Go to page:

Marijuana

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

I see no reason why it should not be legalized. I did it in high school and college and it was illegal. I really can't recall anyone who hadn't at least tried it and I knew many people who smoked it regularly. Most of my friends who smoked it did not smoke regular cigarettes. I probably wouldn't have hung out with them if they did. We all thought they were just nasty smelling and tasting. Pot wasn't something I ever did alone and never had to buy it cos everyone had some. I didn't even know where they got it, just went over to someones apartment or dorm and it was everywhere. I have never understood why we turn average citizens into criminals just by making something illegal that chills people out. If it were legalized, I would not do it again. I have had it offered to me many times since I quit doing it 26 years ago and have turned it down. It no longer serves a purpose in my life and that's what I think most people would do.
Laws are strange for many things and I wonder if any of them really serve the purpose intended. They do not deter crime, that is for sure. Look at how many murders, rapes, robberies, and every other kind of crime continues in spite of having been illegal for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Do we have laws just to punish those we think are acting immoral? Not to get religious, but the so called Golden Rule pretty much is the one law we could have that would cover everything. Don't do anything to another that you would not want them to do to you. Well, we might need a second law concerning rape, as I have read a lot of the erotic poems on this site and there are a lot of people who would like to be forced and controlled in sexual situations, so if that ruled were followed, they wouldn't think twice about taking someone else against their will. Oh no, once you start making exceptions to the rule, more exceptions are sure to follow. I suppose this is how we wound up with so many laws and exceptions that you need a lawyer for being charged with Jay Walking.
I still say, LEGALIZE POT! TAX POT! Give me health care coverage and I won't smoke, drink or do drugs!

Somebody start a forum on prostitution, I have similar plans for that. And no, I have never purchased services from a prostitute in spite of living in a neighborhood where they were on every corner and asked me hundreds of times if I wanted a date. Legal or illegal, these things go on and on. Why not make it healthier and help pay for health care for all of us? Well, I guess we don't need a forum on that now, I have spoken! HAha!

poet Anonymous

The problem is that if marijuana was legalised in a nation such as the USA or the UK, then the government would have to ADMIT to being wrong about the supposed "harmful" effects of the drug for decades.

Harper83
Harper
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 19th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 93

I think it's definitely political.  If it was the 'mind set that the drug induces' they would have to criminalise alcohol too.  Alcohol causes way more accidents and violent outbursts than marijuana..

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

Ahhh, to catch up with the altitude.

goodest
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 3007

i c da only reason mary is illegal is 2 keep poor ppl poor....it stays n ur system 4 about a month....if sumthin happens on ur job den u lose it & u dont even hav 2 b enebriated at da moment....& i no i probly mispelled da fuc outta dat word....lmao....but smokers r gonna smoke....u cant o d from it....it helps so many medical conditions....it even promotes peace bcuz wen ur hi u dont wanna b anything but mello....it makes da world happy & gr8ly relieves stress....if all dat happens den poor ppl wudnt b so depressed & probly wudnt commit many of da poor crimes....& wen poor ppl get arrested wit it....even if its jus a nickel bag den dey wind up havn 2 pay 100s & sumtimes even 1000s of dollars....maken dem even mor poor....its really fucked up dat dis nation which is conprised of so many who r poor or on da brink of it but its depressing 2 KNOW dat da gov continuously tries 2 stic it 2 us....dats y i say fuc em all....its really like anotha form of slavery....anotha form of control....& da gov is da 1s who keep putn it out der....aint dat sum shit....im gonna hav 2 smoke 1 jus 2 calm myself bac down....lmao

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

All who I’ve ever known who partake of the ‘whoodee’ are usually happy and peaceful enough while under the influence. It also stimulates deep thought.

All who I’ve ever known who just drink, range in behavior from happy and peaceful enough to dangerously psychotic. In many cases it diminishes clarity of mind.

Why would a nation that puts such  emphasis on violence and war revenue even consider making legally available and more or less flooding the population with a substance that’s going to make people happy and peaceful enough ?

But if this nation gets itself into a big enough financial pickle, the big boys may want to consider dealing weed. For now they’ll keep everybody they can, obliviously boozed up.

AshleyAugust
Lost scrolls
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 6th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 53

Who cares if it makes you happy do it...it's a big deal liquor and ciggarettes are more poisonous then pott...but i think it's the only drug to get involved with drugs tear familys apart

darlinscript
Strange Creature
Joined 1st Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 6

well, I think it's a youthful component that has no dispenser at all.

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

Since January 2, 2009, possession of an ounce or less of marihuana (which includes up to one ounce of pure THC) is a civil violation subject to a $100 if you are over the age of eighteen.  If you are under the age of 18 you must also perform 10 hours of community service and take a program. 
This is the massachusetts state law on the Mary j.. Which is all good, someone like me can have a joint and of a blunt and br fine.. Here's the ironic thing, they do not sell Mary in stores, pharmacies.. So where do they think we are going to buy it? If you're thinking like me then your saying, they do not want drug dealers but they won't sell them at stores.. but hey have a little in your car you just get a fine no worries, you're not going to jail for it, no the person that sold it to you, that kid will ruin his life packaging weed to feed himself will eventually get raided.  He'll end up in jail  for all of us daily smokers.. Win win for government don't you think.. They get another poor bastard drug dealer off the streets (they will keep his product and smoke it themselves mind you) there not thinking though. They must feed him behind bars tragic.. Also they make money off all his
customer.. What can be better then that..  

I remember they said back when I was a kid, never try Mary j because it will lead to you wanting a better high, so you eventually will turn to coke, pills, etc.. A bunch of bs in my case. I have smoked on and off for years I never dabbled or wanted a higher high then what weed gave me.. I say smoke if you want, just do not travel with it and or sell it. go mary j me and her have had some good times.. Still do ;)

poet Anonymous

Speaking of the whole "gateway" thing - I would never have tried any other supposedly "harder" substances if I hadn't have been using cannabis first. The good thing about this is that an occasional habit using cannabis can give you a respect for the drug (i.e. learn to appreciate it and realise that it can change the way you perceive things. You are not and never will be master of a drug). Trying other substances after spending years knowing how to react to sudden changes in mood brought about by a chemical should be a much more serious and careful event, rather than that old adage of "I need a bigger high!" Taking things like this should be about introspection and thought, not looking for the biggest bump of the biggest mountain of coke.

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011

You will be if you are scared as fuck to try any other kind of drug like I was, watching people all around you die of aids because they wanted to boot or sell themselves just for a high, that will make a person weary of other drugs.. Very true though, Mary j can be the first step to total disaster if you do not have the knowledge or the right mind set to know the facts of drugs.. As far as control over drugs, you can have control as long as you are in control of yourself.
My friends where doing and tried every drug. Me no I didn't because I knew the outcome and stuck with just the Jane

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

It's effects have been known to humans for thousands of years.

Herodotus, the Greek historian once visited an ancient nomadic people known as the Scythians who often indulged in cannabis. Well known at the time as exceptional warriors, these mounted archers once held sway over a very large swath of what is now Georgia, Russia and the Ukraine. In the ancient world they were in high demand as mercenary cavalry for their fighting prowess.

Ancient Grass Shack

Herodotus described how the Scythians would - “creep into a tent and throw the seed onto hot stones. At once it begins to smoke, giving off a vapor unsurpassed by any vapor bath one could find in Greece. The Scythians enjoy it so much that they howl with pleasure”

I really don’t see burning cannabis seeds doing anything else other than giving someone a headache. Since cannabis seeds form in the flowering tops, perhaps Herodotus was referring to the buds.

Buds that made these Scythians howl with pleasure. Thrown upon red hot stones inside a sealed-up tent, I’m sure the pleasant effects far surpassed any Greek vapor bath. Archeologists have unearthed metal cauldrons which contained stones and traces of cannabis.

The pot heads they once were, I’m wondering why they enjoyed battle so much. Of course the Scythians were big drinkers as well surely indulging in ale, mead and most definitely quaffing large amounts of kumiss, an alcohol beverage made of fermented mare’s milk.

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011

Let's all smoke some weed lol

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2252

Why is it legal to be a drunk    
but not a toker
could you explain
at the batterd womans hostals
the childrens homes
the hospitals and the graves
do you not understand
how many woman and childen
         could be saved

SpRkz
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 1st Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5

I'm from southern oregon and we smoke a lot of pot. I think there's no reason it should be illegal, george washington grew pot. Plus, hemp is one of the best natural resources there is.

Go to page:
Go to: