure.  Now, how much authority is placed in the hands of the federal government is up for debate although, for a western republic we have a very small government.  If we strictly followed the constitution we would have much more than 535 representatives and senators.  It was capped by a constitiutional amendment.  Marajauna should be legal because the fedeal act was based on racist hysteria, and I feel does violate the spirit of personal freedom.  The states rights arguement against the illegalization of marajuana is a symptom of a much more tangible fear of the loss of freedom, not a justification.  This is not the first time the U.S has indulged in the practice of repression against its own people.  Slavery, women´s voting rights, Jim Crow, the reservaton system, exploitation of workers in the industrial revolution, communist witch hunts after both world wars. Most young people in the U.S support the decriminalization of Marajuana and when the current political class dies or retires in the coming decades these young people will be in charge.  In the long run the U.S has had a steady increase in overall freedom over the last 235 years, with hiccups along the way(nothing can be completely linear) and this one of them but that will pass our children and grand children will think about the good ole days when they are facing their own monumental problems

KingSchmoe
wangzijie
Thought Provoker
Mongolia
Joined 28th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 545

Cannaballester said: then The United States would follow canada and legalize
...It's not legal in Canada. Anywhere. -.- I don't think it should be legal, same with cigarettes and alcohol. It has absolutely no positive effects and it makes people stupid.

rustyoltool said: much less cause the 100's of thousands of deaths that occur from people drinking and driving each year.
Yes, that's because Marijuana is illegal and therefore less common than alcohol. Driving while stoned is 1,000x more dangerous than driving while drunk.

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

KingSchmoe said:[quote-59879-Cannaballester] then The United States would follow canada and legalize
...It's not legal in Canada. Anywhere. -.- I don't think it should be legal, same with cigarettes and alcohol. It has absolutely no positive effects and it makes people stupid.

rustyoltool said: much less cause the 100's of thousands of deaths that occur from people drinking and driving each year.
Yes, that's because Marijuana is illegal and therefore less common than alcohol. Driving while stoned is 1,000x more dangerous than driving while drunk. [/quote]

I believe being a sober asshole should be illegal.
Only perpetual sober bliss for the ignorant!

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

KingSchmoe said:[quote-59879-Cannaballester] then The United States would follow canada and legalize
...It's not legal in Canada. Anywhere. -.- I don't think it should be legal, same with cigarettes and alcohol. It has absolutely no positive effects and it makes people stupid.[/quote]

It's decrimanalized. That means you can have some[a certain amount] on you, but you can't buy sell or grow it. They have a national cannabis day for gods sake and chain seed stores that sell start up packs.

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

while that's true B.C. passed a decriminalization bill that will get it a lot closer to legalization. But that is still to say that there is a lot of stigma among conservatives w/ pot. Stephen Harpers gov' changed sentencing in alberta for 5 plants of marijuana to be considered legally a worse offence than rapeing a child. So the fight may be further along than the states, but we still have a long way to go to reach some sort of logical conclusion

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

It's amazing to think that not long ago it was legal, it was used for almost everything. Tons of different medicines, rope and a myriad of different things. They've contradicted themselves a number of different times saying it was bad then good then bad again when they said it was making their men[potential soldiers] too peaceful during the Vietnam war.

The test that says that smoking weed kills braincells was rigged. They used monkeys and where supposed to give them a little bit of weed each day, instead they gave a months worth of weed to them at the end of the month effectively suffocating them. I'm not saying it doesn't kill braincells but they havn't proven it and I know some insanely smart people who smoke shitloads of weed.

goodest
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 3007

legal or illegal we still smoking....so pass that shit....lol

LyricalLady
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 31st Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 134

Weed  weed  weed...
Tis something i need...
Seriously...
It takes me
To places...
And honestly
I go
Outerspace...
I kno
It sound cra'y
But it feels good to me
It's my therapy
Relieves my stress and my pain...
All troubles seem to fade
It's really
No wonder i wanna do this again and again...
It's like a friend
Never lets me down
Wipes away my frown
Lets me drop these shields i hold
Lets me be
Myself...
It completes me
It satisfies me
It comforts me
Has me feeling no shame...
This is how I am...
And only God can judge me...

This is a strong subject for me for real, cuz weed does help individuals and for depression definitely it helps... i kno...

Go to page:
Go to: