Go to page:

Marijuana

poet Anonymous

I actually do think, and know from personal experience, that marijuana can stimulate creativity, much in the same way consuming any substance can stimulate creativity. If one were to eat three oranges everyday it would make them write, play music, think differently. Coffee can be a stimulus to creativity. Anyone who claims they "can't be creative" without the use of marijuana is just a sham: they simply have not tried or have not understood that "sobriety" as a state of mind doesn't literally exist. All that you consume becomes you. "You are what you eat."

I think it all drops down to moderation. If one is always high, then they lose knowledge of what it is like to function and create things and think while they are not high. I have seen this happen to many people. They're just constantly stoned and have no idea what's going on. They have made it a priority to get high all the time. But this is their own destructive choice. "Everything in moderation," the great philosophers always say.

Kameron
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 8th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 165

Quandry said:Alright, I can compromise with that. I just think that we'd be better off dealing with our problems by understanding them, rather than putting them on hold. It's hard work, and it takes a lot of willpower, but I think that a father who just isn't upset in general might be better than a father who seems to be always upset, except when he's quelled by Marijuana. Of course, I'm in no place to say whether or not your father would be "better off", that's sort of your call.

I honestly wish that were that case. I wish he wanted to be better, but I can't do anything to change him. For the record, he's my step father. I had to live with them for a while, it was terrible. Angry is an understatement. He's narcissistic, post-violent, and... scary. I really do prefer it when he smokes because he's calm and in his own little world instead of yelling or hitting things.

Quandry
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 27th May 2011
Forum Posts: 48

Kameron said:I honestly wish that were that case. I wish he wanted to be better, but I can't do anything to change him. For the record, he's my step father. I had to live with them for a while, it was terrible. Angry is an understatement. He's narcissistic, post-violent, and... scary. I really do prefer it when he smokes because he's calm and in his own little world instead of yelling or hitting things.

It's very difficult for someone to willingly look at their flaws and try to make a change; even if they try, sometimes they aren't provided with the right inspirations and resources. I'm glad that Marijuana has kept him from anger and abuse, and that he atleast was temporarily held from expressing those emotions physically. I also agree that it's not your decision to change him, and that I know you know that he has to change willingly before any progress could be made. But I don't believe that it fixed the problem, it only put him on hold, and that's not dealing with the problem, it's just avoiding it. I don't really care, nor mind, that he uses Marijuana, I just know that it's not cracked up to what it's supposed to be.

TryHarderMartyr said:
I think it all drops down to moderation. If one is always high, then they lose knowledge of what it is like to function and create things and think while they are not high. I have seen this happen to many people. They're just constantly stoned and have no idea what's going on. They have made it a priority to get high all the time. But this is their own destructive choice. "Everything in moderation," the great philosophers always say.

Technically, everything changes your life. If I didn't respond to you and just Kameron, than you wouldn't be reading this, and you wouldn't know where I stand regarding your words. And when it falls down to it, if I carry your arguement with me and mention it, you becoming obliged to be more active in the discussion. And the discussion can certaintly affect you more than eating an orange!

I sort of agree with what you're saying; I'm glad you understand that Marijuana should be a mean of experimentation rather than casual habit. I don't have a problem with Marijuana as much as I do the pseudo-intellectual culture it breeds, and an incessant need to "legalize" or "decriminalize". Drugs aren't natural for the body. They can heal you, they can make you forget, they can make you pay attention, but they're foreign substances that alter your mind beyond the experience and they always will be. Whether they help you or hurt you, they're not necessary for you to live a happy life, and that notion is forgotten in the smoke of pot culture.

poet Anonymous

Some small corrections, for the record;

Mary Jane has been shown conclusively, in peer-reviewed studies, to inhibit brain develop in humans....so don't smoke it hard until you are around 23.

Hemp was banned in the west due to political pressure yes, but it was because it was a direct competition to cotton, not paper. Try making hemp paper for yourself, it's not that great (yes, I make paper as one of various sides to my light-making adventures).

Everything in moderation, including moderation. Some people shouldn't fuck with it, just like some people shouldn't drive cars...work that shit out for yourself. Just don't get a conviction for it anywhere where they take that shit seriously...can stay with you for years and years...

Whatever.

(I have seen it used medicinally in cancer wards to great effect to offset the nausea of chemo, but most people out there believe all sorts of stupid shit about it...it's just another plant, not some fucking super-wicked-mega drug...)

KingSchmoe
wangzijie
Thought Provoker
Mongolia
Joined 28th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 545

I agree that it's not some "super-wicked-mega drug," but it's not just another plant. Smoking it is unhealthy. If you're going to use weed, the healthiest way it to either vaporize it, or to cook it in oil and turn it into tea. Cooking it in oil is so you can get all of the THC out of it. I don't know the whole procedure, but that's pretty much it. Look it up online if you like. It's just that most people are too lazy to do anything with it and are like "Fuck my body!" and just smoke it.

poet Anonymous

Actually mate it is....daytura, banana, tobacco, coca, coffee, tea, mushrooms (not technically plants), black wattle...and on it goes. Mary is one of a huge list of plants that do 'stuff' to us.

As for 'getting THC out"...another fine example of people who 'know' stuff. The process of heating the plant changes the chemicals in the plant into THC, hence the need to heat it. Vaporising, often touted as the healthy alternative, does not contain the particulate material, but our lungs don't cope with the higher humidity or sometimes raised temperatures (in some models) either.

A water bong removes temperature, particulates and tar very effectively, but only if the water is kept clean. The most dangerous aspect of smoking is the deep inhale and hold....very damaging to lung tissue.

The 'safest' way to take mary is eating it, but the long heavy stone is not what a lot of people are looking for.

Again, everything in moderation.

As an aside, Otago University in Dunedin, New Zealand has done a lot of very well respected work on mary...how to take it, who shouldn't take it, who should, health negatives and positives (very few that stand investigation), long term effects of heavy use, its role as a feeder into harder drugs etc etc...highly worth the reading, and you won't find fuck all of it while doing 'research' on the net.

Know what you know.

UnleashedHeathen
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 6th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 578

I've just heard from my dad who originally introduced me.
I can't handle it more than once every couple of days.

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

To be honest, knowing that the brain can more properly handle pot at around 23 is very interesting, and unfortunatly I still have two years till then lol. However I strongly obstain (meaning once every 5 or 6 months on average) from heavy use...REALLY tripping balls.

And this seems like a good opportunity to clarify something noone has mentioned to me yet, and that is that pot certainly is not some "mega drug" , tho I find  it spiritually "mega" useful, in so that I find inspiration in the metaphors and artistic purpose weed and it's recent history of being illogically supressed and lied about brings to me. Hence why I enjoy writing pot themed story poems, not because "omg pots soooooo amazing". Dopesmoker, by Sleep, for example,is just such a gorgeous song w/ so much depth to it,and art like that reinforces my support of the RESPONSIBLE use of it.

fantasy
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 11th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 2

TryHarderMartyr said:Marijuana is currently not legalized in the United States. It is "decriminalized" in a few states, i.e. California, Colorado.

I wonder what the reasoning is.

Is it the mind-set that the drug induces you to, or is it some sort of politic?

I'm not trying to pose some sort of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemmajust want to know personal thoughts and experiences.

marii_janex
Marii
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 9th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 6

Marijuana is less harmful for you than cigarettes and alcohol, yet those are legalized. The only proven harmful, long-term effect is people having issues with memory. Though, I know somebody who has been smoking pot for over 50 years and they don't seem to be affected at all.

LyricalLady
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 31st Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 134

maikeru555 said:Legalize it! Regular cigarettes compared to Mary Jane are still just as bad if not worse in my opinion...if legalized, I believe the only people that would do it are maybe a few more that haven't tried it, or the ones who already do it. Marijuana has been proven to help irritable bowl syndrome, and can be used as a muscle relaxer. I have irritable bowl, it would be helpful to me...currently there is no treatment for what I have, so the legalization of it would be a godsend for me! Irritable Bowl syndrome sucks ass btw...hold on...I have to take a shit...."laughs"

I'm sorry but I'm high and that shit made me laugh!!! LMAO!! But anyways I agree with legalizing it. I mean why not? If anything it'd only help the economy. It would bring in so much profit, cause i mean as many smokers i know, then i know there's waaaaay more all over the USA.

braggman
Steve Bragg
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 27th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 1850

I feel it should be legalized, however it is an exaggeration to say that no harm comes from smoking it. Harm comes from smoking anything. All smoke destroys the lungs to some degree. Wood smoke, tobacco smoke, and yes even pot smoke. I had to quit finally after 3 decades of smoking. My emphysema has gotten to the point that I had the lung strength of an 80 year old man. I kicked a lot of addictions including heroin and crack and I'll tell you there was no habit harder to break. I knew the smoke was killing me and it took me 15 years of trying to finally quit. If you can't live without it, do yourself a favor and start cooking with ganja cooked in any oil. I ate it exclusively for the last year I used it, but the temptation to smoke it when I had it was always there.... so 9 months now, sadly sober on all fronts. In terms of its relationship to creativity, it is great for creating poems, but shit for editing them. I think it's useful for creating because it deepens obsession. It is less useful for editing because that's when I need the detachment to be able to throw lines and ideas out when they aren't working. When I'm high I'm just too attached to my ideas, my private jokes, and my ambiguous word playing.

venturous
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 15th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 11

ATTENTION TO ALL WHO READ THIS DO NOT BE DECEIVED ABOUT MOST OF INFO OUT HERE ABOUT DRUGS.

Lets begin with the first step of understanding.
ALL drugs are substances from different forms of life.
We might wanna call this the essence of a particular thing living or not.
The type of drugs which we call medicine are suppose to
alleviate, cure, or prevent illness.
Through out history and in every race someone has been in control
of the medicine. Any high priest or elder etc.. would rather a person
believe the power of healing and cure come from a outside source
rather then know of a substance which could be obtained.  
Remember some places in history refer drugs as alchemy.

The understanding which i have come to about drugs are
most drugs make you feel good for the ones that don't there are other effects.
There are two things about our society that i notice
#1- If I am cured they will no longer profit form me.
#2- A person will do about almost anything for relief.

I do not wish anyone do a drug unless they need to, which might be call a blessing.
The reason why most people do drugs that they don't need is either lack of self control
or they are unconsciously seeking some type of relieve form whatever.
But we all know drugs do not solve problems people do or try to attempt.
In the condition our world is in, most people who are not accustom to change
consider getting high, or maybe not lol.

my opinion on marijuana is that it probably has more benefits mentally
and some minor physically compared to smokes and liquor. smokes suppress        
hunger while boos suppress memory, plus other affects. But they add alot of
chemicals to man made drugs so it get pretty think. My advise is study,
even then don't believe it all.  

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 453

i love weed. i would stop but i just dont want to. but if someday i decide i want to im pretty shure id quit. like maybe if i cough blood or somethin. then id probably take a break until by bodys ready..

Rahouart_Idras
Strange Creature
Finland
Joined 12th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 8

Just doesn't do anything for me anymore.
Just makes me tired.
Other potions offer more euphoria and inspiration.

Go to page:
Go to: