Go to page:

Marijuana

dahlusion
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 10th July 2011
Forum Posts: 106

Religion controls politics, it always has ——take a look at the high numbers of Right-wing Christians
in high-ranking political positions. The Church says: Marijuana induces free-thinking and free-will,
and we can't have that.

I am happy not to  be religious: down with monotheism; up with free-will!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

yeah!! in the words of the great Dylan "everybody must get stoned"

UnleashedHeathen
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 6th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 578

Its hard to fathom how one can accept alcoholism rather than Mary Jane.
Marijiuanna merely kills the braincells which leaves one  much more ignorant than before.
Seriously, I've never heard of one dieing of stupidity.  What's the harm you pricks..

poet Anonymous

UnleashedHeathen said:Its hard to fathom how one can accept alcoholism rather than Mary Jane.
Marijiuanna merely kills the braincells which leaves one  much more ignorant than before.
Seriously, I've never heard of one dieing of stupidity.  What's the harm you pricks..

There's no conclusive proof that marijuana destroys neurons in the brain.

UnleashedHeathen
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 6th Dec 2011

Really. How surprising. My dad told me so.
You must have done your research?

Muggle
The Word And Verse
Twisted Dreamer
Ethiopia
Joined 26th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 149

muggle is inclined to agree with the Welshman. Just look at the supreme artists, littérateur's,Inventors,Directors, who partake in the smoking of weed and have bestowed upon us wonderful wonderful Art,Books,Poetry,Music,Inventions, and many many more great things that escape me right now.

-SR

poet Anonymous

UnleashedHeathen said:Really. How surprising. My dad told me so.

I've done a little research, but the problem with finding facts about the plant is that there are two vehemently opposed arguments surrounding it. There is some evidence that marijuana use inhibits short-term memory and some users even describe problems with some experiences not being transferred to long-term memory, but as I said, there is no concrete evidence either way.

Alcohol is incredibly more harmful than marijuana, but we have been lucky enough to have incredibly great pieces of art, music, poetry, literature created under the influence of both alcohol and marijuana, so it's difficult to correlate the supposed harmful effects of each substance with the alleged effects on human creativity.

UnleashedHeathen
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 6th Dec 2011

Cthonian said:[quote-54709-UnleashedHeathen]Really. How surprising. My dad told me so.

I've done a little research, but the problem with finding facts about the plant is that there are two vehemently opposed arguments surrounding it. There is some evidence that marijuana use inhibits short-term memory and some users even describe problems with some experiences not being transferred to long-term memory, but as I said, there is no concrete evidence either way.

Alcohol is incredibly more harmful than marijuana, but we have been lucky enough to have incredibly great pieces of art, music, poetry, literature created under the influence of both alcohol and marijuana, so it's difficult to correlate the supposed harmful effects of each substance with the alleged effects on human creativity. [/quote]

Good point there. Thanks for the enlightening.

Quandry
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 27th May 2011
Forum Posts: 48

dahlusion said:Religion controls politics, it always has ——take a look at the high numbers of Right-wing Christians
in high-ranking political positions. The Church says: Marijuana induces free-thinking and free-will,
and we can't have that.

I am happy not to  be religious: down with monotheism; up with free-will!

I'm actually amused by your sarcasm! I agree that the athiests that the media potrays are truly ignorant to human culture, and do nothing to help the world seek enlightenment. And that bit that Marijuana induces free-thinking and free-will? LOL.

And besides, the "Church"? That was a good one. As if one Church represented them all, haha. It's also funny to think that destroying an idea which has traditionally been known to enlighten had constricted the hold of the average American's grubby hands on lust, gluttony and greed, and by attempting to purge these purely material faults, they're depressing your free will.

I'm actually wondering you're serious, though. Who really thinks that a chemical high is a serious way to "free' yourself? I'm pretty sure all it does is put you in a new cage away from the old and tired one that seems to have a lot of problems.

Marijuana puts you in a state of lethargy, which really results in the apolitical and pseudo-intellectual mindsets that my peers adopt, unfortunately dumbing down political ideology to a football game. Talk about controlling government! Political debate is a joke, and the next candidate is a matter of advertisements rather than understanding what's best for our country. I don't think being high helps us in our pursuit to fix all of our problems we don't realize we have, since we're apparently too busy enjoying this "harmless" drug until the world blows up around us.

You know that feeling, deep down, that you know it's wrong? You know it's there. And it's very right. There's no statistic in the world, nor enough pot advocates who sell the drugs themselves saying "it's not addictive" "it's not harmful", and some people really eat that up. And then they laugh at people who listen to the GOVERNMENT while they listen to their drug dealers instead! All I'm saying is, close the door on this new "fad", the "next cool thing", and discover yourself through yourself, not through foreign substances.

Sicx
Thought Provoker
1awards
Joined 18th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 301

UnleashedHeathen said:Its hard to fathom how one can accept alcoholism rather than Mary Jane.

Actually there is reported research on it. The only reason that the report came out that it kills braincells was because of the test they did on several monkeys. 30 joints a day threw an oxygen mask but that's what cut off the oxygen. Now I wouldn't have to explain it if you paid attention in class, But since the mask wasn't used for what is what meant to do in return it killed their braincells from lack of oxygen. This report was released by the government but in a strange way since it took them awhile. I still laugh when they called marijuana a communist drug that will brain wash you haha. Its a plant with a lot of benefits the only thing that bothers me is people who enjoy it toooo much. Most people don't enjoy taking certain medicines but will get high all day and bask in marijuana... makes no sense.

KingSchmoe
wangzijie
Thought Provoker
Mongolia
Joined 28th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 545

I don't know if anyone's already said this, and frankly I'm not going to read everyone's comments. Here's a fun history lesson for y'all. Marijuana was always legal until this big executive of a huge paper company realized how much cheaper and easier it is to make hemp paper. He didn't like that one bit. He payed off the big-wig's in the government to make marijuana illegal. Believe it or not, the government officials get payed off by company executives all the time, even in America today. The reason Marijuana isn't legalized now is  because the government can't make money off of it. Most of the people reading this right now are thinking "Of course the government can, they could just package it and give it a brand and sell it with 20000000% tax!" Well, they could, but then the huge growers would just lower their prices and still make tonnes more money with marijuana than the government ever could.

-Note: I'm very tired and I'm not sure if any of this made sense. It's 1:15 AM right now.

KingSchmoe
wangzijie
Thought Provoker
Mongolia
Joined 28th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 545

I don't know if anyone's already said this, and frankly I'm not going to read everyone's comments. Here's a fun history lesson for y'all. Marijuana was always legal until this big executive of a huge paper company realized how much cheaper and easier it is to make hemp paper. He didn't like that one bit. He payed off the big-wig's in the government to make marijuana illegal. Believe it or not, the government officials get payed off by company executives all the time, even in America today. The reason Marijuana isn't legalized now is  because the government can't make money off of it. Most of the people reading this right now are thinking "Of course the government can, they could just package it and give it a brand and sell it with 20000000% tax!" Well, they could, but then the huge growers would just lower their prices and still make tonnes more money with marijuana than the government ever could.

-Note: I'm very tired and I'm not sure if any of this made sense. It's 1:15 AM right now.

Kameron
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 8th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 165

Quandry said:You know that feeling, deep down, that you know it's wrong? You know it's there. And it's very right. There's no statistic in the world, nor enough pot advocates who sell the drugs themselves saying "it's not addictive" "it's not harmful", and some people really eat that up. And then they laugh at people who listen to the GOVERNMENT while they listen to their drug dealers instead! All I'm saying is, close the door on this new "fad", the "next cool thing", and discover yourself through yourself, not through foreign substances.

There's too much feeling behind all of this. You either have had bad experience with this in your life or you have been around people with said experience. It's not "right." That feeling about it being wrong; there's so much factual/psychological study bullshit behind feelings and whatnot that it's all based on experience since you were a baby and the truth behind the moments that you learn later on because you don't have free will until you figure out that you do - which can be at any age. Basically, the feeling is from fear, having it branded into your mind before the break that it is "bad." It doesn't help that it's illegal because a lot of people pride themselves in their government (usually in [denied] hopes that they become apart of it in someway, someday) so they are more likely to be inclined to the laws.

I'm more of a 'do what you do to get along with what you have' kind of person. I make it work, whatever it is. "Resourcefulness" or whatever.

I have a few examples.

Good weed:
My step dad is a very, very angry man. He works hard, he takes care of his family, but he's always upset. When he smokes it makes things less stressful, he can afford it and uses it daily. (I really prefer the man when smokes as to when he doesn't.)
From family and friends I know a lot of people who when they smoke become more applicable. It's easier for them to do work, clean, and get things done in general. To most of these people pot isn't really that big of a thing and only do it on occasion, but it helps them out.

Bad weed:
Mentioned this before, when I was a kid and was living with addicts they'd steal from us and sell our things. It was a must have.
It is addictive simply because it's a habit and any habit can become an addiction in some form or another.
It can get you in legal trouble, that's a given.
I also know too many kids that come to think they're awesome beyond belief because they're doing drugs. They spend the time they should be preparing their lives "hanging out" and being idiots. I'm not one for high school or any of those but learning how to drive and being able to be legal on the road is very important for not having a shitty future. Being able to get a job, even if you use the bus. I'm also not one to think of the future, but fucking up the present is a little too much.

I'm tired, I think I mentioned something about being indifferent earlier. Here's another few cents.

Quandry
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 27th May 2011
Forum Posts: 48

Kameron said:

Good weed:
My step dad is a very, very angry man. He works hard, he takes care of his family, but he's always upset. When he smokes it makes things less stressful, he can afford it and uses it daily. (I really prefer the man when smokes as to when he doesn't.)
From family and friends I know a lot of people who when they smoke become more applicable. It's easier for them to do work, clean, and get things done in general. To most of these people pot isn't really that big of a thing and only do it on occasion, but it helps them out.

Bad weed:
Mentioned this before, when I was a kid and was living with addicts they'd steal from us and sell our things. It was a must have.
It is addictive simply because it's a habit and any habit can become an addiction in some form or another.
It can get you in legal trouble, that's a given.
I also know too many kids that come to think they're awesome beyond belief because they're doing drugs. They spend the time they should be preparing their lives "hanging out" and being idiots. I'm not one for high school or any of those but learning how to drive and being able to be legal on the road is very important for not having a shitty future. Being able to get a job, even if you use the bus. I'm also not one to think of the future, but fucking up the present is a little too much.

Alright, I can compromise with that. I just think that we'd be better off dealing with our problems by understanding them, rather than putting them on hold. It's hard work, and it takes a lot of willpower, but I think that a father who just isn't upset in general might be better than a father who seems to be always upset, except when he's quelled by Marijuana. Of course, I'm in no place to say whether or not your father would be "better off", that's sort of your call.

OctoberArts
October
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 14th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 596

...I dont really see the point to any of this..if its bad for you its bad for you ..if its good for you its good for you.. like millions of people are gonna stop smoking it if you prove its bad..no that wont happen. People do things for different reasons it's always been that way, even without weed. So do what your gonna do and live how your gonna live, just dont give me shit for it. Pot head for life

Also just saying lol anyone who likes doing drugs. theres a competion going. just write a poem about you first time being messed up.

Go to page:
Go to: