Go to page:

Marijuana

Inspiration_Speaks
Courtney Singleton
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 33

Marijuana= legalize it is actually one of the safest drugs you can use, it helps you calm down with the THC recptors in your brain, it actually helps kill CANCER so why the fuck won't they legalize it? does anyone know where all our tax money is going to?...drug wars, mostly over pot. Nobody has ever died from weed. Drinking coffee is more deadly then weed, but still marijuana is still illegal.  Delaware became the 13th state in the united states on may 18 to legalize weed for medicinal purposes, if our stupid government actually listened to the truth and stop caring about money then marijuana would be in the clear. but our government is runned by assholes who apparently need the money. Money won't get you happiness, it won't get you anywhere. Fucking bastards >.>...

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2255

Why is it legal to be a drunk    
but not a toker
could you explain
at the batterd womans hostals
the childrens homes
the hospitals and the graves
do you not understand
how many woman and childen
         only you can save

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

drone said:Why is it legal to be a drunk    
but not a toker
could you explain
the childrens homes
do you not understand
         only you can save

I imagine one would have a difficult time trying to twist that up in a Zigzag paper.

kyikyi
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 12th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 3

drone said:Why is it legal to be a drunk    
but not a toker
could you explain
the childrens homes
do you not understand
         only you can save

that is really good!

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

Inspiration_Speaks said:Marijuana= legalize it is actually one of the safest drugs you can use, it helps you calm down with the THC recptors in your brain, it actually helps kill CANCER so why the fuck won't they legalize it? does anyone know where all our tax money is going to?...drug wars, mostly over pot. Nobody has ever died from weed. Drinking coffee is more deadly then weed, but still marijuana is still illegal.  Delaware became the 13th state in the united states on may 18 to legalize weed for medicinal purposes, if our stupid government actually listened to the truth and stop caring about money then marijuana would be in the clear. but our government is runned by assholes who apparently need the money. Money won't get you happiness, it won't get you anywhere. Fucking bastards >.>...

Probably because legalization would result in more wide spread use and bring about a different behavior in the users.

The powers that be would rather see reckless close minded drunkards rather than people with an open and peacefully happy sense of being.

goodest
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 3007

legal or not im stil smoken....lol....God Gave it 2 us....& most of my work was inspired by mary....how can i stop....

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

Legalization would ease alot of tension, but I'd really hate to see what would happen to the underground marijuana culture if the good herb was over commercialized by the greed heads.

The same cheezy advertising gimmicks associated with selling a 12 pack of overrrated cheap domestic beer ? The average head is much more sophisticated than someone tanked up on cheap chemically enhanced beer.

TheDreamDancer
Lost Thinker
Joined 17th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 40

o.k here take a look at this:
 In Louisiana you can drink all day'n night if you want to and will be sold 24 hours anywhere where food is sold...the people are pretty mellow about drinking or just plain mellow all the time because its always available/they know they don't have to sit there and only be able to drink at a certain time or get drunk then
 Although in Texas it's sold only at certain times of the day/week, not saying they're uptight about swallowing their beer at certain time, but they don't seem so mellow about it

Now they i've said this, lets think if Mary j was allowed all the time like Louisiana with their alcoholic beverages( not moon shine though its STILL illegal=( ) people would gradually be more layed back about using it because its always with in reach and its always there...and people everywhere would probably not be so "grounded" =J
WE Are pulling a Texas move and stashing everything away for later...god we'er as bad as the squirrels

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

goodest said:legal or not im stil smoken....lol....God Gave it 2 us....& most of my work was inspired by mary....how can i stop....

And which god do you speak of ?

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

rayheinrich said:    It has to do with if you consider it moral to take recreational drugs.
   Many religious and political groups in the USA consider it immoral and
   have tried to legislate their moral beliefs by making recreational drugs
   illegal. Of course, by now, there are many commercial interests (privatized
   prisons for instance) who have a lot to loose as well.

Though maybe it's just this:

"If You’re Against Recreational Drug Use, There’s A Good Chance You’re Against Recreational Sex."

While many items predict to some extent whether people are opposed to
     recreational drugs, the most closely related predictors are people's views on
     sexual promiscuity. While people who are more religious and those who are more
     politically conservative do tend to oppose recreational drugs, in both study
     samples the predictive power of these religious and ideological items was
     reduced nearly to zero by controlling for items tracking attitudes toward sexual
     promiscuity.

"This provides evidence that views on sex and views on drugs are very closely
     related," said Kurzban, associate professor in the Department of Psychology and
     director of the Pennsylvania Laboratory for Experimental Evolutionary Psychology
     at Penn. "If you were to measure people's political ideology, religiosity and
     personality characteristics, you can predict to some degree how people feel
     about recreational drugs. But if, instead, you just measure how people feel
     about casual sex, and ignore the abstract items, the predictions about people's
     views on drugs in fact become quite a bit better."

more here:
   http://www.physorg.com/news195884892.html  

This man hit it right on the head. This is the real last barrier stopping legal Marijuana, as well as other freedoms. People like you should be on the debate teams getting to the real heart of the issue rather than stats that everyone knows the truth about anyway but no longer care.

I wish the U.S. could just get this overwith so the NDP can pass a bill in Canada to legalize it the next year

Whitewand6
Dangerous Mind
India 16awards
Joined 1st Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

Well I am from India. I go up to the mighty Himalayas and sit in the pristine hills with my chillum. And the best charas I could get anywhere in a 5000 mile radius. I don't mow people over or shoot my fellow human beings. I just sit and then its an inward journey. Marijuana has a deep rooted significance in manmy Asian countries amongst religious sects, the most important being Shaivas(Shiva worshippers). Most of them live as ascetics, millions of light years away from I-pads and Mastercards. True Marijuana has not killed anyone, but in Himachal pradesh(In India)from the thousands of Israeli backpackers(most of them coming from their mandatory military services) a dozen just walk into the wild and never come back. Post a romance with mary jane. And the puritans term it 'disillusionment'.Law makers know that by legalising marijuana they would lose on so many grounds. I imagine a revival of Beat generation and absolutely no wars or any sort of conflicts. And there would be smiling faces everywhere.:) And they say depression would be the single most potent killer in twenty years.:)

goodest
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 3007

the only God there is....I Am....

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16217

To smoke or not to smoke is a person's prerogative. That's what freedom of choice means. Alcohol kills more people than smoking, anyway...at least where immediate instant death is concerned.So who's to say which one is the lesser of two evils?  

i_Just_Might
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 9th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 10

All drugs should be legalized its just an atempt to keep control on what some peoples idea of reality should be

BeautifulNightmare
Strange Creature
Joined 9th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 3

legalize it!!!

Go to page:
Go to: